Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,875 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
Ok so I was watching Star Trek because there was a marathon on and I was bored and they ended up having a movie where they couldn't get home. At first I didn't even think about it but if they couldn't get home why not use the teleporter thingy they have? Even though its a old movie I won't spoil it but still the whole 2 hours and you have a teleporter right there use it. At one point I was screaming at the TV yelling "Use the teleporter already" But still they never used it. 2 hours and not once did they think about it. Now granted I am not a star wars fan but I have enjoyed the star wars movies just as much as anyone but at least they have ships and no teleporters so it never gets confusing. If you have a teleporter why do you even need a space ship? Why do you even need a crew? Can anyone please explain this to me? This is my first post on the forum so I wanted to do a subject that really makes people think.

6,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
They didnt use It because it can only reach so far through space before you end up not coming back at all. You alsow have to have an exact position to besent to and to be sent from for it to work. So realy the teleporter is only usefull for making short trips eaven shorter. its kinda of lame now that i have to think about it out loud.

5,875 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
rofl Finally after all my years of unanswered questions I know the truth. Thank you friend.

Romantic Man-Lover

User Image blaugh dramallama

Lonely Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
iHoney_DewMelonXP
User Image blaugh dramallama

Dear lord that poster, you have made my evening madam.

5,875 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
i am surprised anyone even remembers star trek deep space 9 lol

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Nsavetheworld
i am surprised anyone even remembers star trek deep space 9 lol

DS9 was perhaps not quite as good as ST:TNG - really, I want to Boldly Go, not Boldly Sit There on a crummy old retrofitted Cardassian space station - but a lot of its episodes, taken individually, were at least as good as many TNG ones. I especially recall the one where the Jem Hadar tells O'Brien something like, "We pray to our gods, but they never listen" - pretty deep. And the one where Sisko is a writer?! Very deep. I'm sorry I missed that marathon, I've been missing DS9.

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Valdura
They didnt use It because it can only reach so far through space before you end up not coming back at all. You alsow have to have an exact position to besent to and to be sent from for it to work. So realy the teleporter is only usefull for making short trips eaven shorter. its kinda of lame now that i have to think about it out loud.
Don't forget the added excitement of something possibly going awry and your ending up as a tangled mass of protein. That probably added a little frisson to the short trips. twisted
For some reason, you've got me imagining a short range teleport on Gilligan's Isle...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff