Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Remember what Rick said to Carl when he gave him the gun. He said "People are gonna die. I'm gonna die. And mom. There's no way you could be ready for it."

He was giving Carl the gun because he wanted him to be ready. He knows what's going on. The scientist in the CDC told him about this very thing, and he's starting to feel it. Which shows after he kills Shane, when he starts having flashes of zombies. It's dormant now, but who knows for how long?

Basically: Rick knows why Shane got up. He brushed off the two officer walkers in 18 Miles Out saying "Must've been scratched or somethin" as if he wasn't even concerned. He knew. He won't tell the rest of the group because he doesn't want to scare them.

The title meaning of "The Walking Dead" becomes ever more apparent.
Subject 23
Remember what Rick said to Carl when he gave him the gun. He said "People are gonna die. I'm gonna die. And mom. There's no way you could be ready for it."

He was giving Carl the gun because he wanted him to be ready. He knows what's going on. The scientist in the CDC told him about this very thing, and he's starting to feel it. Which shows after he kills Shane, when he starts having flashes of zombies. It's dormant now, but who knows for how long?

Basically: Rick knows why Shane got up. He brushed off the two officer walkers in 18 Miles Out saying "Must've been scratched or somethin" as if he wasn't even concerned. He knew. He won't tell the rest of the group because he doesn't want to scare them.

If he knew, why would he stab Shane and then not shoot him in the head?

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
He wasn't thinking "Be ready for him to turn into a walker" he was thinking "I have to kill my best friend..." a man isn't very clear-headed when he has to do something like that. His thought was with the action at hand, not the future.

SlumberLoli's Husband

Shirtless Entrepreneur

14,775 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Subject 23 is correct.
Rick has known since the CDC blew up.

Spoiler Alert

Highlight here: If you increase the centre channel to isolate the dialog in the bluray version of the final episode of season 1, you can hear the first two sentences, which are "It's in your blood." and "We're all carriers."

Rick knows all of this and has for awhile. That's why he's brushed off the officers without bites. He knew all along and he's kept the information to himself. I'm impressed with his will to survive though.

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Seriously!? I'll have to look into that. For now, I have to go to work. Later guys. Good discussion. biggrin

SlumberLoli's Husband

Shirtless Entrepreneur

14,775 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yep, yep! I was a little surprised that it worked when I tried it out but glad all the same.
I kind of figured that it may have been the case though.

I'm off to Uni now.
Laters!
good stuff. I didnt know that. Now things are staring to get clearer.

Sparkly Darling

6,700 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I always knew Rick knew more than he was saying after that scene with Jenner in the CDC. "Nebraska" and "19 Miles Out" only confirmed it to me, after Rick shot the two guys in the bar, and later when he and Shane found those two dead police officers.
you're making wholly claims about what dr.jenner and rick discussed.

you do not have any evidence to back up any of these claims. this is just speculation. no facts. we do not know what was said. you don't know either. no one does, except the producers, writers, actors and directors.

it will be revealed in the season finale.

i don't know why people are making claims without concrete evidence to back them up.
Moon Adolescent
Subject 23

If he knew, why would he stab Shane and then not shoot him in the head?
Because up to that point it hadn't happened yet and what the doctor said hasn't been verified. Also, you know. Aftershock of just having to kill your best friend.

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
the enlightenment

you do not have any evidence to back up any of these claims. this is just speculation. no facts. we do not know what was said. you don't know either. no one does, except the producers, writers, actors and directors.

i don't know why people are making claims without concrete evidence to back them up.

You clearly didn't read what was just said. They tried it, and it worked. So that's evidence. Personal evidence, but evidence nonetheless. You can choose not to believe it, but if someone is saying they personally saw it, who are you to call them a liar?

Beloved Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
Their world is a messed up place

5,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
But rather than becoming savages like the rest of the world, they should be trying to rise above that, and remain human. But they're straying further and further away from that, and given this week's revelation, I'm starting to wonder if the virus is involved.

10,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Oh see I knew Shane got bit or something effected him arm or side...everyone forgot...what I don't get why it didn't turn him before as alive. Thank you...I thought I lost my mind making up parts there for a moment.
Subject 23
the enlightenment

You clearly didn't read what was just said. They tried it, and it worked. So that's evidence. Personal evidence, but evidence nonetheless. You can choose not to believe it, but if someone is saying they personally saw it, who are you to call them a liar?
i did read it.

no one in the show has come to this conclusion. stop making assumptions until the entire cast actually blurts it out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff