Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Millionaire

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was so excited to have all those links up that I forgot to introduce this! This is a thread showing my progression of drawing style since I started learning recently. It also includes a picture from when I was 13 to show any of you youngins out there who may have been in my boat that there's always a chance to get better if drawing is that important to you smile

Constructive criticisms and other advice welcomed. :3

User Image
Thirteen year old self's idea of a "pretty decent" drawing.

User Image
Drawn on January 19th, 2012. Didn't really practice all those years... little progress was made.

User Image
Cracked open a sub-par drawing tutorial book and started learning the basics on February 17, 2012

User Image
Started trying to do the male torso and emotion in the face on February 18, 2012. Still using just a 2B pencil, eraser, and sharpener with lined paper. Lots of criticisms with body size and stuff in this, tried to fix in the next picture.

User Image
Drew an effeminate male character and practiced on tight-fitting clothing a little bit. His body size is a lot better, but his arms are still derpy. February 19th.

User Image
Worked on a 3/4 angle slight bird's eye view. First time feeling fairly satisfied with a drawing. Proportions are slowly improving, and I learned a lot about angling in this one. February 19th as well.

User Image
First time drawing the female form. Turned out alright but has a number of flaws. I now have a sketchbook, a bunch of different types of pencils, and a few other useful tools :3

Anyone who thinks they suck at drawing should know that there's always a chance to improve if you're passionate about it. smile I'm still a beginner who can't even draw hands properly or make arms fit on a character properly, but I'm getting better with every drawing I do because I'm learning things each time! Any other rookies should keep at it, no matter who tells you you're not good at drawing :3

Fashionable Millionaire

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree, if you're passionate, you can improve at an alarming rate, if you just draw once in awhile and dont try to 'understand' some of the basic rules/constructs then you won't really get anywhere.

Fashionable Millionaire

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ChadowKissed Deviantart
if you just draw once in awhile and dont try to 'understand' some of the basic rules/constructs then you won't really get anywhere.

My life for five years haha.
These look a lot like how I drew in Highschool.
Keep it up, and you'll continue to get better!
FallenFolf
These look a lot like how I drew in Highschool.
Keep it up, and you'll continue to get better!

That's what she said.

Tipsy Lunatic

These look exactly like how I used to draw when I was in high school.

I suggest getting an anatomy book (any kind) and drawing from that for a little bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff