Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

the brightest flames burn the fastest

Lumina chuckled as she walked over and set the bowl on the bedside table near Akeiru. "I can't remember much of that, just like a lot of things. Maybe a drink will help though," she said with a grin. "Anyways, let me help you with the rest of these layers."
Her hands went to the top Akeiru was wearing, unfortunately both sliced open and covered in blood. It came off easily, slipped up and over Akeiru's head and then removed from her arms to minimize the amount of stretching she would have to do. Lumina kept her eyes downwards as much as she possibly could, lest she let them wander and forget what she was doing. It had been a while since she had seen a naked woman, and she couldn't say she didn't like the view.
Next were the pants, or breeches, or bloomers, or whatever they were. It was a loose pair of bottoms that ended just below Akeiru's knees, and they were slipped off as Lumina knelt down to help Akeiru step out of them.
Now that Akeiru was left with nothing but panties, Lumina turned to wring out the cloth, handing it to Akeiru.
"Do you want me to take care of your hair?" she asked, wanting to avoid any awkwardness she would bring by avoiding the chance of seeing her friend full frontal and completely nude.

feed me slowly through the night

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝓐𝓴𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓾 𝓗𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓾𝓳𝓲 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
She's resplendent, so confidentxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I realise, I'm hypnotized xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am sorry, I am so, for the things you don't know
        And as for the things you do, I am sorry for those too

"Are you blushing?" Akeiru asked, with a grin towards the girl, though it was light hearted teasing as she took the cloth from her friend
        "If you like, sure.. I can get the rest of me."
        She said, looking down at herself to try and figure out where to begin
        The wet cloth felt wonderful against her skin, and she wished desperately that she was able to have a full bath, though she supposed that would be for another day, She didn't much want to cross this doctor.
        "I don't remember all that much either.." She said finally, her voice quiet again, and she dipped the bloody cloth in the water to clean it, staining the water orange almost immediately
        "a few faces and places but I guess over the years it's slipped away from me.. I'm honestly surprised I managed to cast at all back there"

I just didn't want to have to ask, I just didn't want to have to lose
        Least of all people, you

| Morning | Mid-Day | Evening | Night |

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina's eyes widened as she looked at Akeiru's face. "No! No, I'm not blushing- Is your vision okay? Did you hit your head?" she asked, moving to grab a cloth to soak and bring back to the pale girl's face. "I'm not blushing..." she said as she turned away and made her way to the cupboard, opening it and searching for something, hoping that Nadya would have had the foresight to have an extra on hand, and yes, she did.
Lumina grabbed the brush, the sort with lots and lots of soft bristles set in a plain wooden handle, and looked it over thoroughly, trying to buy time to let her cheeks lose their heat.
When she turned back, she swallowed and set her face. Maybe she was attracted to her friend. It wasn't that strange, Akeiru was quite beautiful, even covered and blood and recently half dead.
Dipping the brush in the water, she brought it through the ends of Akeiru's hair, working out the knots and dried clumps of blood gently, rinsing the brush often as she worked her way up. The water was quickly becoming murky and the swirling orange patterns on the surface made her stop and watch it for a moment in thought. "It was surprising, seeing you cast again... And I'm excited that you can still do that. But I wonder if I'll be able to, I just don't feel that warmth inside anymore and I think Hircine might have taken it?" she wondered out loud.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru smiled; and felt a quiet laugh escape her at the sight of her flustered friend.
        "Perhaps I did" She said, the possibility was quite real, her entire time from the banquet to this strange town was somewhat hazy now that she thought about it, and she made a noise with displeasure that it was so.
        She was sure she used to pride herself on clarity, along with her magical ability
        "We should practice together" She said, finally; after a long silence while she thought and finished wiping the blood from her skin
        "When we're out of this place and alone, anyway.. I'm not sure I'd want to find out how these people react to that..."
        She laughed again, groaning a little and placing a hand to her bandaged side, the stitches pulling slightly with her movement
        "If only I could fully remember how to heal, this wouldn't be a problem..." she said, a growl in her tone
        "I can still do little scrapes, for the most part... I wonder if there might be any magical tomes around in this country... something we could use to practice some of this. It would be helpful if we ever get in trouble like that again..."

Least of all people, you

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina made an affirmative noise, pressing a towel to Akeiru's long locks to draw out the water, which stained the absorbent fabric slightly with what blood couldn't be pulled out. "I get a weird... old feeling about this place. Like, not an uncomfortable feeling, but pressure. I just can't ignore it, I guess." she said. The towel wasn't pulling anything else out, so she set it aside where she had put the brush and thought to get a sheet for Akeiru to cover up. Enthir should be done soon.
As she was at the cupboard searching for a sheet, she spoke without looking behind her. "This place is so plain and orderly... Not like the castle. Even though the people there didn't know about magic, they were still uh, normal." The sheet she grabbed was white, just like all the other fabric in the room. Neat and tidy. Clean and proper and all in the right place. She shook off the weird feeling she had and handed the sheet over to Akeiru.
"I think it would be worth it to ask Nadya a few questions. Like... where we could find books and maps, and clothes, and weapons... at least," she said, ticking off the things she listed on her fingers, "and I really want to know more about this town. Do you figure Nadya is hiding something, or does she genuinely not know about the castle?"

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

"Honestly I suppose anything is possible at this point... Maybe we walked through another portal and we're in yet another place" Akeiru said, hoping it wasn't true and taking the sheet from her and pulling it around her own shoulders carefully, and beginning to rummage through Enthir's bag, pulling her now creased clothing from it,
        She made a noise in displeasure at the sight, recalling that she had very hastily shoved them into the pack earlier
        "Clothes to fit in would be good... and extra weapons never hurts, lasting food and travel supplies, and depending on how far we need to go.. maybe transportation. I have some jewellery... Maybe it can be traded for the things we need." She said, her voice distant a she thought, sitting herself onto the edge of the bed with the bag, and looking to Lumina finally
        "I generally have a habit of thinking everyone is a liar until they are proven to be true... It's safer that way. For now we trust only us, speak in whispers, and try to figure out where we are. So far her aim seems to be to help, so that's something I suppose"
        She shrugged, casually, and turned her eyes to the door
        "if the worst happens, I suggest we take what we can and make a run for it."

Least of all people, you

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

"Oh Goddess, I'm so tired of running, that's going to have to be the very last option on the list." Lumina said grudgingly, looking down at her feet, which were still filthy and sore. She sat herself down on the bed right across from where Akeiru was, and gripped her fingers into the firm mattress, looking at her knees while she thought.
"So, we have something of a plan. We'll have to finalize it with Enthir of course, but so far we have a few things to start with." she started, looking up at Akeiru. "First and foremost, we stay put until we have supplies- and have you healed enough to go. Supplies are going to be the most important. Then, information. We should figure out where we are, where we want to go, and how to get there. I figure south is our best option, hopefully they won't be keeping the guards out on patrol very long. Last should be figuring out what sort of place this is, and possibly figuring out our own situation, for magic, I mean."
Lumina looked out the window then, noticing the sun and shadows filtering in calmly, finally starting to fade as the day was drawing to an end. "We have all night to figure this out, unless Nadya wants to have a slumber party," she chuckled half-heartedly.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

Akeiru slowly pulled the layers of her clothing on as she listened to Lumina, nodding every so often as she did, feeling far more comfortable to be again in the outfit she was used to, and she let herself lay back onto the bed; looking over to Lumina, and tugging at her sleeves as if she were nervous about the suggestion
        "Nayru help us, I hope not" She said, though she gave a meek smile in return
        "I wonder if we should take turns being awake... at least for tonight..." she said though she was unsure if it was even possible for any of them to do, with all that they'd been through that day,
        Enthirs soft footsteps finally entered the room, and Akeiru turned only her head to look over at him; with damp, messy hair that looked as if he had just combed his fingers through it; but he looked to be in higher spirits after cleaning, stepping closer to them and tossing the messy clothes onto the end of the bed with a sigh
        "From the looks of you two I suppose you have a plan" He said, sitting next to the pile of bloody cloth as he looked to them, "Just please tell me it involves a nap first.."
        "For once.. yes." Akeiru said, and Enthir seemed to sigh with relief
        "I have to say though, for a hostel, and a doctors office... this place seems really... quiet, Are we really so far out that nobody travels here and stays?"

Least of all people, you

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina nodded at Akeiru's nightwatch suggestion, but stood as Enthir entered the room, placing a hand on the footboard of the bed she had occupied and looking at him as he spoke. "Mm, yeah, I noticed that we were the only people who stood out... And now that you mention it, I have even more questions for Nadya..." she said, trailing off. "But that's later. I hope the water is still warm!"
Lumina took the basin of bloodied water, planning on dumping it while she was in the garden. She made her way down the stairs and out the back, going straight across the end of the hallway and out the open doorway in front of her, turning once she was outside to view the large garden. It was moderately light out, the sun just starting to dip, and Lumina saw plenty of leafy plants fluttering softly with the breeze. Tall sunflowers and flowering bushes lined the back, creating a pretty oasis of vibrant life and colour. She smiled and took in the sights for just a few moments before thinking about the bath again.
Around the corner, on the opposite side of the wall where the stairs would be, was a wooden screen, and a towel thrown over the top of it probably meant that the bath was on the other side. And it was.
Lumina found a spot off to the side of the garden, poured the basin water out, and placed the basin aside before taking off her tatty dress and leaving it with the basin.
The bath water flowed continuously from a tap set in the wall of the building, and seemed to drain through a spout in the side and into a grate in the ground. This meant the water was fresh and clear after Enthir had been there, and it was steaming slightly, perpetually warm. Lumina murmured her approval as she tested the temperature, and slipped herself into the bath, immersing herself fully.
After soaking a few moments and basking in the warmth, she looked around for a cloth or other washing implement, finding a table conveniently close by with a bar of soap and stack of cloths ready to go.
The scrubbing felt blissful, and Lumina was sure to be extra thorough, finding joy in seeing herself become fresh and pink. The water did not look so good when she was done, but it would be cycled clean soon, she was sure. After her hair was cared for and rinsed in the flowing water, she figured she might as well step out and make her way back to her two companions.
When she stood and went to grab the towel on the screen, she noticed a clean and white garment hanging beside it. Nadya must have put it there, she figured. Lumina hadn't noticed anyone come around while she was bathing, but there was no one watching now, so she shrugged and grabbed the towel.
After stepping out of the bath and drying herself, Lumina took the garment and held it by the shoulders. It was a simple shift dress with short sleeves. Bloomers had been placed with it, and were still on the screen, but Lumina put them on after pulling the plain dress over her head. They were cotton, soft, but not yet worn in, so they were slightly uncomfortable at first, but as soon as Lumina made her way upstairs, she hardly noticed. Pulling her fingers through her damp hair as she walked into the room, she grabbed the brush she had used on Akeriu earlier and worked her own knots out before taking inventory. No Nadya. She must have stayed downstairs, she surmised.
"What did I miss?" she asked the pair in the room.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

"Nothing interesting" Akeiru said, relieved about the fact.
        She hadn't seen Nadya since the woman had stitched her, and she felt glad about that too, she hated feeling so vulnerable.
        She sat with her legs crossed on the bed, and closed a leather bound book in front of her that she had been writing in. leaning one elbow on her knee as she propped her head up
        The room was much darker now, but she had managed to find some candles on the shelves in the room, lighting a few around the room for a warm glow as the last of the light left the sky
        Enthir stood by the window, looking out at the empty street below them, which was growing quickly just as dark, and he couldn't find any light sources in the view he had
        "They don't have streetlamps." He said, looking back to the two girls and leaning against the wall he stood near
        "Or lights of any kind. how is anyone supposed to know where they're going"
        He seemed more confused than concerned with it
        "Maybe they don't go out at night" Akeiru said, inquisitively
        "Most places are dangerous at night... I can't imagine this is an exception..."

Least of all people, you

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Lumina sat herself down on the bed she had chosen, putting the brush down and trying to fix her part with her hands, finding it much easier now that there were no protrusions on top of her head anymore. "Another mystery," she muttered, finally feeling tired after all the day's activity. Just as she pushed her hair behind her ear, she heard footsteps on the stairs
"I've got a meal ready downstairs, roast duck and vegetable stew," Nadya announced, standing at the top of the stairs with a big smile on her face, looking at the three in the room before heading back down. "Come get it before it gets cold!"
Lumina had looked over when she showed up, but looked back to Akeiru and Enthir. "Oh, good timing. We can probably get some questions answered over dinner." she said. She made her way out and down the stairs and looked down the hall. All the doorways were still there, all the same as the next one, only the odd wall decoration breaking up the similarity.
Just as Lumina was about to make her way down and check each room again, Nadya showed up in one of the doorways, the one right next to the kitchen, and smiled.
"Oh, it's in here, help yourself!" she offered.
Lumina gave a small smile back, following Nadya in the room, noticing the large table and benches. A pot of stew and a tray filled with roast beef was steaming on the table. It smelled great, a savoury aroma filling the room, and Lumina let it pull her in, settling herself at the table across from Nadya. "Ohmygoddess, did you make all of this?"
Nadya reached for a roll from the spread, and buttered it lightly, tearing off small pieces to eat.
"Mm, no, I had to visit Temple for this. I'm not a cook, I'm not very good in the kitchen." she said, laughing quietly.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

There's a humming in the restless summer air
        And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
        But in all chaos, there is calculation

Akeiru was slower getting down the stairs, refusing to let Enthir carry her again as she placed her hand on the wall to steady herself as she walked.
        He kept beside her, making sure she didn't fall as he guided her into the room, and she instinctively looked around it to make sure they were the only ones there
        They were, and she was unsure if it made her feel better or worse as she sat beside Lumina, looking over the spread of food cautiously, and settling herself on taking a bowl of the stew.
        It smelled wonderful, with a pale broth and large pieces of vegetables throughout, and she moved her spoon back and forth slowly through the soup, contemplating the likelihood of it being a trap though Nadya seemed nice enough for now, and to see her eat aswel put Akeiru somewhat more at ease
        "You've got a lot of space for this place to be so empty..." Enthir said, after sitting himself down with some of the food; He was far too hungry and tired to care much about it's safety
        "Do you ever get more visitors?"

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
        God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
        Chance is the only game I play with, baby

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Nadya listened intently as Enthir spoke to her, and put down her roll to answer him,
"Well, yes, we did have others, but they get settled fairly quickly... So the beds don't stay full for very long."
Lumina slurped her stew a little louder than she wanted to, and swallowed, clearing her throat with an "Excuse me." She put her spoon down. "Looks like you're well equipped for large groups then. Good planning. But, settled?" she asked.
Nadya looked at Lumina blankly, as if it was unheard of to question that logic. She folded her hands neatly, giving her full attention to Lumina,
"Yes, travelers settle here all the time."
"Oh, well, alright. But we're looking to keep traveling... And it would be wonderful if you had a map of the area, or could let us know which road led south, at least." Lumina said.
Nadya laughed at this, as if she had heard a joke.
"Well, aren't you feeling impatient, Lulu! Let's have a nice relaxing night first, okay? Felix comes in here half dead, and you're already itching to leave? I don't think so." she said, smile unwavering.
Lumina bristled a bit at this. She filled her mouth with roast beef as she tried to think of something safe to talk about.

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100

x
x

There's a humming in the restless summer air
        And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
        But in all chaos, there is calculation

Enthir looked somewhat alarmed by her tone suddenly, falling silent as not to aggravate the situation further, though suddenly leaving as soon as they could didn't sound so bad, and he focused himself on the food
        "I'm fine." Akeiru grumbled, finally putting a spoonful of the soup in her mouth.
        It tasted as good as it smelled, but she made no motion to show it, suddenly feeling defensive, and she eyed Nadia carefully between tiny bites
        "What's this place called then?" She said, feigning curiosity.
        She figured it a safe enough question, and she attempted to make it sound as innocent as possible, hoping Lumina might at least recognise a name and know where they were, but it was a long shot.
        She supposed that ruled out finding weapons and supplies for now, unless they could manage to find some in the building without being caught; though they also had nowhere to hide such things

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
        God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
        Chance is the only game I play with, baby

Salty Sweetheart

User Image
⇢ʟumina ʟuca von ғeuer

Nadya spread her hands out on the table, seeming to be a little taken aback.
"This is Ornesse." she said simply, seeming almost offended.
Lumina put her spoon down and looked up at Nadya. She was almost scared, definitely confused. Was that supposed to mean something? Nadya didn't know about the castle, and she expected them to know about 'Ornesse'?
"I'm sorry, Nadya. We're very new to the area... Can you give us a run-down?" she asked. She figured playing innocent would be safe, though to be fair, she truly did not know anything about the area.
Nadya nodded, looking a little more comfortable.
"Oh... It's been a while since we've had newcomers, but really, everyone is welcome!" she said, gesturing to the three of them. "Our city is pretty big, bigger than anywhere else in the region, but you'll get used to it pretty quick. Temple isn't too far up the road, the market is on the other end, and that's pretty much it."
"Temple?" Lumina inquired.
"Oh yes, it's a simple Temple compared to the some, but we have all the resources and services that you might need. I'll introduce you to our Cleric tomorrow! He's going to love you." Nadya said, suddenly lighting up with a smile.
She seemed to be very happy about this 'temple', she went there for the food and came back with a skip in her step. Lumina was trying to figure out what could be so great about it. She simply nodded at the suggestion, pushing her bowl away and standing, ready to head back upstairs.
"Thank you for the food, Nadya. I think... I'm very tired, I'll see you in the morning?" Lumina said.
Nadya looked up at her with that same big smile,
"Yes, of course, sleep well,"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out