Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
WARNING: THIS RIG USES FLICKERING IMAGES AND SUCH ANIMATIONS THAT CAN CAUSE HEADACHES,MINI SEIZURES, OR OTHER VISION PROBLEMS. CAREFUL WHEN SCROLLING
I sincerely apologize that I had no idea such things happened. As such I'm trying to move the actual animations lower on the page. I'm not sure much that I can do.

Site Feedback thread which highlights the issue, PLEASE READ.

I've added still images in my journal right here
They're hosted on photobucket so it may reach a bandwidth problem but it's all I can do now.

Cross post: I was thinking that we/I/someone could ask the staff for still images and replace the thread with that; I'd have the actual GIFS in another area with definite warnings.
I'd grab the images myself but people would rather have the thread have actual Gaia images where they don't get blocked and there are no bandwidth issues.

Warning part 2:
GIF HEAVY

User Image
User Image
User Image
LINKS TO GO TO:

Item thread!

Screen King-Pick Your Flick and Reveal Your Prize!

French translations

Discussion:
**IT INVOLVES IVAN AND BIBBLES LORD FLUFFYKINS EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. DO YOU AGREE?
**Gosh! They're using ANIMATION! Not as much as the G-boy turbo but enough to make this adorable!
** I N C E P T I O N
**Different styles for different genre! How do you like this idea? Does it work well with the RIG? Remind you of any movie?
** You have to admit; the villain is pretty handsome. Not as much as I am but you know.
**You movie buffs can play "Spot that reference!" No points for getting Harry Potter right, I'm afraid.

-------------------------------------
User Image
Ivan and Bibbles have invited you out to a midnight movie, but the price of admission includes a strange surprise: Ivan dozes off, and you find yourself pulled into his bizarre silver screen dreams! If you can guide him through a wild mishmash of movie genres, he'll become the Screen King-- and you'll be handsomely rewarded!

User Image

DREAM 1

ROMANTIC COMEDY.

User Image
Ivan seems to be dreaming about the movie he fell asleep during, a Romantic Comedy! He’s meeting up with Liza, the love interest, for a cup of coffee at the cafe they met at.

User Image

User Image
Dream Ivan is shy, and he’s getting nervous. He tries telling a joke.

User Image
She laughs! The attraction is magnetic. Liza gazes at him with love - they are finally together.

User Image
Ivan and Liza lean in to kiss...

User Image

Oh no! The dream seems to be getting hazy. Ivan might wake up! Do you stop here and collect the prizes you’ve earned, or risk more and go deeper?

User Image User Image

DREAM 2

THE CHILDREN'S MUSICAL (Dream a)

User Image
Just as they’re about to kiss, Liza suddenly breaks into song! From the looks of the fairytale forest, it seems like you’re in a Children’s Musical.

User Image
Woodland creatures of all shapes and sizes approach Liza, attracted by her beautiful song.

User Image
But her number is cut short, as the villain swoops in and steals her from Ivan! As she is carried away, she drops a white enchanted rose...

User Image
The rose glows with their destined love. Ivan knows he must rescue her before the last petal falls. Already, a petal floats to the ground.

User Image
Oh no! The dream seems to be getting hazy. Ivan might wake up! Do you stop here and collect the prizes you’ve earned, or risk more and go deeper?
User Image User Image

THE ACTION MOVIE (Dream b)
User Image
Just as they’re about to kiss, a red laser dot appears on Ivan’s forehead! Liza’s eyes go wide.

User Image
Liza grabs Ivan and pushes him out of the way. They tumble as the wall behind them explodes with gunfire!

User Image
Luckily, Ivan’s watch has a super secret feature to turn into a gun. He hits a button to make it transform, and Liza and Ivan start returning fire.

User Image
But it’s no use! The villain evades their fire and grabs Liza, escaping with her! “Noooooo!!” Ivan cries out.

User Image
User Image User Image

DREAM 3

THE FOREIGN FILM (Dream a)
User Image
You follow Ivan and Bibbles as they track the drifting petals to Paris...

User Image
Bibbles notices a clue! It’s Liza’s favorite wine... where is it coming from?

User Image
Atop the Eiffel Tower, Ivan spots his love!

User Image
She’s being carried to the top of the tower! He’ll have to reach her quick, there’s no telling what the villain’s dastardly plans involve.

User Image
User Image User Image

THE OLD WESTERN (Dream b)

User Image
Ivan chases after the kidnapper... on a horse? This is an interesting development.

User Image
It’s the wild west! And like in any proper western, the villain ties Liza to a convenient railroad track!

User Image
In dramatic silence, they know they must duel off. Ivan prepares his trigger finger...

User Image
Ivan wins the duel, but the villain escapes! In the distance, Ivan and Liza can hear a train’s whistle. He’ll have to worry about the villain later, he must get Liza out before the train comes!

User Image
Ivan rushes to free Liza. He unties her just in time, but the train seems closer now than it should, and Ivan’s legs feel like lead...

User Image
User Image User Image

THE FANTASY MOVIE (Dream c)
User Image
“YES! You’re a wizard, Ivan,” says a voice from off screen.

User Image
Ivan turns to face the voice. Standing in the shadows is the man who kidnapped Liza. “I challenge you, Ivan, to a wizards duel. You’ll have to defeat me to save your precious love.”

User Image
Ivan accepts his challenge, and doesn’t hold back. Their spells fly with intensity, lighting up the old school of wizardry.

User Image
But the villain is ruthless, and Ivan struggles to stave off his attacks. He feels himself getting weaker...

User Image
User Image User Image

DREAM 4

THE MONSTER MOVIE (Dream a)
User Image
Suddenly, a giant monster crashes into Paris. It’s Octoshark! And he’s going straight for the Eiffel Tower!

User Image
Another monster bursts into the scene - Crockadactyl! The gale from its beating wings makes the Tower’s iron groan.

User Image
Octoshark and Crockadactyl screech and roar in an epic battle that threatens to destroy the Tower!

User Image
But Liza is still at the top! Ivan tries to climb the Tower despite the ongoing destruction, but feels it crumbling beneath him...

User Image
User Image User Image

THE SCI-FI MOVIE (Dream b)
User Image
Just as the train is about to hit them, its iron and steel start disconnecting and reassembling to another shape. Ivan and Liza watch in awe as it turns into a giant mecha, the Trainsformer!

User Image
Luckily, Ivan has his own mecha, the Ivangelia! It activates and rescues them from the Trainsformer.

User Image
Ivangelia and the Trainsformer battle fiercely. But the enemy is incredibly strong, and Ivan knows that his mecha can only take so much abuse.

User Image
Bibbles comes on screen - he’s found a weakness in the enemy’s armor! Ivan grins and prepares to fire at the coordinates...

User Image

User Image User Image

THE ANIME (Dream c)
User Image
A white rose suddenly hits the villain's wand hand, causing the spell to misfire!

User Image
OMG, it’s Liza! No, it’s Lovely Lady Love Interest Liza! And she’s here to punish you!

User Image
“Liza, you’ve saved me!” Ivan’s love overflows to sparkly shoujo proportions!

User Image
Lovely Lady Love Interest Liza begins powering up her Super Hearthrob Scepter and aims at the villain...

User Image
User Image User Image

VICTORY

VICTORY
User Image

All of Ivan’s dreams of movies start colliding into a crazy parade of insanity, but you all manage to escape just in time! Ivan’s defeated his dream challenge, and become the Screen King!

User Image
Now crowned the victor, King Ivan leans in to kiss Liza as the dream starts to unravel...

User Image
...But he wakes up! That’s how it always is... At least he has Bibbles. And you have your reward!

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
FAIL
User Image
Oh no! Bibbles knocked over the soda into Ivan’s lap and woke him up! Bibbles!

User Image
Oops! Ivan is awoken by a pressing need to relieve himself, and he has to rush to the men’s room!

User Image
Uh oh! Ivan slept through the movie and an employee woke him up to kick him out! I guess there’s always next time...

User Image
Oh no! Ivan woke up to... Lucky? This must be a dream! He woke up again, but to Cookie Boots. Wait! Also a dream! He woke up again... Is that Kitten Star?!? Help!

ShavosStars extra!
User Image
User Image

PRlSM ixtra
User Image

Movie artists:

THE ROMANTIC COMEDY: ???
THE CHILDREN'S MUSICAL and FAILS: Shavostars
THE ACTION MOVIE: ???
THE FOREIGN FILM: ???
THE OLD WESTERN: Reapersun
THE FANTASY MOVIE: Probably Pickpocket.
THE MONSTER MOVIE: DrinkyTengu
THE SCI-FI MOVIE: Warrior_of_boognish
THE ANIME: Satan.
VICTORY: So and so.

User Image

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I demand art XD

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
[Alt]
I demand art XD

Hold your horses!

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Sinsario
[Alt]
I demand art XD

Hold your horses!
:3 awww ok~ Just so excited :3

Rare

Interesting art styles. And ANIMATION?

Fashionable Vampire

If you need art from the Announcement,here it is:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/new-ci-help-ivan-become-the-screen-king/t.72243577/

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Wellp! I guess it's mostly done.
So I laughed
at the end.

I just love it when cats do that!

Tiny Shapeshifter

There's more to the rig, I just came across the musical for Stage 2. There might be more stages down in the road. :0

Here's some buttons if you want them.
User ImageUser Image

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yen Quest
There's more to the rig, I just came across the musical for Stage 2. There might be more stages down in the road. :0

*punches someone*
*ahem*
So if you can; please get them for me!

Married Pumpkin

User Image
“YES! You’re a wizard, Ivan,” says a voice from off screen.

User Image
Ivan turns to face the voice. Standing in the shadows is the man who kidnapped Liza. “I challenge you, Ivan, to a wizards duel. You’ll have to defeat me to save your precious love.”

User Image
Ivan accepts his challenge, and doesn’t hold back. Their spells fly with intensity, lighting up the old school of wizardry.

User Image
But the villain is ruthless, and Ivan struggles to stave off his attacks. He feels himself getting weaker...

Rare

Lulz at Bibbles.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Sinsario
*punches someone*
*ahem*
So if you can; please get them for me!
Will do. Busy getting the other ones as well. xD

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Well that's it for my bundle. Just one victory. Let me cry.
The rest relies on you folks!

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Revisited Wand
wizardry.

do you happen to remember the name of the type of movie this is?
And like...after which scene it comes from. And...everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff