Welcome to Gaia! ::

what should i do? i only have paint application....is it okay to just use it? question

Widow

******** yeah

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Why wouldn't it be? That being said there are free art programs like the gimp and the open version of twisted brush.
Here is an example of some awesome MS Paint art.... This isn't even the best one I've ever seen. So yes MS Paint is acceptable as a tool. It's not acceptable as an excuse though. wink

Edit: Gah Youtube not seeming to want to imbed today.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhReaZk

Link instead.

Timid Explorer

Yeah, of course. My friend is an MS Paint artist and she's excellent.

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
Sure, it's fine. However, paint probably isn't the most user-friendly art program, and if you want to learn more about digital art, you might consider getting a free program like gimp or opencanvas 1.1.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I find MS Paint difficult to use, and the pixelation looked to big and flat to me.... not 'real'-looking enough...

Now, WIndows 7's version of Paint is excellent. It has different textures and brushes, not just pencil (that doesn't look like pencil at all, imo), brush, eraser, fill, and airbrush. Nah, it has oils, water colors, crayons, etc. o.o

Although, I prefer GIMP. 3nodding Much more options, and it looks more realistic.

Also, I've seen some pretty amazing things done with basic MS Paint.... and I admire those artists for their patience and skill, since the program is hard to work with.

Invisible Shapeshifter

paint is totally ok, but I don't like when people get credit later just for using it.
example:
"WOW! you made that in paint?"

it's such a strange way to be complimented to, like the picture wouldn't be nice if it wasn't made in paint...
Paint is okay if you know how to use it smile

Aged Codger

Paint gets a lot of flack for being simple or difficult to use, and because of that people want to use it as a crutch when they draw something poorly. They'll post something with wonky anatomy and blame that on the fact that they used Paint. People doing this certainly do not help the program's image (nor do they help themselves by blaming a program on their own faults as artists).

A lot of pixel artists like to use Paint. I look at the program as not being any different than simple oekaki, and figure as long as you can use masks it's perfectly fine. I used to draw in Paint 16 years ago before my family had a scanner (we didn't get one until I was 19 and in college), and I never once thought about how Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro was better. They're just different, and sometimes a simpler medium is better.

Lonely Fairy

paint is the best...I have photoshop and i prefer paint smile
sometimes simple is better.
tnx guys...i really do appreciate the thoughts,...wish me luck in drawing using MS paint

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff