Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Prophet

The High Houses of the Ursidae Council are once again rife with political strife and betrayal. The sons of the Houses Tremarctos and Ailuropoda, rival houses in the salmon trade, have become close friends at the Noble Academy of the Sciences. They have just left, without their parents knowing, on an adventure through the world to discover the secrets of science and magick without the eyes and claws of their families.
This is where their story begins, on the road to Estinthas, through dark woods.

And as a recap, here we have Lord Arctodus:
Image: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Lord Arctodus Tremarctini
Short Bio: I am Lord Arctodus Tremarctini, of the High House of Tremarctos. House Tremarctos has been an established lineage in the Ursidae Council, which was founded in part by my very ancestors. As the youngest cub of House Tremarctos, it is my responsibility to sit in upon political discussions and learn the ways of my fore-bears, as I will take my father's place when he passes. However, I favor the sciences more than the political endeavors, and as such I have become great friends with a fellow scientist, Gansu, of House Ailuropoda, a rival house to my own. We share intrigue of the many machinations of science and magick, and hope to possibly combine the two in ways unfathomable before us.
Image: User Image
Name: Gansu, of House Ailuropoda
Short Bio: Born into the newly founded house of Ailurpoda, Gansu found himself seated in luxurie above the poverty that was his home city. Looking down upon those impoverished and without the bamboo necessary to survive, Gansu took interest in politics at a young age. However, he took to conform and radical social change as his focus, much to his family's dismay. He quickly turned insurgent against his own family and their greed and ill-will to their fellow bear. Realizing that terrorism is no way to get the job done, he turned to science to discover means to increase the bamboo harvests for all. In his studies abroad, he met Lord Arctodus of House Tremarctos, a rival house to his. Their shared interest in science sparked a friendship that their warring families could not shake.

Friendly Prophet

Lord Arctodus Tremarctini pawed through his nap-sack searching for his flask. Only three hours on the road and already thirsty, he popped open the top of the steel container and sipped on the sweet honey inside. It was a gift for his 10th birthday, honey from the rare bees of the northlands. Extremely sweet, with a cooling sensation. He savored the nectar and stowed it away again, afterwards snapping his nap-sack onto his utility belt.
"I am now ready, Gansu, let us continue if you are as well. Hopefully, if we make with haste, we will not be forced to retire in this dreary place. It smells of badgers, the vile greedy things."
Arctodus checked the energy on his plasma pistol, making sure it was not losing a charge. When one is the son of a noble, one must always be prepared, with claw and gun to defend honor and life.
Gansu posted against a near by tree. "Hold o-" hiccups inturrupt his slurred speach. "I hav'ta... Hav'ta.." The snow melting under the heat of his urine. "Ahhhh.. ohhkay Les do this!" He stumbles in his attempt to drink from his gourd of spiked honey.

Friendly Prophet

Arctodus lumbered forward, sighing at his friend's drunken display. Moving on all fours, for speed and stability, he continued down the road with Gansu, hardly stopping but for a brief moment. In a few hours, they will reach Estinthas, a major port city on the western coast. From there they might find passage aboard ship or air-vessel to farther places, or perhaps trade for knowledge of powerful sites of magical energy. The day is still young, barely past noon. Hopefully, the roads will be clear of too many passerby; Arctodus's mechanical eyepatch is a feature too well known, both in appearance and back-story. In summation of a not too long, but long enough, story, elves are good hagglers.

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image

Name:Lady Cytheria
Race: Shifter
Bio: A lady of a prosperous household. She is the next in line to lead her family, and as such, she is on a spiritual journey for a years time to learn what the world is like and to find her own wisdom and how she will lead. Her chosen animal is still a secret even to herself. By the end of this journey she hopes to know it as well as a few other things.

((Sorry, my internet was being terrible, I had to restart everything.))
Reaching the port city. "Your people make the best! Houn'ney!" he bellowed at an elf merchant. Unable to control his voice, he decides it's a great idea to harass the merchant for spiked honey. "I'll give you two mast for you to refill my gourd here!" Gansu looks over at Arctodus. "I'm feelin' generous! Give the fill to my friend over here too! I'll give you four mast" He pays no attention to the look he knows he'll receive from Arctodus. He fully knows how little they're allowed to spend on their journey, but he simply does not give a damn.

Friendly Prophet

Meiburu

((Sorry, my internet was being terrible, I had to restart everything.))

((S'cool, just go ahead and post! biggrin ))

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cytheria was making her way though a forest. She checked her surroundings before resting under a tree, listening even as she drifted off. She knew the forest was dangerous, but she was well armed, and very skilled with her blades and her magic wasn't too bad either. She just hoped that she would have no use for it.

Friendly Prophet

Sighing, again, at the state of his comrade, Arctodus reached toward his bag looking for coin to perhaps purchase a satchel of berries. However, his bag was not attached to his belt like it should have been. He quickly searched his surroundings, frantically looking for his bag. "Gansu! My nap-sack! My bag! It is gone! It must have been left in the forest somewhere along the road! Hurry, we must go back for it, it has all my coin and supplies!" He slapped Gansu on the back with his paw and took off on all fours back into the forest, down the road they came, only once turning around to shout a "hurry!" at his friend. By now his bag would probably have been picked up by a traveler, but maybe and hopefully it is still there.

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cytheria stood up and started walking along again. before stumbling over a bag. She picked it up and looked at it. She thought of looking inside of it, but decided that she would check it out when she took her next break. It undoubtedly held something useful, or at least that's what she figured a traveler's bag would have. Besides, she couldn't be sure that it wasn't bait for a trap. She searched her surroundings again quickly before quickly hopping into a tree, she was almost certain she heard something approaching.
Responding with nothing more than a grumble. He turns back to the elf merchant, "I'm su'ry! M'y fr'end is sometimes forgetful. Hol' on to that honey, I'll be bac" Realizing his friend had left his far in the dust, he attempts to sprint as far as he can, all in the name of spiked honey, is all he could keep in mind. His vision slowly getting more and more blurry, his sprint starts to look more like a fast paced limp. The monocle falls from his right eye further stressing his vision. He is nothing more than a blind, galloping ball of fur.

Friendly Prophet

Arctodus ran down the road as fast as he could, only stopping when he caught a whiff of the honey from his flask. He slowly came to a stop and paced around the area, sniffing everywhere for his bag. Unfortunately, his scent isn't what most bears is; he could not place the exact location of his bag. Growling, he muttered to himself, "I know it's around here somewhere..."
He pounded the ground with his paw in frustration, taking a deep breathe and then pausing to think on the situation. He clicked his claws on his belt where the bag usually took residence, trying to remember what he did last with it.

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Cytheria looked down at the bear below her. She pursed her lips thoughtfully, before coming to a decision. "OI, you there," She called out from her perch. "Are you looking for something or are you lost?" She asked, curiously. If he was an enemy,she would fight him, if he wasn't perhaps she could help him instead.
Finally reaching Arctodus but not realizing it's him, he bull runs Arctodus into the tree directly infront of the two. "AH! Cr'ap!" Blind, he tries his best to figure out what happened. He comes to the conclusion after sniff around and squinting to improve his vision. "HA! I found you thief! Hand me the bag you stole!" He roars in a drunken rage, pinning Arctodus to the tree. Absent sight and intoxicated leaves Gansu with very little intelligence and patience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff