Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Camillo
Getting the kids in was not the problem. Furthermore she was well aware enough of the rules and regulations to be able to falsify documents and exploit loopholes that ended up backfiring. This is all in the primary source. Why am I the retarded one here? Omorose, really, what do you think happened here?
Really? Then why did she falsify documents? 'Cause she just wanted to be a bad-a**?

Knew the rules and regulations? How much do you have to know to write a different address and other such information on a sheet of paper? We don't know which court papers she handled via her father, so we don't know how much legal knowhow she needed. Also, what loopholes?

Please bump my thread if my tank is glowing! Direct tank link. Thanks!

Hilarious Genius

Omorose Panya
Really? Then why did she falsify documents? 'Cause she just wanted to be a bad-a**?

Knew the rules and regulations? How much do you have to know to write a different address and other such information on a sheet of paper?

It's not like she smuggled her kids in, they're not illegal immigrants or some s**t. She knows as much about the process of enrolling a kid as any other parent at least, and as much as any administrative person at most because of her position as a teacher's aide that is training to be a teacher. If she doesn't have an apple for a heart and chalk for blood I'm going to just write whoever did this article personally and ask them why they made this story up.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Camillo
It's not like she smuggled her kids in, they're not illegal immigrants or some s**t. She knows as much about the process of enrolling a kid as any other parent at least, and as much as any administrative person at most because of her position as a teacher's aide that is training to be a teacher. If she doesn't have an apple for a heart and chalk for blood I'm going to just write whoever did this article personally and ask them why they made this story up.
Get back to me when you have something relevant to say. Preferably when you can keep up with the discussion.

Hilarious Genius

Omorose Panya
Camillo
Get back to me when you have something relevant to say. Preferably when you can keep up with the discussion.
Sweet, how about a real answer now? I mean seriously, it's not like this s**t requires the Rosetta stone to decode, Olya just Googled it up. Because from what I can tell from the two of you, you're both saying the same things I've been saying pages ago.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Camillo
Sweet, how about a real answer now? I mean seriously, it's not like this s**t requires the Rosetta stone to decode, Olya just Googled it up. Because from what I can tell from the two of you, you're both saying the same things I've been saying pages ago.
Answer to what? Why you're the retarded one?

Also, don't think I didn't realize that you changed the conversation. I want those citations.

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cendrillon Lafleur
Palm just hit my face.

I definitely do understand where you are coming from, at one point I would have been right along with you and the other black EDers, but you have to understand that in many circumstances blacks are shooting themselves in the foot even before they've given white people the opportunity of doing so by making themselves into helpless post-traumatic slaves and all whites into omnipotent oppressors, you have people talking about others should motivate them because they can't motivate themselves, that's the very definition of disengagement.
When you look at the world from that jaded perspective, where's the incentive to succeed or do anything constructive? My whole thing is, you make a better argument when you've tried and failed and than if you never tried at all because then your efforts will have spoken for themselves . When I look at the black community, I see a lot of black people not applying or trying , I should know because I was one of them. What does it say when black students feel they have a better chance at making it as a rapper or professional athlete than attending college? Imo, it tells me our priorities are in the wrong place.
ExodusNirvana
Cendrillon Lafleur
Palm just hit my face.

I definitely do understand where you are coming from, at one point I would have been right along with you and the other black EDers, but you have to understand that in many circumstances blacks are shooting themselves in the foot even before they've given white people the opportunity of doing so by making themselves into helpless post-traumatic slaves and all whites into omnipotent oppressors, you have people talking about others should motivate them because they can't motivate themselves, that's the very definition of disengagement.
When you look at the world from that jaded perspective, where's the incentive to succeed or do anything constructive? My whole thing is, you make a better argument when you've tried and failed and than if you never tried at all because then your efforts will have spoken for themselves . When I look at the black community, I see a lot of black people not applying or trying , I should know because I was one of them. What does it say when black students feel they have a better chance at making it as a rapper or professional athlete than attending college? Imo, it tells me our priorities are in the wrong place.

I'm a white guy. A lazy a** white guy, and I really, really dislike knowing that there are plenty of black people in this country smarter, more driven, and all around better people than me, who are likely to lose out to me in the labor market, or in life in general, all because of their race. That bothers me to an almost incalculable degree. The thought of people working phenomenally hard just to get into school all the while I coasted makes me feel like a worthless bum, and while I don't think laziness should be the norm, I do think that equal work should net equal treatment. I know I can do better, but I know black people shouldn't have to be three times my equal just to be societally better than me. That's bullshit.

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cendrillon Lafleur
I'm a white guy. A lazy a** white guy,

nuh uh!.. o.o really?
The law is the law, even when it is harsh....

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
though i understand she wants better for her kids, she broke the law. She should have requested a transfer and took it from there.
darkdragun05
though i understand she wants better for her kids, she broke the law. She should have requested a transfer and took it from there.

School wasn't open enrollment from what they've been saying on the news. If you don't live there you can't go.

GetDigital

Except They're mad because she doesn't pay income taxes to Copley Fairlawn which covers the kids, but the kids aren't SUPPOSED to be supported to that degree by income taxes. Of the 9k spent per child in Fairlawn, 7k comes out of income tax. Ohio Supreme Court has said such behavior was unconstitutional but it's still happening and is a source of conflict.

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Lady__Miko
darkdragun05

School wasn't open enrollment from what they've been saying on the news. If you don't live there you can't go.

GetDigital

Except They're mad because she doesn't pay income taxes to Copley Fairlawn which covers the kids, but the kids aren't SUPPOSED to be supported to that degree by income taxes. Of the 9k spent per child in Fairlawn, 7k comes out of income tax. Ohio Supreme Court has said such behavior was unconstitutional but it's still happening and is a source of conflict.

Yes and i agree with this. It is to prevent the school from being overcrowded. Many people say it isn't fair but how is it fair for one school to have more people in it then the rest putting a heavier burden on them. Not to mention it would be harder for school buses to pick up everyone.

Witty Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Neurocracy
She should not be allowed to smuggle her kids from one social strata to another. Next thing you know, black and Hispanic kids defile our finest neighborhoods with their gang violence and womanizing antics. It would be anarchy.

Please tell me your joking, please.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Vixianna
Arikame
Yeah, THAT'S the part that makes me most mad about reading this thread. I don't know whether people who keep saying that actually believe in their words, or if they're sticking their heads in the sand in the face of the real issue thinking "maybe it'll magically go away" or if they're thinking "well there's racism at work here but she broke the law so it's totally justified."

Probably a little of both. Some of it is, "Oh well dumb negro broke the law" and the other is "oh well we can't fix it" or some combination there in, where nothing actually gets fixed. Because GOD FORBID we fix social inequities instead of just victim blaming or passing the buck.
latreplyislateiknow And you'd think that someone would have the mind to say "hmm, welllll we've been doing that for years and it's gotten us nowhere closer to solving the source of the problems"
Makes me wish I could build a nation of my own and invite everyone who wishes, to settle there. But judging by some of the stuff i've read from the last few pages some people just refuse to "get it". Don't even want to read further back for fear of getting an aneurysm.

Arikame

Okay.. I imagined this in my head as an episode of The Boondocks, and then laughed till I cried.

Let's do it! heart
Vixianna

And we blast "this" out of the bus. Because Rap is for hoodlums. Just like Jazz,er, Swing(big band) er, rock er, wait whatever black music white mainstream hasn't appropriated yet. stare For real, stop stealing black cultural music and calling it your own and re-recording black songs to make it all look like white people made it. I'm getting tired of it as a musician. It's all bad music and signs of hoodlums and whores, until Robert and Susy dance to the "devil music" and their kids can't be hoodlums and whores so it's COOL now, and legitimate music.

READ A BOOK ********]
rofl Oh man, that song! But seriously, now i'm curious about that, like which songs exactly cause now I want to look them all up.
So, when a man is caught for embezzling millions of money, he gets no s**t for it, yet when this woman tries to send her children to a better school, all hell breaks loose, I don't get it.

I go to a shitty school near the Ghetto, predominately 89% of my classmates are black, even the teachers, with only a few of them of another race (one was from India). I know what it's like, hell, very few students there want to learn and instead talk about getting knocked up and having kids and smoking weed and whatnot. Not to stereotype anyone, but this is freaking ridiculous, not to mention I have to go to the school because it's in my district. Damn these rezoning crap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff