Welcome to Gaia! ::

At Klavier's signal to follow him, Miyu quickly filed him behind her new boss and followed him like she was his puppy.

Miyu makes a few notes while Jiro is talking and then looks up expectantly at Klavier afterwards for instructions on what to do next.

(( Oh my. It's been so long! ))
Klavier nodded as he listened, his eyes kept to the files as he skimmed through them.
"Well, it's going to be hard to prosecute without any hard evidence."
Though it was going to make his job harder, he inwardly sighed with relief, knowing that the evidence against Teddy wasn't as harsh as he had predicted.

This witness, though... he had an odd feeling about her.
He hadn't even laid eyes on her yet, he didn't even know her name, but he felt like her testimony would be hard to get through, especially if it was against his friend.

The prosecutor took a moment away from the files to take a peek at Miyu's notes, giving her a nod of approval that she was copying down the right things, then went back to the papers to finish skimming the report.

He sighed, looking at his watch. It was getting late, and going home was pointless now.
"I think I'll just take a cat nap in my office," he looked to Miyu, shrugging, "I'm not too sure where you might head off to, fraulein, but you're dismissed until the witness arrives in the morning. Stay in the area, ja?"

He yawned, nodding to Jiro that he was going to head off.
"If I'm not awake by 6:00am, feel free to get me up. We'll do coffee or something."

With that, he finished his yawn with a stretch and headed back to his office.

((This doesn't have to be a "LOL NEXT DAY NOW" post, I can do more posts before we move onto that. c: <3))

Lonely Elocutionist

(It's cool, I want to hurry to the next day since a TON of stuff is going to finally happen and we can all participate again, lol. Miyu will have something to do, and my strategy and more chars will be revealed.

I like how you put that though. xD 'LOL NEXT DAY NOW!' After we see what Miyu does whenever we get Sakura back, it'll lol be the next day. xD)

Jiro took off his glasses finally and rubbed one of his eyes, obviously tired. "I don't live too far away, so I'm going home. I haven't even had a chance to call my wife, I hope she's not mad... I'll be back in a few hours though, and I'll check with you as soon as I get here, Mr. Gavin."

He paused for a moment, staring at the floor with a deep sigh. For a moment it seemed like he was going to add something to that, but he just picked his head back up and headed down the hall to clock out instead.

Tomorrow was going to be a VERY long day...
(( Hey guys, I'm not exactly back at 100% functionality but... I don't wanna be the one to hold up the rp, so... Here I am. ))

Miyu opens her mouth to say something but then closes it again, deciding not to be any trouble on her first day of work. She sighed and stared at her new boss's back as he walked away towards his office.

*But.. I walked to work today.. I can't go home now..* Miyu sighed and walked towards the break room. *I hope no one minds if I just... hang around here for a while.* Miyu sits down at a table in the corner and takes out her cellphone. She sets an alarm for 5:50am and places her cell on the table next to her. She slumps forward in her chair, placing her arms on the table, then her head, and tried to take a little nap before her second day of work began.

(( Aww, poor Miyu. Afraid to walk the hard streets at night in a skirt so she naps in the break room. gonk ))

Lonely Elocutionist

(I hope you're ok Sakura. I miss you.

Lol, por Miyu, Jiro would have given her a ride...

I'm skipping to where Jiro comes in, you two can explain how you woke up and what you did in your posts, lol. Don't get too far without me though, I've got to guide a couple things and make a huge plot post soon, lol.)

About 6:30am, Jiro finally wandered back into the station. He had this horrible look on his face like the ghosts of Christmas visited him last night, or something. He didn't say a word to anyone, just wandered with his coffe to his office, appearing dazed. He didn't even drink the coffee, just held it. Once he reached his office he just stood there, stairing blankly for a moment, apparently trying to gather his thoughts. Finally he looked up and mumbled.

"Prosecutor.."

He remembered he had promised to check in with Klavier the night before. Still looking disturbed beyond all reason, he left his office again, heading for Klavier's.
((Sakuraaaaaaa. D:
lol, Klavier probably wouldn't have cared if she followed him. Oh well.))

Klavier didn't sleep well, not at all. He kept flipping through the case file, the forensics, replaying the details that Jiro had told him in his head.
He kept thinking of Teddy, if she was doing okay, how she got into this mess, and who would frame her.

"Ugh, I really should get some rest," he spoke to no one in particular, except for maybe the papers that he fingered through, "I'm going to have nightmares at this rate if I keep reading these."

He tossed the files onto his desk and reclined into his chair. It wasn't his bed, but it wasn't the most uncomfortable thing he could have been sleeping in. He closed his eyes and tried to go to sleep while his body and mind remained reluctant.
Grumbling to himself, he shifted a bit onto his side and got comfortable, slowly easing into the chair as his body's weight took over.

Soon enough, he was asleep.

A little before 6:00 came along, he stirred. Klavier opened his eyes slightly, the first thing he noticed being that he wasn't in his room.
Snapping up at the sudden unfamiliarity, he took a look around, remembering that he had fallen asleep in his office, which had remained unchanged from when he dozed off.

Once his initial concern for his whereabouts had calmed down, he slinked back into the chair, glancing at his watch.

5:34... so much for a good night's sleep.

...Maybe a few more minutes.
He closed his eyes again, knowing full well that he would not fall back to sleep.
BEEP BEEP. *What is that awful noise?* Miyu thought to herself, still half asleep. Her alarm clock didn't sound like that...

BEEP BEEP. This time she sat straight up, shocked awake. She sat up a bit too quickly though and her back made a loud cracking noise... From her sleeping in a slumped over position for a few hours. "Aaaagh...." She groaned and rubbed her back. BEEP BEEP. Miyu jumped at the sound of her cellphone's alarm clock again. She grumbles and quickly shuts it off and then stretches. *Well... it's 5:50am. I wonder if anyone's here yet..* Miyu got up, stretching again and went to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. (( Luckily, she carries a travel toothpaste and toothbrush kit around with her in her purse, since she hates bad breath after meals. )) When she was done freshening up, she walked down to Prosecutor Gavin's office.

Miyu stood in front of his door for a few minutes, indecisive. She didn't want to be the one to wake him up if he was still sleeping, at least he should get more sleep than she did. But what if he was already awake? Miyu sighed and decided to sit on the floor next to his door and wait. She took out her notebook and skimmed over the notes she'd taken earlier. After she was sure she'd committed the facts to her memory, she took out her pen and flipped to the last page in her notebook. She started to draw a picture of Klavier to pass the time and make sure she stayed awake. The last thing she wanted was to be caught sleeping outside his office.

(( Her picture's gonna look something like this, minus the blue coloring since she only has a pen. Miyu's good at drawing~ ))

Lonely Elocutionist

(You guys keep posting for one or two more, so you can catch time up to Jiro. : ) )
(( Klavvy should go next since Miyu's at 6am right now. He could like.. come out of his office. Or something. heart ))
((On it!))

Through he pseudosleep, Klavier heard some shuffling on the other side of his office door.
Opening his eyes, he yawned and stretched, still feeling the dead weight of his body as he slowly slumped out of his chair.
Apparently resting his eyes didn't count as actually resting for his body.

He looked at his watch.
6:00AM, on the dot. Can't get better than that.
Getting another yawn out, he headed toward the door.
Maybe some coffee will wake me up.

When he opened the door, the first thing he noticed was red.
Rubbing his eyes, his focus readjusted as he looked down to his newly appointed assistant on the floor.

"That's a nice little drawing you have there. Did you do it yourself?"
He chuckled.
Miyu had been admiring the picture she'd just finished drawing when she heard a familiar voice. The blood drained out of her face and a chill went down her spine. *No way. The one person I didn't want to see this picture...*

"U-Uh.." Miyu slowly lifted her head and looked up to see Klavier looking back down at her. Her face quickly went from pale to bright red. "U-Um.." She stared at him for a moment, too stunned to make complete sentences. *SNAP OUT OF IT AND SPEAK!* Miyu inwardly yelled at herself.

"Yes, sir. I just finished drawing it, actually. I-It's just a little doodle.. 'cause I was waiting and.. yeah." Miyu scrambled to stand up without flashing Klavier, since she was wearing a skirt and all. She dusted off the back of her skirt and readjusted her shirt, still holding her notebook and pen in her hands. "Good morning, sir~" Miyu said with a little bow in his direction.
He chuckled, watching her scramble to his sudden appearance.
The prosecutor leaned against the doorway as he waited for Miyu to straighten herself up before he spoke again.

"Well, it was quite lovely. I'm sorry that I kept you waiting," he decided not to speak too much of the drawing or tease her too much about it. Maybe it was because he was tired, but he also didn't want to make his new coworker too uncomfortable.
He yawned and scratched at his head. His hair was still a bit of a mess, but he could clean himself up once he woke up a bit more.

"So, have you had breakfast yet?"
*Gosh... Even when he first wakes up, he's still so pretty.* Miyu smiled at Klavier. *W-What the hell am I thinking?! No! Bad Miyu!* She cleared her throat and said, "Ah, actually no, I haven't had any yet. I pretty much just woke up a couple of minutes ago." Miyu laughed nervously. *Probably shouldn't tell him that I slept in the break room...'Cause that'll sound pathetic as hell.*

Lonely Elocutionist

Jiro still looked like a zombie as he came up the hall. He heard their voices first, then saw them standing outside Klavier's office, both looking slightly disheveled. He still looked worst, with that horrified look on his face.

He just sort of stood in front of them for a moment and blinked creepily before actually speaking. "You're up." He pointed out profoundly.

Apparently he wasn't going to voluteer to explain what was causing his weirdness, so somebody was going to have to ask. Assuming he could formulate a response in this condition...
"No? Well, maybe we can get a bite to eat before we have to start the day. I know a great little cafe down the--"
Klavier's voice stopped in it's tracks as Jiro approached. He smiled, about to open his mouth to invite the detective to join them but it seemed like the man had beaten him to speaking first.

"I'm... up?" His smile faltered.
The prosecutor blinked in confusion. Maybe he needed his coffee more than he thought.
"I... Herr detective, are you alright?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces