Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

15,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Hi, a lot of you don't know who I am and that's ok with me.

My name is Yume and I have something to tell you all about.

about a week ago someone on FF.Net told me about a group of people reporting stories that as they put it not folling the TOS and they use an illegel program call RedBootton, they believe that if they do this they are saving people from reading stories that are bad; but they aren't they want to wipe out these stories and take over FF.Net so when they wipe out all of the stories they can do what the mods do here on Gaia, and I believe they might come here next. I want to know if you want to help us stop them... the group who is doing this is Literate Union.

RedBootton is actually a program that was designed by Lord Kelvin and is used by various members of Literate Union. Redbootton appears to be capable of accessing Ffnet and searching stories or summaries for either key words or patterns of grammar and then creating a list of the stories that are “in violation of ToS” it then mass reports these stories until the stories are either removed by the author or mods. The members of LU don't even scan over the list before executing the report portion of the program.

I wanted to warn you all about this so that you can be safe... If you have a FF.Net acount note Eve Ride or go to the BlueRebels form on FF.Net

Thank you and have a nice day...

Shameless Cat

█████████
That sucks D:

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
I had an account there long ago but I quite due to personal problems but I don't think that will happen here.
This is not Gaia-related, so it's not only in the wrong forum... it's on the wrong website.

Also, I don't think we're in much danger as Lord Kelvin died in 1907. Therefore, any software he developed is probably obsolete and not very dangerous.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I read about this on Fandom Wank:

http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1257696.html

It's pretty awful. Luckily none of my stories have been affected, but if they ever go into the Gaia section I wonder if I'd get reported for my PG-13 NPC slashfics.

3,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Heh~

Yume Moto

about a week ago someone on FF.Net told me about a group of people reporting stories that as they put it not folling the TOS and they use an illegel program call RedBootton, they believe that if they do this they are saving people from reading stories that are bad; but they aren't they want to wipe out these stories and take over FF.Net so when they wipe out all of the stories they can do what the mods do here on Gaia, and I believe they might come here next. I want to know if you want to help us stop them... the group who is doing this is Literate Union.

You're terribly misinformed. The LU could've careless about Gaia. They don't care if people want to read terrible, rule breaking stories, just please, don't post it FFNet.

Quote:

RedBootton is actually a program that was designed by Lord Kelvin and is used by various members of Literate Union. Redbootton appears to be capable of accessing Ffnet and searching stories or summaries for either key words or patterns of grammar and then creating a list of the stories that are “in violation of ToS” it then mass reports these stories until the stories are either removed by the author or mods. The members of LU don't even scan over the list before executing the report portion of the program.

Redbootton is available for public use. Even you can use it if you want.

That last sentence is absolute lie. Prove: http://georgasaurus.livejournal.com/6261.html

Quote:

I wanted to warn you all about this so that you can be safe... If you have a FF.Net acount note Eve Ride or go to the BlueRebels form on FF.Net

No, you're trying to gain the masses from this site. Why? Not enough sympathizers from the FFNet itself?

Quote:

Have a nice day yourself. Next time you want to post controversial topic, make sure you do your research first.
pureevilbreed
Heh~

Yume Moto

You're terribly misinformed. The LU could've careless about Gaia. They don't care if people want to read terrible, rule breaking stories, just please, don't post it FFNet.

Quote:

Redbootton is available for public use. Even you can use it if you want.

That last sentence is absolute lie. Prove: http://georgasaurus.livejournal.com/6261.html

Quote:

No, you're trying to gain the masses from this site. Why? Not enough sympathizers from the FFNet itself?

Quote:

Have a nice day yourself. Next time you want to post controversial topic, make sure you do your research first.

/pokes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces