Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd like to compile a list of the top ten video game characters that have died heroically or unexpectedly in popular game titles. This list is for those that their deaths actually meant something to you, or changed how you viewed the game or saddened you in any way.

If there is any character that you think fits this description, put them down along with what game they're from, and a brief description as to why you think they fit this category. In time, I'll put the most popular and add them to my list. Let me know what you think!

PS: For those who know what this means, this list is for Bill.

4,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I really was impacted by the death of "Dog" in fable 2. I couldn't believe i lost my precious doggie! I loved him..... Alas, the good always need to pay a big price for being noble.
Mother 3.

'Nuff said.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Isara Gunther in Valkyria Chronicles

There was a girl in the squad (Rosie) who hated Isara just for being a Darcsen. Eventually, a little girl Darcsen died, and Rosie felt like crap after that incident. Later on, she and Isara had a moment after a battle, and they were talking ready to make up. Rosie I believe was asking how to forgive her, and Isara wanted to hear Rosie sing. As they were ready to shake hands and truce, Isara was shot in the back by an enemy. Next scene later, the squad was at Isara's funeral. At this moment, Rosie ended up holding to her words, and sang a very sad song to Isara's grave.

I started crying just typing that up. >_>
Minak0: OH YEAH.

Oh man, that was insane.

Friendly Explorer

Aeris in FF7. Yes I know this is cliche and that everyone is sick of hearing about it, but to me this was the first time I ever heard about a character that you had been building up and putting effort into that was simply taken away from you. That's it, gone.

Also the death of Luis in Resident Evil 4. Just because it was like, BAM! He's dead!

Rahknam in Skies of Arcadia Legends. Closest I've ever come to crying about a video game character.

5,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Commander Shepard dying at the start of ME2.Yeah,he gets re-created,but seriously,your awesome character that you went through ME1 with just dies from the oxygen tank breaking and flies down onto a planet.Plus,the Normandy gets freaking owned,so that adds even more sadness.

Highlight above and possible spoilers for people who haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet.

Man-Hungry Werewolf

my very hard hardcore character in torchlight on the last boss in the storyline dungeon

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Most impacting?

When any of your party members die in the Baldur's Gate Series, its just so sad... or freaking hilarious depending if your good or evil.

"And the mad wizard falls!" is one of the funny lines one of the evil party members would say.. in retrospect to his evil wizard friend..

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
KaosHunter
Aeris in FF7. Yes I know this is cliche and that everyone is sick of hearing about it, but to me this was the first time I ever heard about a character that you had been building up and putting effort into that was simply taken away from you. That's it, gone.

Also the death of Luis in Resident Evil 4. Just because it was like, BAM! He's dead!

Rahknam in Skies of Arcadia Legends. Closest I've ever come to crying about a video game character.

Skies of Arcadia?.... OH that...

I have yet to see a game top the Death of Aeris in Final Fantasy 7. It was a brilliant plot point.
FF7 aeris i think her name was.
Zack Fair.

5,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Idk. When Tidus... Well he didn't really die, but he disapeared.... left, it kinda pissed me off and made me a bit sad that all that work went down the drain. But I was happy when I figured out he comes back in X2.

Friendly Millionaire

Pacman dying it so sad crying

Fated Paladin

Nei in Phantasy Star II. I've known since I was three from watching my dad play that Nei was going die. Years later when I finally played far enough to see her get killed, I still felt horribly sad despite knowing what would happen for most of my life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff