Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Erros

Erros had never seen tactics like this before. The Poliwag had created a barrier with Bubble. With the distance that the Poliwag had created though, Heracross could easily dodge it's Water Gun attack.

"Alright good job Heracross, now use Aerial Ace!" Heracross yet again made a pass at Poliwag. The air field that was around it blasted through the bubble barrier and he continued towards Poliwag.

User Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki watched the battle intently, holding her piplup tighter. It squirmed uncomfortably, trying to escape its owner's death grip. She let up a little when she realized what she was doing, but didn't look away from the battle for a moment. "Oh no, Poliwag! Those bubbles won't do much!" She shouted to herself by accident. She thought it was all in her head so she continued yelling things and pointing out the obvious. Maki had watched battles before but never this close up.
User Image

Asieth watched as Heracross charged through the bubble barrier and slammed into Poliwag. There was no avoiding the attack. Poliwag was once more sent flying by the foe's attack. It was clear to see that Poliwag was wearing down quick. 'Hmm. Poliwag's going to lose at this rate. We have to try something else. But first thing's first...' Asieth looked over at his injured friend.

"Reset button!" he shouted happily. Poliwag smiled at his trainer's command. Waves of yellow were emitted form Poliwag's stomach. It wasn't long before Heracross began reeling and fell over, fast asleep from Poliwag's Hypnosis. Seeing his foe's condition, Poliwag immediately curled up and fell fast asleep, slowly regaining health through the power of Rest.

'It just has to stay asleep long enough for Poliwag to gain back some energy. Then we can show it our special secret weapon.'

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Erros

"Heracross! Return!" A blinding red light engulfed Heracross and he returned into his Pokeball. Erros glanced at Squirtle. Without hesitation, Squirtle leapt into the air and withdrew into his shell, moving like a bullet through space at Poliwag.

"You may have a few tricks Asieth, but me and Squirtle have been together for a very long time. You can't beat a bond like that. Now have a taste of Withdraw and Rapid Spin!

User Image

User Image

Poliwag skidded along the ground before landing at its trainer's feet. Asieth stared at it for a few seconds before saying, "Oh yeah. I forgot you could do that. Well, damn." Asieth took off his backpack, and propped Poliwag up against it, allowing him to use it as a pillow. "You did good pal. If you'd used your secret weapon you would've won for sure. My stupid mistake's the only reason you lost. Heh. But hey, live and learn, right?"

He grabbed the second Pokeball off of his belt. "Now, let's see my mystery Pokemon, shall we?" He hurled the Pokeball onto the battlefield, and out burst a small creature with a round, brown body. On its head sat what looked like a little gray cap. After looking at it for a few seconds he realized it greatly resembled an acorn. He took out his Pokedex and discovered its name to be Seedot. A cursory glance over its attack list was all he needed.

"This one sounds fun. Seedot! Use Nature Power!" The small Pokemon seemed to gather energy from energy from the surrounding building. Finally the energy converged into a trio of triangles, one blue, one red, and one yellow. They then sailed towards the opposing Pokemon, spiraling as they went.

User ImageUser Image

User Image
Erros

"NO!"

Erros's mind went back to the fight at Vermilion Gym. His Diglett had used Dig, the victory was certain, until everything went wrong.

"Raichu! Follow it down!"

The Raichu had went into the Tunnel and dragged the poor Diglett above the ground, its greatest weakness. Erros watched in awe as the Raichu beat his Pokemon down within an inch of its life.

Erros snapped back into reality and bolted towards his Squirtle. He wasn't going to let another partner get hurt because of his stubbornness and thirst to win. He tackled Squirtle down, the Tri Attack missing it, but Erros's pant leg caught fire. He quickly batted it out and stood up.

"I forfeit the match. I know when I have lost and will not push my Pokemon so much that they get hurt. You have a great handle on your Pokemon even though you have spent little time with them. I look forward to a rematch when we are both stronger, Asieth."

User Image

User Image

Asieth had been surprised by the power of the attack. Wasn't Tri Attack was a really high level move? How had this little guy pulled it off? And didn't he tell it to use that Nature Power attack? Did it ignore his commands? He shook his head. Too many questions. Too annoying to try and figure out the answering. What mattered was what was in front of him. His opponent had conceded. He had won his first match. He happily ran over and scooped up his Seedot giving it a big hug before returning it to its resting place. "Good job little guy. A great first battle!"

"That was a lot of fun! Thanks for an awesome fight Erros! Your Pokemon are really strong." His mind was moving a mile a minute, thinking of all the things that awaited him. New friends, new and powerful opponents. He couldn't wait. He wanted to rush out the door and run all the way to the next town right now. 'First thing's first though. Poliwag and Seedot need another round in that healing machine.'

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki and piplup were really getting into the battle. They both let out a gasp of shock when Erros shielded the attack towards his squirtle. Maki though back to what Professor Rowen had said about pokemon and trainers having 'bond.' She sighed and looked down at the piplup in her arms, then back at the trainer. "A bond, huh...?" She let out a sigh and walked over to Erros. "Hey, are you alright? That was pretty reckless. Your lucky your pant leg was the only thing that caught fire," she told him, her eyes filled with worry for both the boy and his squirtle.

User Image
Erros

Erros was in a daze. Thoughts of his Diglett and the notion that his Squirtle almost suffered a similar fate ate away at him. He almost didn't realize that a girl was standing in front of him talking.

"Oh, yeah, I suppose it was kind of reckless, but I saw the electric attack coming at him" He stared down at Squirtle, rubbing its head."We've been through a lot and I can't risk losing being around him all the time like my...Diglett" His voice croaked saying its name. "He got hurt real bad a few years back by a gym leader where I'm from...and he has trouble..moving around now" Erros let out a tear now.

He looked up at the girl."Your Pokemon are living, breathing beings. Don't let a horrific event make you realize that your Pokemon need love like I had to. Plain and simple. What is that Pokemon you have there? Erros looked at the Penguin like Pokemon near her. Squirtle walked over and started talking to it.

User Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki listened to Erros, her eyes watering up. She looked down at her piplup and sighed. "Oh, I-I'm so sorry. But, your diglett...it's okay, right?" The piplup looked up at her with a worried look, but was soon distracted by the squirtle. Maki let the penguin go, figuring the other pokemon would distract it enough to keep it from running. "I guess sometimes...people forget that pokemon can actually feel pain." She suddenly felt guilty for all the times she'd watched a battle and became excited when the loser's pokemon was unconscious on the ground.

Then she snapped back to reality. "Oh, that's my piplup. I just got it yesterday so we aren't nearly as close as you and your squirtle. My name is Maki, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you," she said with a smile as she held out her hand. Then she looked over at the boy named Asieth. He was shorter then Erros but his personality sure didn't show it. "And congrats on the win. Although, I was kind of hoping your poliwag would pull through," she said with a slight giggle.
User Image

Asieth smiled back at Maki. "Heh, he probably would've if I hadn't screwed up. Still not used to battling that much and it never occurred to me that he might switch out. But hey, every defeat is just one more lesson learned, right? He'll win out next time, I'm sure." Asieth glanced back over at Poliwag.

"Little guy went through a lot today for sure. But I can tell he had fun from that contented little smile on his face. And that's what its all about, right?"

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
Maki giggled a little and crouched down to pet the little poliwag. "You did a great job today, little one," she said, speaking as if it were a human child. "Ever since I was a child I've had a fascination with water pokemon...well I shouldn't say that, really. Both my father and uncle were water trainers so it only seemed natural that I would become one." She stood and looked down at her piplup. "That's why I chose piplup here. Didn't realize it would have such a naughty nature." Maki sighed and shrugged. "Oh well. Nothing else I can do now I suppose."

Then she turned back to the two trainers with a smile on her face. "So where are you from anyway? Your pokemon aren't exactly all that common in Sinnoh," she said with a smile.

User Image
Erros

"Erros. Nice to meet you."He shook the girl's hand.

" My Diglett. Well, he...can't move through the hard ground. Diglett plays around a lot now in the mud, but he tires quickly. I have a friend of mine looking after him while I compete in the Sinnoh League.

Squirtle had ran back to Erros and they shared a brief silent moment. Erros looked at the Piplup, studying it.

"For your Piplup, I suggest having a few of what I like to call 'confidence battles' to boost its confidence in you. Fight some Geodudes or other Pokemon that it's strong against. I would also capture the Pokemon, since leaving the injured Pokemon in the wild is very inhumane, and it will also benefit Rowan's research as well I'm sure" He smiled at Maki.

"I'm from Vermillion City, Kanto"

User Image

User Image

"I'm from Kanto too. Well, Sinnoh first, but then I went to Kanto, and then I came back here. I lived in a place called Fuchsia City. Really cool city, being right on the water and everything. And then there's the Safari Zone." His eye twinkled as went over all of his memories of the place in his mind. "That's where I spent almost all my time when I lived there. And its also where Poliwag's from."

User ImageUser Image

Friendly Fatcat

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Flatterer 200
"Kanto? Oh, I've always wanted to go there! I love traveling." Maki smiled and picked up her piplup. "I guess I could go train Piplup some...My original plan was to go capture some pokemon over at Lake Verity but then I found Rin and Hayake along the way. They needed directions to Rowen's lab so now I'm a little behind schedule...as usual..." She sighed at her goody-two-shoes like personality, wishing she could just say 'no' at least once in her life. The self-pity seemed to add a weight to her shoulders, causing her to sigh more.

"Piplup! Pip-piplup!" The small penguin struggled its way out of Maki's arms and looked up at her with what seemed to be an irritated expression. As if it was telling her to 'knock it off.'

"P-piplup? What's wrong?" She blinked a couple times, slightly confused.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff