Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
I want to post my art up and make oy own website, but I'm worried people will theif it. So how do I claim it as my own? Like, you know how some people but their signature across their art, and it's kind of see through. I wanted to do something like that with mine.

Are there other suggestions as to how I can signify the drawings belong to me and that no one can steal it. If you do this, could you tell me how?

Thanks in advance biggrin

Tipsy Codger

why would you want to ruin your art with a bunch of ugly watermarks?

The only people you REALLY have to worry about taking your art are businesses that might try and sell your stuff on shirts or something without your knowledge. That's usually easy to fix with some simple emailing as that's generally a case of miscommunication or them employing a shady graphics designer (who will probably get fired).

If you're worried about 13 year olds claiming your art as your own, don't be. Anyone with an ounce of brain can tell that that's not their art.

Also, this is the wrong forum for this. This is a forum for discussing the creation of comics. Unless you are thinking about slapping some huge watermarks up over a comic page. That thought makes me frown so hard.

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
You could always put the watermark in an inconspicuous area, or better yet, just sign it with your unique signature. It's less abrasive and it deters most art thieves. Keeping the size of your art small (600 pixels or less in any width) also makes it harder for thieves to remove the watermark, but you sacrifice its readability.

...that is, if you were making a comic. With text.

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
@ Crow Jane

Sorry...I guess this is the wrong forum. But I get what you mean. I didn't like that idea much either but I thought it was the best way. Thanks though. smile

@ Kupocake

Yeah I was thinking of just putting siggies. Thank youuu smile
Well, I keep theft down by cursing every piece of artwork I do so that those that would steal it have their fingers fall off. It's worked out pretty well thus far.
KayJKay
Well, I keep theft down by cursing every piece of artwork I do so that those that would steal it have their fingers fall off. It's worked out pretty well thus far.

I think that's part of the new embed-metadata features in CS5.
iianbe
KayJKay

I think that's part of the new embed-metadata features in CS5.

One more reason to upgrade. Do they offer an "explosive diarrhea" option, or is it limited to fingers falling off?
You care too much about the wrong things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff