Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, well, I'm redecorating my room. Its going to be really awesome. I've already ordered my new bed, mattress, etc. But I'm just wondering: Would you consider it copying if I got some things similar to one of my friends? My friend has black comforter, and I'm getting a black comforter. She has glass shelves, I'm getting glass shelves. My grandma wanted to get someone to build a bench/drawer thing in my room, and shes got a bench thing. But the thing is, nothing looks like hers... well other than the comforter, but I was only getting it because 1) that color would go nice with my room. 2) her comforter is extremely comfortable.
Well anyway, my room, whether or not we'll have some of the same things in different styles and colors, it'll look different. I just really wouldn't want her to get mad at me for copying, so I was wondering if you would consider it copying, even though it would look different?

Also, does anyone have some other decoration ideas? Posters? Or is that cheesy?
Thanks. And no rude comments please.
You have the wrong forums, this is for real life fashion & style, as in clothing, make up, hair, etc. smile
Hm, I dunno, I guess it's kind of... house fashion and style? O_o

Anyway

If she's your friend, she shouldn't really care? If anything, she can give you tips on how to make your room look nice since obviously her room looks nice. Break up the similar things with unique things, or dress up the similar things to look different. For example, throw a colorful blanket on the comforter, put cloth drapery on the glass shelves or paint them or just arrange your stuff differently on them.

My decorating suggestion would be creative lighting. Lights can really make a difference.

Dapper Conversationalist

xCassie Bonesx
You have the wrong forums, this is for real life fashion & style, as in clothing, make up, hair, etc. smile
Style comes in many forms. I think this is perfectly appropriate.

You know your friend, we don't. Is she the sort of person who would be flattered or annoyed? Either way, it shouldn't be a big deal. What colour is your room? Why do you think the black duvet would work so well?

Also, there's nothing wrong with posters if you're under 40, and even sometimes if you aren't. That's my new rule.
whateverfloats
xCassie Bonesx
Style comes in many forms. I think this is perfectly appropriate.

I'm just saying, this is mostly for clothing, hair, & such.
Gaia should probably make a home decor sub-forum though, or put this kind of thing in the general lifestyle area or something.

Either way, who cares what your friend says?
Your room should reflect things you like & your personality, if it happens to be some of the same things she likes then oh well.
smile

Beau

interior design is an art. And like many other arts, learning from example is an excellent way to develop skill and technique, vision, and ultimately your own unique style.

Do your room however you want, it's not like you showed up to the prom in the same dress as her simply to spite her. I think most people would feel flattered to know that someone liked their sense of decor enough to mimic it.
Cassie is right, this really doesn't belong here =/

From the rules.
The Admin
Real Life Fashion & Style Forum Rules and Guidelines

Welcome to the Real Life Fashion & Style forum! Real Life Fashion and Style (F&S) is intended for fashion and appearance related topics. Ranging from the latest trends right off the runway to advice about your hair and makeup, this is the forum to discuss it in!

Clearly about clothes and hair...
The Admin
Rules & Guidelines for Posting in Real Life Fashion & Style

Threads that Belong in This Forum

• Contemporary fashions/Subcultures

• Traditional/Cultural fashions

• Designers

• Careers in fashion & make-up

• Shows & conventions

• Make-up brands & tips

• Hair styling, trends, and products

• Tutorial-type threads

It's only copying if the inspiration doesn't come from yourself.
If you have enough of your own personality, it will never come across as 'copying'.

And if you're friend thinks you are, who cares?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff