Welcome to Gaia! ::

Halloween is upon us!
Pulling an all nighter tonight? This thread is for you.

With one more day until the most anticipated time of the year, I present to you the Unofficial Halloween Discussion and Activity thread! Here we have extensive discussion on Halloweens past while doing everything possible to get ourselves more excited for the 23rd!

What are you doing to prepare for tomorrow? Some Gaiains are reading the manga, others throwing pre-Halloween parties (and most of us are probably putting final touches on our Halloween costumes) We haven't been hand few pre-Halloween updates this year, so the job is up to us.

Here we share the Halloween spirit! Let us hear some of your favorite Halloween experiences, speculate as to what this Halloween entails, and discuss Halloweens past.

Halloween 2008, what we know...
This Halloween is "elf" related.
Whether that be elf (as in dark elves and the Kuro Gang) or E.L.F. (robot related) and not elftechs.
This Halloween is not werewolf or Gambino oriented.
-Gasp- Not Gambino related? Is that allowed!?
This Halloween will feature a forum game (not flash) like years past.
Wonderful! Who do we shoot?
It will be kicked off by a fortune-teller's strange prophecy.
Fortune teller? Sounds like a Dark Elf or Gypsy to me (Nicu?)

Compared to years past, that's not a lot! It sounds like we'll be surprised this year.

So come! Discuss, celebrate, share camp fire stories! We need some plot worms in here to over analyze the plot and conspiracy theorists to keep us on our feet!

This discussion thread will be featured until the event starts! Come and join in the Halloween Spirit! See tips and challenges for enjoying this Halloween in the post bellow.
Halloween tips and challenges.
How to make the most of your Halloween experience.

Challenge 1, read the old plot manga!
There's no better way to get excited for the next event! Go to the World tab and click on story line. We have all of the Halloween related manga listed, but you should read all of them to get a full feel for the story.
Halloween 2k4 (G-Corp and Zombies): Chapter 0
Halloween 2k5 (Gino and Grunnies): Chapters 2-5
Halloween 2k6 (Zurg Invasion): Chapters 12-17
Halloween 2k7 (VonHelsons and Vampires) Chapters 18-21

Challenge 2, Gaia's First Halloween! The 2004 G Corp Event.
While there were Halloween activities for 2003, 2004 was Gaia's first Halloween event. It introduced G-Corp and Gambino and kicked off the insane story line that we have today.
Instead of manga, H2k4 had a Guild that gave hints and clues to what would happen for Halloween. The guild was G-Corp, follow this link to read the Labtech Journals. It takes awhile but it's worth it.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=1736
(Note, if you put one of their names into the "search post" you can see how the zombie invasion started)

Challenge 3, Go get a Halloween Costume! What are you waiting for? Go find yourself a creative Halloween costume and show it off here! This years event is featuring a Halloween Avi contest, it would be a shame if you didn't enter!

Tip 1: Nothing is set in stone, how to avoid being disappointed.
Every year hundreds of Gaians are disappointed in the event. Why? Because they set their expectations too high! Did somebody tell you that we're getting 2004 zombie skins or a re-release of the G-Corp event? Be open minded! Because when the 23rd roles around and the Dark Elf skins or Gcorp doesn't show up, you'll find yourself upset and angry at the event. Anything can happen!

Tip 2: Don't burn through the event! Take time to enjoy it.
While most Gaians are obsessed with getting items as quickly as possible, this event is going on from the 23rd to the 31st. If you do everything in the first two hours you'll find yourself cheated. Find ways to space out your time to enjoy this Halloween! Examples: Plan to attend a Halloween party, enter a cosume contest, try to beat your friend score on the Board Game.

Tip 3: Trick o' Treating Hystaria!
Every year our favorite NPC, Jack (the Pumpkin King) shows up to trade us items for our candy. This is done by either going to the shops to trick o' treat from the shop owners, or going to towns and trick o' treating at 100 houses.
Fact - If you are among the first to put the Jack items up on the market, you're bound to make a lot of gold.
Tip - Get a timer for store trick o treating! You can usually get candy from a new store every 1.5 to 2.5 minutes! For efficient trick o treating, keep track of time and go to the next store when your timer goes off!
Legend - A few Halloweens ago Jack gave out pants. A lot of pants. Trick o' Treating usually has a few glitches in the beggining, so be patient.

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
The G-Corp event wouldn't be the G-Corp event without the Labtech Journals. XD

But yeah, I've got a timer on my homepage counting down to about noon (PST), which is 3:00 EST.

That's in about 21 Hours and 56 minutes. Exciting huh? XD
Cube B
The G-Corp event wouldn't be the G-Corp event without the Labtech Journals. XD

But yeah, I've got a timer on my homepage counting down to about noon (PST), which is 3:00 EST.

That's in about 21 Hours and 56 minutes. Exciting huh? XD
Very. I'm going to have a hard time keeping my composure with Halloween this close.

That timer is a good idea, maybe we can find an E-Timer to attach to the thread. Of course we never know when the event will start. It kicked off around 4:00 Gaia time last year, yes? Usually it's at night time, maybe they'll be kind and give us a heads up.

I do miss the G-Corp Journal events, I am reading them right now.

Update: Halloween Tips added to the second post. Currently working on challenges.

Barton Sweetheart

I’m going to be very lazy and put what I put in another thread asking about the Fortune teller (only edited to fit in better you understand. Please excuse me if you've read this already.)

The fortune teller who’s to not say that it is Cordell? As she says she has a talent she can see people for what they really are, who’s to say this doesn’t mean she can tell the future as well.

If we also look at thing’s another way we have both the centaur skin and both the imp skins the only skins we never got was the Orc’s and the Dark Elves, seeing how Gaia tends to give skins out at Halloween for event it could make sense that it’ll be Bob or one of the Dark Elves that got named.

Also if my memory is right someone once said that the Durem comic strip could be carried on therefore it’s a Dark Elf and my money goes on one of those three ( Faris, Don Kuro and Cordell)

Needless to say I’m looking forward to this event as it’s my first Halloween event here on Gaia.

Heroic Warrior

Wow that sure snuck up on us didn't it! User Image

I can't wait to see what some of the cool items and events they have instore for us this year!

Dapper Genius

4,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Avis Pandora

It will be kicked off by a fortune-teller's strange prophecy.
Fortune teller? Sounds like a Dark Elf or Gypsy to me (Nicu?)

Just wanted to let you know that Nicu is no longer a "gypsy" as it was deemed a racial slur. There was a whole big thing about it in the petitions forum ^^; (and as quite a few people take offense to that term, you may want to consider removing it).

But I'm super excited about Halloween this year, as should everyone else be! I can't wait to see what's in store.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Where did you get your information for your "what we know" section?
Woot! Can't wait until tomorrow! :3
This thread is making me feel excited, I think I'll stick around for a while. xD You know what I'd like to do again? Hunt for Jack on the map. Made you feel like you really earned the item. xd
I'm not even interested anymore because I'm thinking that it's going to end up like last year's event.

That may sound like crap to you guys, but that's just my opinion.

Barton Sweetheart

Bribble

Various stuff picked up from Staff journals and ask the admin and no doubt the old, looking round the site. It’s amazing what you can find sometimes.
Bribble
From the "Ask the Admin" threads of this month. Lanzer has been a good Gaian and has been very brief. Last year he said things like we'll be getting multiple skins and gave a myriad of other answers that never came true.
Note: there's other information out there, I only put the things that were confirmed for this Halloween.

Metafour: What did you find wrong with last years event, if you don't mind me asking?
Metafour
I'm not even interested anymore because I'm thinking that it's going to end up like last year's event.

And you're entitled to it. 3nodding I had a blast last year though, though there was no real conclusion. x.x
Gloria Kyrie
Metafour

And you're entitled to it. 3nodding I had a blast last year though, though there was no real conclusion. x.x

That's what I had a problem with.

....I would expand on why I think like that, but I really don't have the energy right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff