Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Gold!

+1 1 100.0% [ 37 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]

Kyuui Kiwi
sakari_paradox
User Image

Haha well like I said I'm like "Well crap. I mean, I have those things too." But then the other part of me is like "Okay, well everyone has a little bit everything." That and I'm just stubborn and lazy to do anything about it.

Tell me how it goes, though I'm sure you already will without me asking xp
Yeah, and that's always the issue with mental health; there's always a part of you that goes, "But maybe I'm just really a lazy and unmotivated person." But that doesn't make sense, because if you actually were a lazy and unmotivated person, you wouldn't worry about it, you know? You only worry if you care. So it actually makes more sense that the way your brain is wired, and the way your body responds to things, are preventing you from doing something, because if all you had to do in order to get things done was want it to happen, I would be a best-selling writer/singer/songwriter/graphic designer/doctor/Supreme Court Justice.

But as it stands, I can't even fold the remaining half of my laundry that's been sitting in my basket, even though I want to, or that if someone tells me to do something and I don't do it immediately, I'll forget about it. It's moronic that I just can't. And I know what it sounds like, and I know what it looks like, but it's not that I'm unmotivated or lazy. And that's what makes me think that I might have it.

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
Kyuui Kiwi
sakari_paradox
User Image

Haha well like I said I'm like "Well crap. I mean, I have those things too." But then the other part of me is like "Okay, well everyone has a little bit everything." That and I'm just stubborn and lazy to do anything about it.

Tell me how it goes, though I'm sure you already will without me asking xp
Yeah, and that's always the issue with mental health; there's always a part of you that goes, "But maybe I'm just really a lazy and unmotivated person." But that doesn't make sense, because if you actually were a lazy and unmotivated person, you wouldn't worry about it, you know? You only worry if you care. So it actually makes more sense that the way your brain is wired, and the way your body responds to things, are preventing you from doing something, because if all you had to do in order to get things done was want it to happen, I would be a best-selling writer/singer/songwriter/graphic designer/doctor/Supreme Court Justice.

But as it stands, I can't even fold the remaining half of my laundry that's been sitting in my basket, even though I want to, or that if someone tells me to do something and I don't do it immediately, I'll forget about it. It's moronic that I just can't. And I know what it sounds like, and I know what it looks like, but it's not that I'm unmotivated or lazy. And that's what makes me think that I might have it.
User Image

Bahaha that last sentence. xD

Hm, yeah I get that feeling too :/ Its like, I WANT to sit down and focus on this, but then its like where do I begin? Then I panic, and I distract myself because I don't want to deal with it. There have been times when I try to work and my mind decides to physically give me a headache because so much of me doesn't want to process information lol.
Kyuui Kiwi
User Image

Bahaha that last sentence. xD

Hm, yeah I get that feeling too :/ Its like, I WANT to sit down and focus on this, but then its like where do I begin? Then I panic, and I distract myself because I don't want to deal with it. There have been times when I try to work and my mind decides to physically give me a headache because so much of me doesn't want to process information lol.
Yeah, exactly. I think there's something about ADHD that makes it hard to filter out irrelevant stimuli, so you're constantly overloaded with details that should be meaningless, but aren't. I'm forever putting way too much detail in emails and stuff when I'm responding to people that doesn't need to be there, just because I think, "Well, what if it's important?" I had a hard time with the "find the main sentence" stuff in elementary school. I'm better at it now, I think, just from hours and hours of LSAT practice, but damn. xD

And then there's the whole, "I have a lot of ideas, but they're running too quickly through my head for me to catch them." It's a pain when you're trying to sleep and your brain keeps flitting from thought to thought, or when you're trying to start something and there's so many things that you could do that you don't even know where to begin. It sucks when I'm trying to write something, because then I think, "Wait, I had a really good idea like ten seconds ago," and then it disappears and I'm paralyzed. It's not lack of ideas. It's too much!

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
User Image

Don't think I necessarily have that problem. When writing papers though, I just put everything that runs into my head because why the hell not. Add more to the paper XD. I do understand all the thoughts and you're just trying to retain it all.

I kind of love just sitting around sometimes, literally not doing anything but just thinking. Running through trying to process all the thoughts in my head. I'm sure if someone saw me, they'd be like there's a weird kid staring at the wall or something right now lol. But that's why I just chill in my room or lie in my bed. It's a good way to really grasp how I feel, where I currently stand. Most of the time its kind of evaluating my relationships with people, how much has changed (and how I've changed over the years). I really like to think about people lol. Its fun in my good moods and very depressing in my bad moods haha. And when I'm stressed, just a lot of negativity.
Kyuui Kiwi
sakari_paradox
User Image

Don't think I necessarily have that problem. When writing papers though, I just put everything that runs into my head because why the hell not. Add more to the paper XD. I do understand all the thoughts and you're just trying to retain it all.

I kind of love just sitting around sometimes, literally not doing anything but just thinking. Running through trying to process all the thoughts in my head. I'm sure if someone saw me, they'd be like there's a weird kid staring at the wall or something right now lol. But that's why I just chill in my room or lie in my bed. It's a good way to really grasp how I feel, where I currently stand. Most of the time its kind of evaluating my relationships with people, how much has changed (and how I've changed over the years). I really like to think about people lol. Its fun in my good moods and very depressing in my bad moods haha. And when I'm stressed, just a lot of negativity.
YES. I'm forever analyzing social interactions. The book I was reading was talking about how ADHD goes underdiagnosed in a lot of girls because they're not necessarily hyperactive; they're just the quiet kid in class who's usually daydreaming about something and it goes unnoticed. And I mean, part of the whole analysis could be part of introversion or introspection or something, but I definitely drift off in a lot of classes. I remember especially in elementary school, I would either start thinking about something else or covertly read a book under the desk. If I was in math class, I would usually figure out what we were doing from the textbook, or asking people what we were supposed to be doing once I realized the teacher wasn't talking. xD I remember once, I was in the reading corner and got so caught up reading that I actually laughed out loud, and then I looked up and realized everyone was taking a test. O.o I don't know if the teacher tried to get my attention or not...anyway, story time!

So, I don't have a car, and I need to get checks from the bank. But then I saw a status on Facebook from a friend's ex-girlfriend about how people would tell her they would marry someone and then change their minds, and that's why she doesn't take them seriously. Quick recap: she told me she was going to marry my friend in April 2012, and they broke up a few months later. And she's currently married...to someone she friended on FB in January of this year. Sooooooo... rolleyes I was going to text my roommate before she picked me up that we needed to go to the bank, and I was like, "Oh, I'll remember." Annnd I got so caught up telling her this story that I didn't remember until we got back. Sighhh.

It also took me two hours to make a cup of tea because I got caught up in my Sims game and forgot. xD After that, I put it on my desk, away from my bed, so that every time I wanted a drink I had to get up. I would get up, think, "I should take this back with me," and then I would drink my tea, put it back down on the desk, and walk back to my bed. I went back and forth three times because I kept forgetting to take the cup of tea back with me. It was so frustrating.

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
User Image

Ohhh that's a better way to word it. Social interactions. I really enjoy it, and thinking through situations, hypotheticals, and just who people are as a person. And how they influence and affect me, whether good or bad. I also really enjoy piecing together connections. For example, I kind of mapped out in my head who kind of brought me into this culture group in my school that has been a huge deal in my life, in the best way possible. Constantly I like to think about how different my experience would be if that never happened. What if I didn't hang out with that person that day? What if I chickened out like I normally do and didn't go? All this kind of stuff is just fascinating to me. As other people's relationships though, thats also fun to analyze. "Hm, I wonder how they're doing? Oh. I think those people are definitely into each other." lol. You also mentioned observation, one of my friends who's like a big brother (known him since I was an awkward child in high school) said that I'm very observant even when to others, it doesn't seem like I am unless they know me well. The only difference is back then, I would keep all my thoughts to myself, and now, even though that's true, I do tell more of my thoughts to him and his girlfriend (who's like my big sissss <3).

Since we're having such in-depth conversations, I'd like to bring up another discussion topic. I'm curious about your friendships. I kind of had this talk with a friend and realized that I prefer these relationships that are like big-brother big-sister kind of things. And I'm always the "child" of the group. I prefer to be around friends that are older than me rather than the ones that are my own age. They say its because I'm more mature than the ones my age, but then around them I get to be the child again. And well, I have 2 big brothers so that plays a part too I guess. Of course, I have regular, normal friendships too. Overall, this past year and current year have been a huge change than my high school years in the best way possible though so that's good.

Wow ^^ See this is what I do lol. Its also interesting because I used to never have these kinds of conversations with ANYONE. Never had close friends like that until college. That's why I would just need to sit and think because then I could discuss them with... myself? And figure things out. I was definitely the quiet, shy kid.

Haha, niceee. Sucks when you're like "Okay, I have to do this. I have to do this." And then you forget to do it after saying it multiple times in your head. And in elementary school and middle school I was fine. I actually felt smart back then lol.
Gopacksand

Hiya! Just doing some cleaning and was wondering if you still work/would like to work for us? Its completely understandable if not. However, you're listed as an employee and would just like to know whether to keep the name or not :3
Its been a while but we have OPEN SLOTS again! We've made some changes. Come and order! :]
Kyuui Kiwi
Omg. Yes. I was actually talking the other day to a friend about what makes certain people "popular," for lack of a better term--not in the teen-movie awful leader of the pack kind of way, but someone who everyone seems to like. Because what I was noticing wasn't charm or charisma, which would ordinarily be my guess. I had a friend who uploaded a cover photo on FB and 213 people have liked it so far. And it's like, what do you have to do to be someone who has made contact with so many people (she's got over 1k friends) and make such an impression on them that they like your cover photo, even if it's been years? And how do you even spread yourself so much in your social groups that even a conversation or a photo you're tagged in gets a huge amount of attention, comparatively? Or is it just the social group that she's in, where there is a culture of everyone being super affectionate? I know a lot of these girls, and we basically boiled it down to these things:

1) They're non-controversial/not strongly opinionated (which basically means I will never be popular, aha).
2) They're attractive. (Although I would disagree that this is a huge part of it; it's probably not as necessary.)
3) They're extroverted. (You have to be. And like, the more I think about extroversion/introversion, the less useful I find it, but it helps to have a general definition.)
4) Being well-off helps. (Having the resources to go places, having a car, being able to take people out, pay for stuff, buy them presents...)

But there's still something particular that I don't get, mostly because the people that I do see as being "popular" don't actually possess any sort of appeal for me? Like, I like them well enough, but maybe it's not so much that they're magnetic, as that they're palatable enough for most people to generally like, but not adore/worship a la boy bands. So I don't know. But it's stuff like that that interests me, not in a "why aren't I popular way," but in a, "why do people work like this?" way. And I also get the feeling that this isn't even the correct analysis. I'll hit upon it one day!

Regarding roles in groups: I think I tend to take on the mentorship role, which is probably related to the fact that I'm the oldest child in my family. I tended to get along better with people at school who were younger. I definitely had good friends my age/in my grade, but I think I had a lot more fun hanging out with people who were younger than me. I also tended to provide advice to people, and that was sort of my Internet "niche" or personality. And I think a lot of my interactions were shaped by the fact that my parents were very restrictive. I used to talk on the phone a lot with friends in elementary school, but in high school I lived in the dorms and didn't have a cell phone, so I got more and more used to interacting online/via text than in person.

And yeah, I think introspection on who you are/how you interact is something I do all the time. I'm forever reevaluating my friendships (I'm actually thinking about how I should approach breaking off a friendship with someone I know, because he's just...ugh) and daydreaming about potential situations or scenarios just so I'll have a response to them...if it happens. xD But at the same time, I'm wary of being like, "~I'm super deep! I'm not like the rest! I actually think about things!~" because I dislike that sort of vibe in other people. I feel like a lot of things that I think make me different aren't necessarily the case, just because people rarely have that sort of conversation anyway. And it's also why I'm skeptical of personality type stuff, which is related to the extroversion/introversion thing.

I went quickly through most stuff in elementary school, and I didn't have too much difficulty in high school. My issue wasn't so much that I wasn't capable, it was that I would forget or procrastinate. And I always got the sense that I could have done way better if I had just buckled down and tried harder. And I guess everyone feels that way, but I'm aware that what I can do is so much more than what I've actually done, but I also feel like I'm just complaining because by everyone else's standards, I've done really well. I'm sure having Asian parents also...impacted this. xD

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
User Image

Hm, I think there's different types of popular too though. There are the ones from high school who are considered the "cool" kids and I think that just comes from typically good looking with a mixture of a very out-going personality. However, let's not talk about those kids since I think a better type of "popular" to discuss would be those that are just naturally "popular" with lots of friends as you mentioned and all the likes etc.

The ones that I know, and that I enjoy the company of that are considered "popular" I've come to conclude really comes from just their personality. They're a lovable person. The ones I know are on the cutesy side, but not in a try-hard kind of way. Its just who they are. They're always just fun and their social group definitely allows them to expand. I also completely get the whole "super affectionate" girls haha. Even now I don't fully understand how seriously you can take it when all they do is give out compliments. I mean, at least when I give you a compliment you know I really, truly mean it because I don't say it to everyone xD. But that's just who I am too, I'm not too lovey-dovey, though its started to change a little bit with the people I'm around :] <3

In regards to being popular, again I didn't really have lots of friends in high school, but then college hit and my social group kind of exploded. I'll admit its kind of nice being "known" but its also a little weird because I didn't used to be. People actually want to hang out? whut. Its just weird when people point it out to me haha. But it also creates a kind of mental battle in my head of who I "really" am, which ones more like me? Which me do I prefer more?

Bahaha, man the people who get a crap load of likes in less than an hour. Sooooo popular. Its so entertaining and I'm just like dang. You have a lot of friends.

Hehe, so that's how it works. You prefer younger friends, I prefer older. Perfect match :3 Makes sense that a large part of comes from how we grew up and the level of responsibility we had to take on. As for my online persona however, when I used to be underage for a lot of sites, people still used to think I was 16+ when I was really like 10-11. Definitely acted older because I've never been a big fan of immaturity (unless I'm just joking around) lol.

I day dream scenarios ALL THE TIME. Been doing it since I was little, just now the situations are much different in topic lmao. And most people wouldn't guess that I'm "deep" in a sense. I don't really show it or talk about things like that again, except with my "big bro" and "big sis." With everyone else its just casual conversations.

Something else I also do that's pretty terrible is doubt my friendships. A part of me always fights because I'm so scared that its not "real" or that I'm burdening people etc. I'm never the person to reach out because either 1). I don't like rejection haha 2). Its kind of test, people have to reach out to me if they want to hang out and whatnot because if they don't, then they weren't thinking of me? 3). I don't want to be overbearing. So if they reach out, then its because they have time, and they want to spend it with me :3

Haha yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that. If only I applied myself more, I should have started sooner etc. xD.
Kyuui Kiwi
Yeah, exactly. I think another component of it is that they're usually not aware of the fact that they have a lot of friends, and wouldn't even classify themselves as popular. Which makes them even more popular! xD It's very refreshing to hang out with someone who isn't putting on a show. Sometimes I envy them, but since I've gotten through college, I'm a lot less willing to suppress my opinions or spend time with people I don't really like, so you know. Trade offs.

And yeah, I had a friend who was very popular, because he always knew how to talk to people and compliment them. But I noticed that he would often talk about other people he didn't like, but they'd absolutely love him and whenever he was around, he was really congenial and stuff. Eventually people would be confused because they noticed that about him, and wondered if he also talked about them behind their backs...sigh. People are confusing. I used to really enjoy hanging out and talking with people, but now I'm like, totally consumed with understanding their motivations and that kind of thing, and then it gets hard to find something to talk about. xD

Yeah, staying true to who you are is always a struggle. Because sometimes people will say things that are absolutely terrible, and either you can try to keep being their friend, because you like having a group of friends and feeling social, or you can take a stand and distance yourself. That happened to me freshman year; I was part of a group that got along fairly well, but I was always on the fence about stuff they said that would be racist or sexist or something, and eventually I distanced myself because I decided to stay true to what I believed was important, yada yada.

I used to get more likes on Facebook. D: It'd range from like, 10-30something likes, and now it's dwindled. Waaahhh. xD

I've gotten back into League and the Sims, so my weekend has been...very packed. xD I played the Sims for like 8 hours yesterday, and then I stayed up till 5am playing League with my boyfriend. There's a new champion that I loveeeee. xD

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
User Image

Damn, see that's where the doubt kicks in sometimes. When they're like "I dont' really like that person" then I'm like .... wow I wouldn't have guessed... do you even like me?! hahaha.

None of my friends have some quality that would bring me down in a way so that's good. I'd like to think they're good people, and anything in their past is their past. My social "group" is fairly large since its part of an actual campus culture group, however my actual group that I consider my close friends is much, much smaller. The larger group, a few smoke, party, etc. but that's why I'm not really close with them at all. And no one I know is racist or sexist that I know of... and if they are then to no extreme that I've noticed haha.

Bahaha my likes were always fairly low, but I always paid attention the number of birthday posts I got that year... xD. I always found it interesting how I lost a few here and there, then would gain some other years, and who would crawl of nowhere and wish me a happy birthday. Erm, well, they're higher now :] Not gonna lie it does make you feel good sometimes lmao. Man, what social media can do to your self-esteem sometimes.

Haha I don't play often at all. Last time I played was over thanksgiving break and that was only because my brother was home and I like playing with him. Other than that, it was probably a good month of so since I played. I seriously need to actually try and learn how to play better for regular games. I just kind of gave up and only play aram cause its easy.

Agile Spirit

Don't forget to send pay trades! I kind of forgot... haha. But no one sent any!

Agile Spirit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces