Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okami is an extremely well known game that won several prestigious awards.
You people have no idea what the ******** you're talking about.
User Image

Aged Codger

7,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200
Noisebot
User Image

and a person who generalizes the content of a entire thread based on two posts from the front page does know "what the ********" he's talking about?

And next time, maybe you could contribute a game you believe to be a cult game, instead of saying everyone sucks. You act superior, and yet you don't display any traits that are common to higher thinking.
Noisebot
Okami is a somewhat well known game that won several prestigious awards...
User Image

...which still sold for d**k among casuals and hardcores alike. I would call that a cult classic. And you're welcome for the fix.

Others? Besides any Treasure title I could name, I mean.

The Shadow Hearts serieswould definitely belong on this list, I think, as well as the Mother series. Both of those have pretty rabid cult followings. Does Lost Kingdoms have that big of a fanbase, though?

Does the Timesplitters series count? It has a pretty diehard following and a consistently good critical track record but it usually gets overshadowed by other entires in the same genre, like Halo.

Power Stone 2 is a cult classic among party gamers, from what I've seen, as is Cannon Spike. The Dreamcast was excellent for stuff like that.

From the older school comes stuff like Crystal Castles, Bionic Commando (before this year, nobody knew what the ******** I was talking about when I'd reminisce about this game. I think that qualifies), Peter Pack-Rat, Spy vs. Spy, River City Ransom ...maybe some older text adventures, like Space Quest or Quest for Glory.

I could stay up all night rummaging through my misspent childhood.

Oh, and two more for the road God Hand and Rising Zan are the definition of "Cult Classic". Anyone who's ever thumbed a B Button should find whatever meager amount of time they can to play both of these odd wonders before they die.
Countess Dooku
felixtheswordsman
Countess Dooku

It's true that rants are both opinions and fun to write afterall it was my miniature rant on obscurity which started this exchange.
exclaim

true, very true...

It's nice to find someone who doesn't flip out when someone else has a different perspective. Usually you don't find that around these parts.

wait. Why am I off topic again?! AHHH!!!

uh, let's see... another cult game...

uh...

uh...

I think it might be a stretch by this point, but Audiosurf.

First off I've witnessed enough people, in oh so many forums who can't handle a different point of view. Personally speaking no one looks good flipping out on a forum over a difference of opinion... period.

And if you want a good cult series look no further than monster rancher.
1. They've made a ton of monster rancher games
and
2. Many prominent gaming websites barely cover there releases

I loved the Original on the PS1 as well as the original Digimon World.
Noisebot
User Image

Wow You are a nice person, the only reason I consider it a cult classic and not just a classic is because no one bought it. The critics loved it, but no one knows about it, that still qualifies it as a cult classic.
I don't think this is a cult classic, but only the few people who actually have a dreamcast will know about this game... Shenmue and Shemnue 2 (also for Xbox)

Noob

Tetris Attack.
Look it up.
BOWSER IS IMPOSSIBLE ON HARDEST DIFFICULTY.
Muffs
Tetris Attack.
Look it up.
BOWSER IS IMPOSSIBLE ON HARDEST DIFFICULTY.

Did and loved it... but now we have Poker Smash. The next step in the development of the Perfect Addiction.
Gunstar Heroes and Bionic Commando (NES)
<_< Zone of the Enders..
Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!
My favorite series of all-time (even if the new games are mediocre as hell):
Grandia.
felixtheswordsman
No More Heroes
Baten Kaitos
Beyond Good and Evil
Cave Story
Item info decoded. Ninja Headband. Cost: 1,000,000+.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Support the ORIGINAL

Cave story ******** wins. <3

Baten Kaitos was good, too, though I never beat it. xD

Data downloaded to logbook for further review
tales of symphonia- the greatest rpg of all time
kirakenshin
My favorite series of all-time (even if the new games are mediocre as hell):
Grandia.

I agree, I loved it for the DC. Unfortunately I never finished it because my DC stopped working... got up to the very end too scream crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff