Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is it possible to be "fat" and fit?

Why yes, it's possible! 0.46116504854369 46.1% [ 95 ]
No. Gross fatties are always unhealthy. 0.097087378640777 9.7% [ 20 ]
It could be true in some cases, but most fat people are just lazy and stupid. 0.19417475728155 19.4% [ 40 ]
It doesn't matter if they're fit, I still hate fat people. 0.024271844660194 2.4% [ 5 ]
MAN THE HARPOONS FOR GOLD! 0.22330097087379 22.3% [ 46 ]
Total Votes:[ 206 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

well take sumo wrestlers for instance. They are very large but most of their body is the good fat.
so true, like in my instance I weigh so much more than i look like, but I honestly don't care about the number on the scale or the size of clothing I wear. For me it's about being a healthy size and weight for me.

To all those asses out there that only care about how people look, you guys are really missing out.
so i take it that the person that made this thread had some weight issues...
but thats cool im hella skinny and people make fun of me and pick on me all the time ,
i just learned to deal with it, ill get y revenge (not physical but mental)
I agree completely x]
Though, most of the time it /is/ our fault for being fat.
I'm pretty overweight and I knew I would be skinnier if I exercised more, I'm just a lazy SOB x]

The thing that pisses me off most is the people who say they're fat and ugly and blah blah blah, then post a million pictures on myspace, facebook, etc etc.

I know I'm overweight, but...I'll get over it.
I diss on myself for being overweight all the time, and when someone else calls me fat, I compliment them for their good eyesight XD

<3
-Blaze

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I would go so far as to say most fat people are that way because of an unhealthy lifestyle, at least the ones who are only fat after they get older.

And it's okay to make fat jokes, because people make jokes about all kinds of people, and to say it's not socially acceptable is being oversensitive.

If people are saying these jokes in order to directly insult someone, then that's not cool, but most people have enough tact to make these jokes to a general audience because they're funny and not because they wanted to hurt someone's feelings.

7,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
xBlaze Strifex
I agree completely x]
Though, most of the time it /is/ our fault for being fat.
I'm pretty overweight and I knew I would be skinnier if I exercised more, I'm just a lazy SOB x]

The thing that pisses me off most is the people who say they're fat and ugly and blah blah blah, then post a million pictures on myspace, facebook, etc etc.

I know I'm overweight, but...I'll get over it.
I diss on myself for being overweight all the time, and when someone else calls me fat, I compliment them for their good eyesight XD

<3
-Blaze

Once you are overweight, it is hard to lose the weight mainly because fat secretes estrogen, which is a hormone that keeps extra weight on. So, not only do you have to exercise, but you also have to radically change the way you eat.

This may be easy if you are rich and can afford to have someone make healthy food for you all the time and have plenty of time to exercise and have professional one-on-one trainers. But it's not all that easy if you are living at home (ie: your parents make the food decisions), or you live from paycheck to paycheck and most of the money goes to rent and other necessities.

The main reason that I gained weight was due to hormonal birth control. It just really messed me up because my chemistry was like "OMG X_X" in response to it. But every doctor I went to kept saying "It can't be the pills!" So after a bunch of years, I finally got to talk to a doctor who told me to go off it, and lo and behold, I lost weight AND my health improved drastically.

Of course, the other thing that causes weight gain is starving yourself and then binging, which happens a lot to college students.

If all it takes for you to lose weight is to walk your dog once a day, then whoop de doo, lucky you. But it's difficult for everyone to try a method because our bodies are chemically so different.

Hah. It's funny, but when I'm going up the stairs with my thinner coworkers, they're gasping and grunting by the second flight while I'm fine for at least three more flights before I start getting tired.

Shirtless Fairy

On Your Feet
Come with Me
I hate when clearly overwieght people are all "MEH IS NOT FATS!!!"

Seriously. They don't seem to realize how ******** annoying it is. I'm not talking about the slightly overwieght kids (which is probably simple genetics anyway), I'm talking 300+ lbs. people and who eat three slices of pizza and two sodas for lunch. Live in denial if you want, just don't take it out on us!

We are Soldiers

Stand or Die
Final Fantasy XII Lover
On Your Feet
Come with Me
I hate when clearly overwieght people are all "MEH IS NOT FATS!!!"

Seriously. They don't seem to realize how ******** annoying it is. I'm not talking about the slightly overwieght kids (which is probably simple genetics anyway), I'm talking 300+ lbs. people and who eat three slices of pizza and two sodas for lunch. Live in denial if you want, just don't take it out on us!

We are Soldiers

Stand or Die

I eat 4 twisted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out