Welcome to Gaia! ::

do you blame your tablet?

if I screw up it's my own damn fault 0.43181818181818 43.2% [ 19 ]
YES. I swear! that tablet hates me I can totally draw better 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 2 ]
Whats a tablet? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'm currently dry humping your gold 0.52272727272727 52.3% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 >

I keep seeing people blame their Bad work on their Tablets.
"it's my first time with a tablet"
thats great. put it in a folder some where on your Picture files and look back it once and a while.

I don't see why anyone would WANT to post their first drawing up.
it's embarssing, Take some time to get used to it so you can't use that shitty excuse.

if your Tablet has problems. Don't post the pictures and then tell every one that your tablet has a problem.

Most People don't want to see it. (MOST)

Golly Gosh.

My point is NOT: Don't post your work.
My point is: Don't post your "Shitty" work and blame it on your tablet

>:U
1. I agree with you.
2. I love you poll whore option XD
Zucci__zookeenee
1. I agree with you.
2. I love you poll whore option XD

1.Thank you
2.xD

Magnetic Lunatic

I'm also in agreement here. It's the same sort of excuse that comes from people who say "I'm only x age!" and "I drew this during class, that's why it's so sloppy."

I've never quite understood why they bothered posting something that they knew to be bad quality. I mean, I yank most of mine off the internet once I establish that I can do better.

And your poll whore option is quite possibly the best ever.

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I semi-agree with you.

You shouldn't post shitty artwork and blame it on your tablet.

You -should- post artwork that has a few problems that are the result of not being used to your tablet (shaky lines for example). You shouldn't entirely blame the tablet, and you should request help. It took me forever to figure out the right manner of working with my tablet to get rid of (most) of my shaky lines that felt the most natural to me.
Sat-AM_Reject
I semi-agree with you.

You -should- post artwork that has a few problems that are the result of not being used to your tablet (shaky lines for example). You shouldn't entirely blame the tablet, and you should request help. It took me forever to figure out the right manner of working with my tablet to get rid of (most) of my shaky lines that felt the most natural to me.

I don't really consider shaky lines to be THAT much of a problem (so I really didn't think of that one) (plus I mostly assume that some have a slight problem holding their hand still. )

But yes I do agree on that.
“I'm currently dry humping your gold”
heart

Tablet/mouse/pencil/age/program/scanner’s fault = Attention-seeking-haft-a**-it-artist.
At least, that is what I’ve always thought.

Really, that is the first thing that comes to my mind. They are posting for attention, if their art isn’t the greatest, they make up some reason for people to praise them for overcoming some hardship like a evil tablet. Or, MS paint. That one is used a lot too.

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
iNomz
Sat-AM_Reject
I semi-agree with you.

I don't really consider shaky lines to be THAT much of a problem (so I really didn't think of that one) (plus I mostly assume that some have a slight problem holding their hand still. )

Hahah, sometimes I think I have Parkinson's, my hand shakes so much XD

But that's why I work enormously big

(redundant?)

It makes my lines a little smoother when I size down. Of course, some people cheat and use vector-based programs ;_;
i agree dont blame your tablet!! blame your mouse for making your art look crappy!!! xPPP

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
XxArjayxX The Mailer
i agree dont blame your tablet!! blame your mouse for making your art look crappy!!! xPPP
That's no real excuse. I used to make pretty awesome art using only my mouse.
XxArjayxX The Mailer

no no no.
Thats not an Excuse.
I worked with a mouse ALL THE TIME.
I had no problems.

if anything BLAME your skill.
Sat-AM_Reject
iNomz
Sat-AM_Reject
I semi-agree with you.

(redundant?)

It makes my lines a little smoother when I size down. Of course, some people cheat and use vector-based programs ;_;

Hahahaha, I only have a slight shake so I can't really complain. :U

(Just a little XD )

Most my Stuff tends to have sketchy lines.
Only some times I will attempt sraight "smooth" lines.

I can never figure the Vector programs out (feels completely n00bish)

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
iNomz
Sat-AM_Reject
iNomz
Sat-AM_Reject
I semi-agree with you.

(redundant?)

Hahahaha, I only have a slight shake so I can't really complain. :U

(Just a little XD )

Most my Stuff tends to have sketchy lines.
Only some times I will attempt sraight "smooth" lines.

I can never figure the Vector programs out (feels completely n00bish)I used to use vectors when I worked with a mouse. And my shake isn't very bad, per-say, until I start trying to use my 4x5 tablet, in which case my cursor likes to not be very precise and clicking things becomes difficult @.o
I used to frequent Paintchat a lot before I got my tablet, and occasionally I'd get the question "Are you using a tablet?" My answer was 'No, I'm using a mouse."

Shows how fairly good you can get without a tablet.

If you can't draw well traditionally you're probably not going to draw well via tablet. Traditional skills are important, especially if someone wants you to whip up a quick drawing or concept.

Though I really should eat my own advice, as for some reason I feel my digital work is better than my traditional. Meh.

Beloved Combatant

22,275 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
I agree, don't blame anything but yourself for shitty artwork.
User Image heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces