No 0.017421602787456 1.7% [ 5 ]
What? 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Sorta... 0.034843205574913 3.5% [ 10 ]
I liked the Broadway one better. 0.045296167247387 4.5% [ 13 ]
OO a poll yay!!! 0.041811846689895 4.2% [ 12 ]
Moo. 0.062717770034843 6.3% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 287 ]
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

*SPOILERS* this discussion is for those who have seen the movie or those who like being spoiled. unsuspecting readers, ye be warned, so don't complain if you read it a juicy little tidbit of spoiler info.

Now that that's out of the way...
After seeing the movie, my first thought was 'Holy s**t, that was extremely f*cked up!' I didn't like how they actually showed Todd slicing the throats- the blood's fine, but watching the knife cut was just... ack! The story was definately befitting Tim Burton- dark and twisted- which is a good thing. He definately did a good job with it. The ending was sad, but I'm glad the kids got to live, and I'm so glad he didn't kill Johanna. That... would've been awful.
The casting was great. They could have gotten a better voice for Sweeney Todd, however. Johnny Depp has a great voice, but it's just freaky to hear Jack Sparrow and see someone that looks a little bit like Edward Scissorhands- only much older, with real hands, a white skunk streak in his hair, and a permanent scowl on his face. Helena Bonham Carter was wonderful; she may not have the best voice, as many have said, but she's good at looking a little off, and she's a wonderful actress. Alan Rickman was a total badass, as always. He has a rather nice singing voice; I will never watch Harry Potter or Die Hard the same way again. xd
The music was phenomenal. I mainly watch Tim Burton movies for their music- he's always got someone awesome doing the soundtrack. *hums This Is Halloween*
Overall, I thought it was a great horror movie. So what are your thoughts?

EDIT (1/15/0 cool : I totally forgot to add this in the casting part; that little kid, Toby, has great potential. He had a great voice for a kid his age, and he wasn't in the least overdramatic or underdramatic. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up; I honestly hope he pursues a career in Broadway- Hollywood's too weird right now.

Timid Dabbler

I liked it. I like the soundtrack better than the movie though. The movie was way too predictable. I mean, as soon as you saw the crazy hobo lady, you knew it was Lucy. sad

I thought it was funny that because of Johnny Depp being not a fan of blood, the blood was VERY obviously fake. Kinda looked like red kool-aid smile

Over all my friend and I gave it a 3/5
I LOVED SWEENEY TODD!!!!! whee

My friends and I laughed everytime he killed someone because it was so fake, but you could tell that the "movie people" wanted it to look that way because there are ways to make fake blood look real. I laughed so loudly when all the crazy blondes attacked the hair guy.

Soundtrack rocks *duh* it's Johnny Depp singing, who wouldn't love that?
Great movie, biggrin the blood looked a little bit like red paint
BellaGrl
I LOVED SWEENEY TODD!!!!! whee

My friends and I laughed everytime he killed someone because it was so fake, but you could tell that the "movie people" wanted it to look that way because there are ways to make fake blood look real. I laughed so loudly when all the crazy blondes attacked the hair guy.

Soundtrack rocks *duh* it's Johnny Depp singing, who wouldn't love that?

hehe, that was cool when they all attacked the hair guy!!! he was a jerk anyway. xd
Sweeney Todd was the best and it had the best cast ever. Johnny could sing so well and I just loved it ^^
it's really one of my favourite movies. the soundtrack is awesome. Johnny Depp was great in the movie. I just wasnt expecting him to die in the end O_o;

cuttIebone's Widow

lol who said it was obvious the lady was lucy???? that was SOOO not obvious. i only thought of it at the very end, and even then i didnt think for one moment that it was actually true. whee
I thought that the lady was Lucy fairly early in the movie. I think the reason the blood was so fake was a concession for the ratings and to cut down the gruesomeness a bit. I found the "landings" pretty disturbing.
i thought the movie was awesome. But the blood was a little too fake
Best...Movie...Ever. That's all I have to say. Congradulations to Tim Burton for winning Best Motion Picture( Comedy/ Musical), and Johnny Depp for winning Best Actor in a Comedy/Musical.
kilaryen
*SPOILERS* this discussion is for those who have seen the movie or those who like being spoiled. unsuspecting readers, ye be warned, so don't complain if you read it a juicy little tidbit of spoiler info.

After seeing the movie, my first thought was 'Holy s**t, that was extremely f*cked up!' I didn't like how they actually showed Todd slicing the throats- the blood's fine, but watching the knife cut was just... ack! The story was definately befitting Tim Burton- dark and twisted- which is a good thing. He definately did a good job with it. The ending was sad, but I'm glad the kids got to live, and I'm so glad he didn't kill Johanna. That... would've been awful.
The casting was great. They could have gotten a better voice for Sweeney Todd, however. Johnny Depp has a great voice, but it's just freaky to hear Jack Sparrow and see someone that looks a little bit like Edward Scissorhands- only much older, with real hands, a white skunk streak in his hair, and a permanent scowl on his face. Helena Bonham Carter was wonderful; she may not have the best voice, as many have said, but she's good at looking a little off, and she's a wonderful actress. Alan Rickman was a total badass, as always. He has a rather nice singing voice; I will never watch Harry Potter or Die Hard the same way again. xd
The music was phenomenal. I mainly watch Tim Burton movies for their music- he's always got someone awesome doing the soundtrack. *hums This Is Halloween*

--LOVE Alan Rickman---they found him on broadway and asked him to do Die Hard so he did start off singing--ANYWAY ALL of Tim Burton's music is composed by Danny Elfman as well as sung (D.E was the voice of Jack Skellington)-- domokun
SnapeLover88
kilaryen

--LOVE Alan Rickman---they found him on broadway and asked him to do Die Hard so he did start off singing--ANYWAY ALL of Tim Burton's music is composed by Danny Elfman as well as sung (D.E was the voice of Jack Skellington)-- domokun

Alan Rickman is just amazing. Hands down.
actually, Skellington's voice was Chris Sarandon, but Elfman provided the singing voice. He also was the voice for Bonejangles in Corpse Bride. He's a genius with composing music. mrgreen

Vogue Trash

Madam Marciano
I thought that the lady was Lucy fairly early in the movie. I think the reason the blood was so fake was a concession for the ratings and to cut down the gruesomeness a bit. I found the "landings" pretty disturbing.

People here were laughing at that, oddly enough.

It was a fanastic movie, I enjoyed it. I liked the siging. The permanet scowled face scenes were priceless. The first time I saw the blood in the movie, I was thinking "Why is it so...bright?" But ignored it as the killing continued lol. I didn't like the ending, it was sad, but atleast he didn't kill his daughter.

Hesitant Hero

14,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Madam Marciano
I laughed extremely hard during the landings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff