Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does Anime make smoking look cool?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 11, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

Charged Helper

Besides, everywhere you go, you see people smoking. 3nodding So it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway...
No, cigs suck no matter what! blaugh

Interesting Smoker

4,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
dont know dont care. i tried smoking even before i knew about anime *the huge hit was pokemon*
I don't think so, but smoking is gross either way
Honestly, just because say..... Spike on Bebop is smoking, I honestly doubt theres anyone so simple minded that theyed think "Hey, he's cool and he smokes! If I smoke I'll be cool!"

Honestly, I don't think smoking in anime is to make the cigarettes look cool, I think it's to make them seem more like theyre type of character........
It's anyone choice weather or not they decide to start or stop smoking but saying that anime is the cause of smoking, is like saying that 'THE MATRIX' made me become a computer hacker and start shooting people in black suits.

Sure small children look at others and immitate what they see most of the time, and this is the debate as to why it is that the Phillip Morrison group was charged with 'subjective advertising to minors', by placing billboard ads of a camel smoking, to close to schools and playgrounds. <yes i'm talking about the one and only Joe Camel, who smoked the cigarettes we know as CAMELS>.

When questioned as to why they stole cigarettes from there parents, or began smoking, young children would reply: "It looked cool from the billboard"

so if you find yourself smoking crack, shooting heroin, sniffing pcp or angel dust; and you say it's from a movie or cartoon....
you got some serious problems and need to seek rehab right away.
no way dose anime make people wanna smoke...my entire family smokes, and wenever i talk about anime, they dont know wat the hell i'm talking about >.< it sooo gross!!!...i just know i'm gonna die os some kinda cancer cause of all of them....grrr gonk
ill admit it looks cool in anime, but it sucks in real life. my dad smokes and so does my aunt (she lives w/ me) and its soo annoying! it smells so bad! gonk
tha smell makes me sick no possible way i d ever smoke even if an anime character did
I really love mamimi, which is rather a shame because..well you know her. Anime really dose make smoking look damn cool, it's sad. crying
i dont want a hole in my brain almost gaged then i saw a real brain have a hole in it at skool they had a thingy and did that stare
I feel that yes, Anime Charecters can effect your desioin to smoke, and i do agree with EVRY POST! [that has yet to say anything on the main topic] yes, i do not support smoking, it just slow suicde
yea but i will never do it hahahaha
anyone who takes up smoking coz they saw it on an anime show is an idiot anyway so who really cares
ive never seen the words idiot and not cool so many times in my life

Smoking is never good but it is a useful tool in drawing anime/manga, it expresses a type of personality found often in anime/manga characters, that is all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff