Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you hate english dubs?

Yes, Sakura's voice is soooo annoying!!111one!!1 0.45756222080408 45.8% [ 717 ]
No. 0.54243777919592 54.2% [ 850 ]
Total Votes:[ 1567 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 132 133 134 > >> »|

I think it has to deal with the series, if it has a lot of action, like One Piece, it's better subbed, but if it's a lot of talking, Case Closed/Detective Conan, it's better dubbed. The only exception I have to this is Naruto, because I am to no end annoyed by Sasuke's japanese voice.
well dubbing is pretty much the editing of the anime too. But some just want to make you cry
twotailedfox
well dubbing is pretty much the editing of the anime too. But some just want to make you cry

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i think they are ok they don't really bother me.
twotailedfox

Surprisingly, the company actually has nothing to do with the editing of the anime! That's decided by the FCC - otherwise we wouldn't have uncut versions when we buy a DVD. The only thing the dub company does is translate the series and voice it over in English (or whatever language it's being dubbed into).

Intellectual Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
x X DeathSaint X x
Ok, I'm not a complete Japanophile, but I do say that I think ALL anime is badly dubbed.

I honestly cannot stand to hear anime voiced in English, it gets on my nerves =.="

I'm not saying you shouldn't WATCH it, it's just me, I hate english in anime, it annoys me, and I think it shouldn't be dubbed.

I agree. I'm a perfectionist, so it really gets on my nerves whenever people try to say something with a bad accent and say it wrong. However, if I have to, I watch dubbed anyway.

Intellectual Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Ninen Horio
twotailedfox

Surprisingly, the company actually has nothing to do with the editing of the anime! That's decided by the FCC - otherwise we wouldn't have uncut versions when we buy a DVD. The only thing the dub company does is translate the series and voice it over in English (or whatever language it's being dubbed into).

Maybe they started with the uncut version but based on the anime's popularity changed it? (I don't really know about these whatever dub whatever things. I skipped the extras at the end of the Naruto english dub movie because I couldn't stand to hear the english dubs.)
twotailedfox

User Image
Only a few will get this joke.
i would rather watch subs cause i like hearing the actors real voice and because most of the times ive watched dub anime they give the main character a bad voice witch for me ruins the whole experience of watching the anime but i havent watched that many dub anime so i could be wrong
Heartless_Drive
i would rather watch subs cause i like hearing the actors real voice and because most of the times ive watched dub anime they give the main character a bad voice witch for me ruins the whole experience of watching the anime but i havent watched that many dub anime so i could be wrong

You must watch horrible dubs then because majority of them are great.
Good dubs exist in large numbers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=COSevUR7AG8
Fire_eater000
Maybe they started with the uncut version but based on the anime's popularity changed it? (I don't really know about these whatever dub whatever things. I skipped the extras at the end of the Naruto english dub movie because I couldn't stand to hear the english dubs.)

<!-- Television edits do not affect the DVD release - the company is either going to release the DVD cut, uncut, or sometimes even both. The television version of a series is going to either remain cut or uncut, but it almost never will actually change (though there are exceptions - I'm assuming that Funimation's release of One Piece isn't going to have the same rating as 4Kids Entertainment's if they play on airing it on television again, but this is a rare case that doesn't often happen). -->
I agree with most of your points! heart heart heart I know 4kids butcher animes but it makes sense because they're making the anime for kids........4 kids definitely should leave some animes alone though......
GreedLust
People who dont like dubs are NOOBS!!!!! NOOBIE NOOB NOOBS!!!

#1 Why whatch what I do not understand!!!

#2 If you dont understand Japanese then you shouldnt argue that the voice acting is better because you cant tell what the burning_eyes they are saying!!! And just because the words say something cooler doesnt mean the language does because of how things translate!!!

#3 Movies and TV were not invented for reading!!! Get a manga if you want to complain about actores and watch in Japanese!!!

#4 I dont even remember #4 because I know one of these noobies and just thinking about the guy domokun me off!!!

4laugh To all my fellow americans who may by some chance know Japanese well good for you mrgreen You are entitled to your opinion and the obove is not ment for you!!!
People who shout are NOOBS!!!!! NOOBIE NOOB NOOBS!!!

#1 You can understand it by reading the subs.

#2 Who cares about the voicing quality? As long as you enjoy it better that way, you should watch it that way.

#3 Which is probably why subbing is common practice in lots of countries and dubbing is considerd weird it it's not for children's programs.

#4 Everyone has his own preferences, so ******** off and go bash someone else.
English dubs arent bad its just that sometimes it ruins the anime

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces