Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Luke and Sesshomaru from my SW/IY crossover. This is my first time making lines like this, so please, do they (the lines) look okay? If you don't think they do, please give critique.

Also, how should I colour this? Cell shaded, or painted, or what...?

I hope it doesn't look like yaoi... because it's not. *sigh*

Please critique...
it.. really looks like yaoi.. like seriously.. really really looks like yaoi.

my biggest problem with it is that I dont recognize either character. if you hadnt said who it was I would have assumed they were just a couple flirty guys you made up. id work on that.
SAKKET
it.. really looks like yaoi.. like seriously.. really really looks like yaoi.

my biggest problem with it is that I dont recognize either character. if you hadnt said who it was I would have assumed they were just a couple flirty guys you made up. id work on that.

I got a comment? Cool.

Well, I guess people can think it's yaoi... I know it's not, and it's not, so let them think whatever.

*sigh* You're right... I'm really trying to work on that, and I'm getting better (compared to how I used to draw Luke...), but I think it'll be awhile before I can make them look like they should. I promise that I'm going to continue to work on that until I can draw them. I mean, EVENTUALLY I'll be able to draw them... until then, I'll have to draw them like this *frustration*

Thanks for your comment heart It's nice to hear from someone!
no problemo. i think making genre-apropriate clothes/accessories is probly what you need here. like try studying some tatooine-style outfits for reference
SAKKET
no problemo. i think making genre-apropriate clothes/accessories is probly what you need here. like try studying some tatooine-style outfits for reference

Well, I can't really draw him in his pretty Tatooine clothes, because this is EU Luke. I understand, though (I needed to look into what they wear in Star Wars anyways, because... I really have no idea what they wear). I'll look around on the internet for someone sort of reference.

Sesshomaru, however, I cannot draw in his Japanese robe things, because in the story itself, he wears modern clothes (clothes from our time, that is). And... ahh, the more I talk about it, the more dorky it sounds. So I'm stopping now.

Thanks again!
how is it not yaoi?
Saber in Blue
how is it not yaoi?

I didn't have yaoi in mind when I drew it. The necklace is the connection between these two and their worlds, blah blah, ect, which is why they're both holding onto it. They're holding it in their mouths because I thought it was cute. They love each other... as BROTHERS. Not romantic. Not yaoi.

People will probably interpret it as they want, because that's how most people see pictures that show affection between two men. But this isn't romantic affection.

So people might think it's yaoi... even if a lot of people think that, it's not yaoi. Let them interpret it as they want sweatdrop
decemberbliss
They're holding it in their mouths because I thought it was cute. They love each other... as BROTHERS. Not romantic. Not yaoi.

Well um...take it from a guy...guys don't act like that. If a guy loves his brother he would NOT walk up to him and say "hey let's share a necklace and nibble on it some".
Saber in Blue
decemberbliss
They're holding it in their mouths because I thought it was cute. They love each other... as BROTHERS. Not romantic. Not yaoi.

Well um...take it from a guy...guys don't act like that. If a guy loves his brother he would NOT walk up to him and say "hey let's share a necklace and nibble on it some".

gotta agree there. the closest contact brothers make are when they give eachother noogies.
SAKKET
Saber in Blue
decemberbliss

gotta agree there. the closest contact brothers make are when they give eachother noogies.

Guys nibbling on a necklace would be like if two sisters went and like looked like they were about to hug each other and then stopped, flustered, because they didn't want to act gay.
Luke kinka looks like Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing and Sessy, well....
Saber in Blue
decemberbliss

They don't do this in the story, I just wanted a pose that symbolized the connection between the necklace. So maybe you're right, they might not nibble on a necklace (cute way of putting it, though) and they might not be touchy-feely in the story, but this wasn't really meant to be like that. It's supposed to show the connection, which is why they're both wearing it.

*sigh* If you think it's yaoi, then I can't stop you from thinking that. But I'm the one who drew it, and I know it's not yaoi. I don't really care if people think it is, it still isn't.
Okay, I get the point. People think it's yaoi. Please trust me, it's not what I intended people to think.

Moving on...

Please, doesn't anyone have ANY critique on the actual lines? Or suggestions on how to colour it?
-----------
/dance

The lines are well done.

work on Anatomy.

And i can't tell it's Sesshomaru. o-o

-----------
O-a Mitochondria bursts into dance.
Max Reaper
Luke kinka looks like Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing and Sessy, well....

I don't know the character, but you're probably right. I'm really trying to figure out how to draw these characters, and I am working on it.

Thanks for the comment heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces