Welcome to Gaia! ::

I suggest you read this article, to clarify a few things about HD.....

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=9582

After reading, what are your opinions? Do you personally think HD makes a huge difference in games, or no difference at all? I don't want to bring bias to this topic, so I'll let you speak. 3nodding

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I only have a 'diddy' TV, so anything better then SNES graphics looks pretty much the same. xd

Because i'm a poor a**, the Wii instantly stands out to me as being an affordable system which still has decent graphics and innovative software. The 360 and PS3 don't really appeal to me that much because a) the console's are a bit beyond my price range and b) I'll need to get a better TV in order to use said consoles to their proper worth. Which means i'd have to find more money from somewhere. Since i'm planning on going to Uni, this ain't gonna be likely...

And my ICT lesson is just about done, so I shall be off...

NiChangelo's Wife

Fallen Mama

Graphics smaphics.
Gameplay ALWAYS goes first.
I agree. Graphics can help, but you don't need great graphics to make a great game. I prefer games on the N64 to most games nowadays, and games before that were still really good!
Well my tv is a plain one which some idiot moved a magnet over so the colours are now mixed up

When I compare windwaker to my tv to the one downstairs, theres a hell of a difference

Because of this, graphics don't matter much to me, not that with a normal tv they would because I prefer the fun you get from the game, the exploring, action, ect.
we have an HD TV at home, so i'm kinda interested in HD gaming i guess. it could make playing the game cooler, since great graphics can really draw you in...but i'm not gonna play a crappy game just because it looks nice sweatdrop
Somedays I still feel awed at N64 games on my simple little television, although I did recently buy a VGA adapter for my LCD monitor. razz
The only thing that writer clarified is that he believed Nintendo are Saintly... and that Microsoft and Sony are bastardised to the power of ten.
HD is nice, but not worth going out and buying a new TV over. My friend plays his 360 on a old tv that doesn't even have RCA jacks, so he has to use an RF modulator, and you know what, the games still look good. I use some component cab;es for my PS2 and Xbox on my tv, but it only supports 480i, and it still looks great. point being HD is not very wide spread right now, and I doubt the new generation is going to change that...very much. Besides, after buying a PS3 and a game, HDMI cables, and an HDTV, you won't have a house.

And that article was most definitely biased.
After playing a number of games in 720p, I can tell you first hand that it is very important.
I only care about gameplay
UmbrA0130
It's funny when people say this, because Gameplay and Graphics go hand in hand.
HD is unimportant this generation, because by the time HD has a suitable amount of market penetration, we will be ready for the next generation.
Bunny--man
UmbrA0130

and it's funny when you say that because it's only half true
Darkgenshii
Bunny--man
UmbrA0130

and it's funny when you say that because it's only half true
It's funny to see people in denial.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas