Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you haven't seen the movie, this will spoil the ending!

Anyhoo, at the end she still has that grey hair, but she's not old anymore O_o I mean, did the curse on her wear off/break? Or does she still have it?
the curse affects her by how she feels about her self but at the end even though she still has grey hair the curse has been broken.
I don't really get it... but why doesn't she just die her hair? confused
kurogane kun
the curse affects her by how she feels about her self but at the end even though she still has grey hair the curse has been broken.

But then if the curse has been broken, what does the grey hair signify? She's getting "actual old" now?
it's a matter of interpretation, i saw it as the curse wasn't broken, just bypassed by how wonderful she felt being in love with howl.
Father Knows Best
kurogane kun

But then if the curse has been broken, what does the grey hair signify? She's getting "actual old" now?

It's more symbolic of the emotional-spirtual change that happened. Like the grey hair shows this whole adventure changed her life forever...at least that's what I think

Kawaii Shoujo

I found it weird,but my guess is that the grey hair remains to remind Sophie of her adventure which she met Howl,got cursed,broke her curse and Howls,renewed Calcifers life span by 1000 years,and saved Prince Justin from being a scarecrow forever.
Yes, the curse pretty much broke now. Her age was based upon how she felt about herself. If she felt too self concious, she became old, if she felt good about herself, or she was caring about something else, she became young.

About the gray hair, it's more of a symbolic thing than anything. I bet it has to do with the fact that she's more grown up inside. Before she was cursed, before she met Howl, she lived a pretty dull life, and she thought she wasn't pretty at all. She also tended to the hat shop, even though it wasn't what she really wanted to do. But after her experiece with the curse and Howl, she now is more daring to do things she wants to, and Howl made her feel less self-concious. It shows she's grown up.

that's what it is in my point of veiw. However, Hayao Miyazaki probably left this unexplained to make us think, and there are MANY different opinons on why these things happened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff