Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaiser Shyvin
I just recently got a problem with Towns that I don't think is mentioned yet.

I click on the Train Station building on the Barton Town Map.

It loads up, and I find myself stuck in the TOP LEFT of the Station's map. None of the NPC's are there, and my avatar is nowhere to be seen until I type something or click an emoticon.

This has been going on for about 10 minutes already, and I'm getting a bit angry.

If a screenshot needs to be supplied, let me know and I'll get one hosted up.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot, it's a bit small because Photobucket wouldn't accept the larger image. I said "See? I'm stuck up over here. And this is NOT a joke."

User Image

Yes, I will put that problem down.

broken.firefly: It's a glitch. Try again or come back later. Also, check out the 'Advice' on the front page.

Kremlin..Dusk: Same thing ^^^

plantersmixednuts: The only thing right now, that you can do is sell them. You will be able to exchange them later on for things. I do not know what yet.
i cant access the towns it says its reserved for alpha users only
Ok, I read the FAQ.
But, how do I remove my house from my current location? Is it even possible to move?
sorry if this is spam... >_> but... i like this thread.. and i felt a need to post something that i had fun making .../ doing ^^:;

User Image
o0Kaena0o
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bugs That Have Been Found

Alright, I have been playing a while and have noticed somethings. These are also problems that others have encountered as well:

/';

• 'Green' appears around people.

• A faint line appears over my head when I am stopped somewhere. It happens sometimes, but not all the time.

• No scroll bar; therefore, difficult to see certain objects and to click on them.

• It kicks people out (including me) when going to certain areas.

• Gaia towns crashes someones browser and sometimes their computer.

• Saving ones house does not work.

• Some claim that they have 11/10 bugs.

• Kicks you back to the main screen where you start off.

• Sometimes, you cannot see what you are typing, but others can.

• Reported that people's 'chat' bar does not appear what-so-ever.

• Reported that bugs have been disappearing all over.

• Avy appears, name shows up as 'undefined'.

• When one types too fast, and then tries to open the chat box window, it stops showing what anyone is typing.

• Sometimes the page doesn't load for many

• When one clicks on an arrow, it gives them a message that they should stop playing.

• The navigation sometimes never loads.

• When one is giving their bugs to the robot, the sometimes get this message "undefined".

• Net stays on the ground where one caught a bug.

• Can't click the 'next' button on the bot by the fountain sometimes.

• Freezes up when you talk to the robot and you can't move.

• Get stuck in the upper-left hand corner of the train station. The others arent there and you can see yourself. Screenshots page 28.

Okay, these problems, I believe, are to occur when there is a ton of people online.

• Black Screen when you enter towns.

• Some Avie's are showing up as a shadowed avys.

• When trying to access a town sometimes it brings you back to the train station in Barton town. It doesn't let you go anywhere else.

• Sometimes when going to one part of the screen and coming back Rina is floating in the air. Not much to do about it but it is a bug.

• Sometimes the map of Barton town is a red x or it doesn't show up.

• When navigating zip codes from the map and clicking on one part of the town it doesn't load the town. It stays there and keeps searching for the server.

• When one clicks on 'navigate'. Nothing happens and the dot below it becomes yellow.

• The house items loads but not the background.

• It takes a while for it to load to other peoples homes. I have DSL and a new computer, so my internet speed is super fast. And, everything loads within seconds, it is just 'entering' that takes a while and seems to stall.

• Can't use arrows

• Can't leave station

• When you go somewhere, it takes you back to the station.

• Freezes, all you can do is talk. Not move.

This will be updated as I find more. If there is a glitch on here that is fixed, please inform me of it.

Concerns

• Only problem I have at all with towns is the bad placement of homes RIGHT where the arrows to the next zip are at.. Trying to move, you end up a lot of the times unable to get to an arrow.. or move back over one taking you to where you just came from due to trying to walk around a home.. ((Another user))

• Somehow fixing the screen to make it fit all peoples.

• Also, could the screen be bigger? It is kinda hard to see when it is dark (on the game) when you have like the forums up behind the gaia town screen it is bright...and I think you get the idea...

• Making it easier to walk places than just right in front of you. Like, click on the other side of the map and that is where you will go instead of clicking a thousand times to get around a house or tree.

Suggestions

• Different song choice.

• Being able to 'lay' on the bed. 'Sit' on couches, floor pillows, beds, ect...

• Making Parks?

• Adding Flowers

• Adding Animals that just run around (Squirrels, bunnies, cats, dogs)

• Be able to change the angle that you see towns at: would be helpful for people sitting in circles to be able to see everyone's face.

• Click on a chat bubble above a person's head, and it overlaps anything else, so you can read it.

• Kiki kitties that you have equipped are able to walk behind you. (Only action of them for now?)

• Appear at door when you come into house... be able to exit through a door?
    If they don't have a door... then just come in where you do now..

• Checker/Chess boards in town centres instead of fountains

• Different town squares for each neighborhood

• More emoticons

• Be able to change hand positions in towns

• Being able to put a net over someones head so I can claim/kidnap them.

• Picking up certain items in houses. Not taking them elsewhere.

• Being able to pinpoint your friends on the navigate screen.

• Duck and Goose Symbols

• Being able to move using only the keyboard

• Macros. By typing emotions, they will appear.

• Being able to 'lock' your house

• Having lamps on and such in your house

• Having a greeting message in your home

• Online/Offline status showing if you are online/not in your home.

• You got mail, Friend, whatever. Pops up on your head

• Able to talk privately to anyone in gaia town by the friend list.

• The Battle system should combine with Gaia town

• Shop in Gaia Town

• Word history appears all the time so you can chat with a private person.

• Meeting Halls and Rec Center

• Swimming Pools

• Forests

• Beaches

• Malls

• Changing sizes of items in house to fit larger ones in

• Taking the arrows and placing them off the map. Like the main map on gaia.

• Being able to decorate the outside of houses.

• Having our own garden

• Streets and sidewalks

• It would be cool if like every month there would be a new bug and who ever finds it first,then the bug will be named after him or her.

Sample: Octobers new bug would be simple Green Beetle,but I found it so the name would be P6tu Beetle. ((Posted by P6tu))

Tutorial

So, what are gaia towns you ask? Well, I am here to tell you exactly that. With gaia towns, you can walk around different areas, catch bugs, visit others homes, talk to people, rp, chat, use sweet emotions, and a whole bunch more! When you first start off, you are in a mini 'tutorial'. Make sure that you go around to each person there and click on them. I made the mistake by following MOIRA around, thinking that she was another player and trying to communicate with her. Wow, I am truly a blonde. Anyway, make sure you read what each of them has to say. Below are some tips and helpful guides to get you through un-confused (Is that a word?) and un-troubled. So, just read and things should become clear as water and not clear as mud as they were before you read them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the first thing we must all know is, How do we get there? Well, just click on 'Map' at the top. Then, there is a 'train station' on the far right of the screen. Just click that and you will be there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When your page loads, this is what you will get at the top:

This is your settings. You can choose to have the sound on or off here. Also, altar the quality of your image.

When you are in a neighborhood, and when you click on STATUS. This is what first appears:

Towns:

What you see is who all is currently in the area. Active people that are walking around.

Friends: The same people will always appear on this list.

If the 'smiley' is lit up, then they are currently on:

If they are online, you can click on User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.then you can go to the location that they are at. NOT their house. Location.

You can only click on the house if they have a house in gaia towns. If not, then it won't work. When you click on it, you can go to their house, whether they are online or not. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It doesn't matter. But it will take you there. You can enter as many house and any ones house that you want.

When you are in a neighborhood, click on this. This will show all of 'houses' in there. You can click on one that is listed and it will take you to their house. When you first start off in the main area, this will not work. You have to be in a housing community for it to work properly.

RED: The Map, click around on it to go to other places. More info on this coming soon.

PURPLE: Emotions. Click on these and they will animate and appear over your head.

The is what happens when you click on the 'blue' tab. Your persons background turns blue. This means you can walk around and sit on the ground. Then, by clicking around on the ground, you can choose which way you are sitting. This includes the backwards feature. This is what you person and the blue person would look like if you were to 'sit' down. To get here, just click on the little blue person:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is what shows if you click on the 'yellow' tab. If you click on the right tab, that is your net. You can catch bugs that you see hopping around and sit down by clicking on the little person. You can get 10 at once. Then, you take them to the robot that is by the fountains that are in the middle of each town and then he puts them into your inventory after you talk to him and click on 'save'.

To talk to others, just type in this box and press enter. The little box to the left of it: You can see what others have said previously if you click on it.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Town In general

• How do I get to gaia towns?: Click on 'Map' above and then click on the 'train station' that is located on the right-hand side of the screen.

• When I go to the barton town map, I can't click on the train station!: All I have to tell you is to refresh. It is going to be glitch for a while until they smooth things out.

• How do I access the second 1000 zip codes?: You can sometimes. If not, click on a far-right square and then click the right arrow.

• How do I move around?: Just click somewhere and that is where you go. Unless it is like on a building. Just use your common sense. xd

• Yea, but I can't go anywhere and I am tired of just staying in one area!: Okay, at the top in the navigation bar, click on the little 'world'. Then click on a square on the map. The screen will then load and then you will be where you picked you wanted to go.

• Is there some program that I need to run the towns?: Yes, Macromedia flash player. Click here to download it.

• How do you make the screen bigger?: You will have to change your resolution. By doing that, go to your desktop and right click: Properties>Setting> And then change it! That, or just press F11 when you are in play. Then, if you cannot see the top because of an address bar or something, right click on it and uncheck it.

• I can't see the chat bar!: You can do a couple of things. One, press F11 and 'max' the screen. Two, refresh/restart and see if it is fixed. Or Three, live without it until they get that bug fixed.

• How do I sit?: Okay, on the lower-right hand side of the screen is a round bubble with two tabs (Depending on if you have the net or not) Click on the person and you will sit. It does not matter which tab you are on when you do this.

• How do I talk?: On the lower-left hand side of the screen is a white bar. Just type in it and click enter. That phrase should appear over your head, that is if there is no glitch.

• Can I do anything other than walk?: No, not at the moment.

• Can we go into other's houses?: Yes, you can go in any house that is on the current neighborhood that you are in.

Houses

• How do I put my house in the town?: Okay, well, I believe all of the spots are filled for now. But, don't worry, once is it finally released, there will more that enough room for everyone. When you are cruising the maps, you see a bunch of red houses. This means someone lives there. If they are green, no one lives there and you may go there, and put your house there. When you do, there will be a sign where your house would go, click on that and BAM, your house will be there.

• How do I get to my house?: Well, first off, you would have to have a house on the map. Then, when you click on navigation, one of the squares should be yellow. Your house is located in that neighborhood.

• How do I know where my house is?: Same as above. When you first click on the map, look around for a square that is Yellow:

• Are they getting more houses?: Yes, once it is permanently released. This is only a test so that is why there is limited housing.

After you click on it, look for a house that is yellow. It will be yours.

• Can we sit on furniture?: No, not at the moment.

• Can we go in others houses?: Yes, you can go in any ones house that you want to. And No, you cannot take anything.

• Can we do the same stuff in the houses as we do outside the houses?: Yes, emotions, walking, sitting, all the fun stuff. ^.^

• My avatar won't change!: At the moment, Towns does not continuously update to your current avatar. What shows when you're in there will likely be whatever your avatar looked like when the current version of towns was released. If it won't show up at all, or shows as a 'shadow' then you may not have saved your avatar recently before Towns was released.

• Yea, but I can't go anywhere and I am tired of just staying in one area!: Okay, at the top in the navigation bar, click on the little 'world'. Then click on a square on the map. 3nodding

• I am a shadow!?!: Okay, just calm down. There are a couple reasons why you are a shadow. 1: You have not saved recently before Towns were released. 2: One of your items that you are wearing my have a glitch. 3: There may be a ton of people online and that is just because of the overload.

• I can't see my person!: I have had this happen to me a couple of times. I would just go on over to another neighborhood and I would be normal again.

• I can't move!: Yes, this one has happened to me as well. Press F5. If you want to go back to the spot you were at, memorize where you are before pressing it.

Nets/Bugs

• How do you get the nets?: The nets can now be bought from Logan at the Fishing store in Bass'ken Lake. You can find bugs floating around on your screen in neighborhoods. NOT in the screen that you start off at. To transfer them into your inventory, you have to visit a bot at at fountain, not the one in the beginning. There isn't anything to do with the bugs yet though. That will come later. This part of Towns simply isn't fully available yet.

• Where Do I Put Bugs?!?!: Okay, just chill. When you first start out, you cannot take your bug to that robot. In each 'town' there is a middle space where there is a fountain. There, is a robot where you can take your bugs to.

• How do I put the bugs in the robot?!?: First, it has to be the correct robot. The ones by the fountains in the middle of the neighborhood. Just click on it and click 'next'. Then, the bugs are in your inventory.

• I have been trying to catch a bug and I have a net!: Okay, you have everything and are doing everything correctly. Maybe look and see if you have filled up your max of 10 bugs. wink

Advice

• If the map for you to get to the train station does not show, refresh it. Push F5.

• In the towns area, if it like 'freezes' click F5 to refresh the page. There still is a lot of bugs to be worked out and it is only in testing.

• This is getting more and more popular amongst us. So, there will be a lot of more problems.

• Clean your computers and delete any un-needed stuff. Your internet and computer will load fast and therefor preform better. Here is one way to clean your 'internet files'. Just go up to tools on this screen and click on Internet Options. Then, click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files, and Clear History. However, if you want to keep some stuff that is on your history, I would advise not cleaning it. However, it would help out a ton.

• Be patient. The admins are doing all they can to help us and to fix problems. And with the release of the Guilds and the new Forum system, they have a lot on their hands right now.

I can'ts

• I cannot fix the glitches. Please do not ask me to anymore. I can not help it more than you guys can. If I could, I would. Seriously, but I can't.

• I cannot tell you when the permanent release of the towns will be out. I myself do not know.

Reasons

• This is a TEST. And so, there will be a lot of glitches that I can not fix.

• School just got out, so, there is an overload of people on gaia now. Later towards the evening it should die down. Hopefully.

• I am assuming that the programmers didn't put much 'space' for this on their severs since this is just a test. Once it comes out for good, I am sure that they will allow more space, therefore; not so slow and glitchy. It is rumored that they only put it on one server for testing and they will put it on the rest of the servers when testing is over.

• Maybe you have a slow internet connection or you have spy ware and other junk on your computer. I would list some suggestions that I use (and are great) but I don't think I am suppose to on gaia. So, just search Google or something to find great cleaners. 3nodding
BrunoAdams
o0Kaena0o

Bugs That Have Been Found

Alright, I have been playing a while and have noticed somethings. These are also problems that others have encountered as well:

/';

• 'Green' appears around people.

• A faint line appears over my head when I am stopped somewhere. It happens sometimes, but not all the time.

• No scroll bar; therefore, difficult to see certain objects and to click on them.

• It kicks people out (including me) when going to certain areas.

• Gaia towns crashes someones browser and sometimes their computer.

• Saving ones house does not work.

• Some claim that they have 11/10 bugs.

• Kicks you back to the main screen where you start off.

• Sometimes, you cannot see what you are typing, but others can.

• Reported that people's 'chat' bar does not appear what-so-ever.

• Reported that bugs have been disappearing all over.

• Avy appears, name shows up as 'undefined'.

• When one types too fast, and then tries to open the chat box window, it stops showing what anyone is typing.

• Sometimes the page doesn't load for many

• When one clicks on an arrow, it gives them a message that they should stop playing.

• The navigation sometimes never loads.

• When one is giving their bugs to the robot, the sometimes get this message "undefined".

• Net stays on the ground where one caught a bug.

• Can't click the 'next' button on the bot by the fountain sometimes.

• Freezes up when you talk to the robot and you can't move.

• Get stuck in the upper-left hand corner of the train station. The others arent there and you can see yourself. Screenshots page 28.

Okay, these problems, I believe, are to occur when there is a ton of people online.

• Black Screen when you enter towns.

• Some Avie's are showing up as a shadowed avys.

• When trying to access a town sometimes it brings you back to the train station in Barton town. It doesn't let you go anywhere else.

• Sometimes when going to one part of the screen and coming back Rina is floating in the air. Not much to do about it but it is a bug.

• Sometimes the map of Barton town is a red x or it doesn't show up.

• When navigating zip codes from the map and clicking on one part of the town it doesn't load the town. It stays there and keeps searching for the server.

• When one clicks on 'navigate'. Nothing happens and the dot below it becomes yellow.

• The house items loads but not the background.

• It takes a while for it to load to other peoples homes. I have DSL and a new computer, so my internet speed is super fast. And, everything loads within seconds, it is just 'entering' that takes a while and seems to stall.

• Can't use arrows

• Can't leave station

• When you go somewhere, it takes you back to the station.

• Freezes, all you can do is talk. Not move.

This will be updated as I find more. If there is a glitch on here that is fixed, please inform me of it.

Concerns

• Only problem I have at all with towns is the bad placement of homes RIGHT where the arrows to the next zip are at.. Trying to move, you end up a lot of the times unable to get to an arrow.. or move back over one taking you to where you just came from due to trying to walk around a home.. ((Another user))

• Somehow fixing the screen to make it fit all peoples.

• Also, could the screen be bigger? It is kinda hard to see when it is dark (on the game) when you have like the forums up behind the gaia town screen it is bright...and I think you get the idea...

• Making it easier to walk places than just right in front of you. Like, click on the other side of the map and that is where you will go instead of clicking a thousand times to get around a house or tree.

Suggestions

• Different song choice.

• Being able to 'lay' on the bed. 'Sit' on couches, floor pillows, beds, ect...

• Making Parks?

• Adding Flowers

• Adding Animals that just run around (Squirrels, bunnies, cats, dogs)

• Be able to change the angle that you see towns at: would be helpful for people sitting in circles to be able to see everyone's face.

• Click on a chat bubble above a person's head, and it overlaps anything else, so you can read it.

• Kiki kitties that you have equipped are able to walk behind you. (Only action of them for now?)

• Appear at door when you come into house... be able to exit through a door?
    If they don't have a door... then just come in where you do now..

• Checker/Chess boards in town centres instead of fountains

• Different town squares for each neighborhood

• More emoticons

• Be able to change hand positions in towns

• Being able to put a net over someones head so I can claim/kidnap them.

• Picking up certain items in houses. Not taking them elsewhere.

• Being able to pinpoint your friends on the navigate screen.

• Duck and Goose Symbols

• Being able to move using only the keyboard

• Macros. By typing emotions, they will appear.

• Being able to 'lock' your house

• Having lamps on and such in your house

• Having a greeting message in your home

• Online/Offline status showing if you are online/not in your home.

• You got mail, Friend, whatever. Pops up on your head

• Able to talk privately to anyone in gaia town by the friend list.

• The Battle system should combine with Gaia town

• Shop in Gaia Town

• Word history appears all the time so you can chat with a private person.

• Meeting Halls and Rec Center

• Swimming Pools

• Forests

• Beaches

• Malls

• Changing sizes of items in house to fit larger ones in

• Taking the arrows and placing them off the map. Like the main map on gaia.

• Being able to decorate the outside of houses.

• Having our own garden

• Streets and sidewalks

• It would be cool if like every month there would be a new bug and who ever finds it first,then the bug will be named after him or her.

Sample: Octobers new bug would be simple Green Beetle,but I found it so the name would be P6tu Beetle. ((Posted by P6tu))

Tutorial

So, what are gaia towns you ask? Well, I am here to tell you exactly that. With gaia towns, you can walk around different areas, catch bugs, visit others homes, talk to people, rp, chat, use sweet emotions, and a whole bunch more! When you first start off, you are in a mini 'tutorial'. Make sure that you go around to each person there and click on them. I made the mistake by following MOIRA around, thinking that she was another player and trying to communicate with her. Wow, I am truly a blonde. Anyway, make sure you read what each of them has to say. Below are some tips and helpful guides to get you through un-confused (Is that a word?) and un-troubled. So, just read and things should become clear as water and not clear as mud as they were before you read them.

So, the first thing we must all know is, How do we get there? Well, just click on 'Map' at the top. Then, there is a 'train station' on the far right of the screen. Just click that and you will be there.

When your page loads, this is what you will get at the top:

This is your settings. You can choose to have the sound on or off here. Also, altar the quality of your image.

When you are in a neighborhood, and when you click on STATUS. This is what first appears:

Towns:

What you see is who all is currently in the area. Active people that are walking around.

Friends: The same people will always appear on this list.

If the 'smiley' is lit up, then they are currently on:

If they are online, you can click on User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.then you can go to the location that they are at. NOT their house. Location.

You can only click on the house if they have a house in gaia towns. If not, then it won't work. When you click on it, you can go to their house, whether they are online or not. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It doesn't matter. But it will take you there. You can enter as many house and any ones house that you want.

When you are in a neighborhood, click on this. This will show all of 'houses' in there. You can click on one that is listed and it will take you to their house. When you first start off in the main area, this will not work. You have to be in a housing community for it to work properly.

RED: The Map, click around on it to go to other places. More info on this coming soon.

PURPLE: Emotions. Click on these and they will animate and appear over your head.

The is what happens when you click on the 'blue' tab. Your persons background turns blue. This means you can walk around and sit on the ground. Then, by clicking around on the ground, you can choose which way you are sitting. This includes the backwards feature. This is what you person and the blue person would look like if you were to 'sit' down. To get here, just click on the little blue person:

This is what shows if you click on the 'yellow' tab. If you click on the right tab, that is your net. You can catch bugs that you see hopping around and sit down by clicking on the little person. You can get 10 at once. Then, you take them to the robot that is by the fountains that are in the middle of each town and then he puts them into your inventory after you talk to him and click on 'save'.

To talk to others, just type in this box and press enter. The little box to the left of it: You can see what others have said previously if you click on it.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Town In general

• How do I get to gaia towns?: Click on 'Map' above and then click on the 'train station' that is located on the right-hand side of the screen.

• When I go to the barton town map, I can't click on the train station!: All I have to tell you is to refresh. It is going to be glitch for a while until they smooth things out.

• How do I access the second 1000 zip codes?: You can sometimes. If not, click on a far-right square and then click the right arrow.

• How do I move around?: Just click somewhere and that is where you go. Unless it is like on a building. Just use your common sense. xd

• Yea, but I can't go anywhere and I am tired of just staying in one area!: Okay, at the top in the navigation bar, click on the little 'world'. Then click on a square on the map. The screen will then load and then you will be where you picked you wanted to go.

• Is there some program that I need to run the towns?: Yes, Macromedia flash player. Click here to download it.

• How do you make the screen bigger?: You will have to change your resolution. By doing that, go to your desktop and right click: Properties>Setting> And then change it! That, or just press F11 when you are in play. Then, if you cannot see the top because of an address bar or something, right click on it and uncheck it.

• I can't see the chat bar!: You can do a couple of things. One, press F11 and 'max' the screen. Two, refresh/restart and see if it is fixed. Or Three, live without it until they get that bug fixed.

• How do I sit?: Okay, on the lower-right hand side of the screen is a round bubble with two tabs (Depending on if you have the net or not) Click on the person and you will sit. It does not matter which tab you are on when you do this.

• How do I talk?: On the lower-left hand side of the screen is a white bar. Just type in it and click enter. That phrase should appear over your head, that is if there is no glitch.

• Can I do anything other than walk?: No, not at the moment.

• Can we go into other's houses?: Yes, you can go in any house that is on the current neighborhood that you are in.

Houses

• How do I put my house in the town?: Okay, well, I believe all of the spots are filled for now. But, don't worry, once is it finally released, there will more that enough room for everyone. When you are cruising the maps, you see a bunch of red houses. This means someone lives there. If they are green, no one lives there and you may go there, and put your house there. When you do, there will be a sign where your house would go, click on that and BAM, your house will be there.

• How do I get to my house?: Well, first off, you would have to have a house on the map. Then, when you click on navigation, one of the squares should be yellow. Your house is located in that neighborhood.

• How do I know where my house is?: Same as above. When you first click on the map, look around for a square that is Yellow:

• Are they getting more houses?: Yes, once it is permanently released. This is only a test so that is why there is limited housing.

After you click on it, look for a house that is yellow. It will be yours.

• Can we sit on furniture?: No, not at the moment.

• Can we go in others houses?: Yes, you can go in any ones house that you want to. And No, you cannot take anything.

• Can we do the same stuff in the houses as we do outside the houses?: Yes, emotions, walking, sitting, all the fun stuff. ^.^

• My avatar won't change!: At the moment, Towns does not continuously update to your current avatar. What shows when you're in there will likely be whatever your avatar looked like when the current version of towns was released. If it won't show up at all, or shows as a 'shadow' then you may not have saved your avatar recently before Towns was released.

• Yea, but I can't go anywhere and I am tired of just staying in one area!: Okay, at the top in the navigation bar, click on the little 'world'. Then click on a square on the map. 3nodding

• I am a shadow!?!: Okay, just calm down. There are a couple reasons why you are a shadow. 1: You have not saved recently before Towns were released. 2: One of your items that you are wearing my have a glitch. 3: There may be a ton of people online and that is just because of the overload.

• I can't see my person!: I have had this happen to me a couple of times. I would just go on over to another neighborhood and I would be normal again.

• I can't move!: Yes, this one has happened to me as well. Press F5. If you want to go back to the spot you were at, memorize where you are before pressing it.

Nets/Bugs

• How do you get the nets?: The nets can now be bought from Logan at the Fishing store in Bass'ken Lake. You can find bugs floating around on your screen in neighborhoods. NOT in the screen that you start off at. To transfer them into your inventory, you have to visit a bot at at fountain, not the one in the beginning. There isn't anything to do with the bugs yet though. That will come later. This part of Towns simply isn't fully available yet.

• Where Do I Put Bugs?!?!: Okay, just chill. When you first start out, you cannot take your bug to that robot. In each 'town' there is a middle space where there is a fountain. There, is a robot where you can take your bugs to.

• How do I put the bugs in the robot?!?: First, it has to be the correct robot. The ones by the fountains in the middle of the neighborhood. Just click on it and click 'next'. Then, the bugs are in your inventory.

• I have been trying to catch a bug and I have a net!: Okay, you have everything and are doing everything correctly. Maybe look and see if you have filled up your max of 10 bugs. wink

Advice

• If the map for you to get to the train station does not show, refresh it. Push F5.

• In the towns area, if it like 'freezes' click F5 to refresh the page. There still is a lot of bugs to be worked out and it is only in testing.

• This is getting more and more popular amongst us. So, there will be a lot of more problems.

• Clean your computers and delete any un-needed stuff. Your internet and computer will load fast and therefor preform better. Here is one way to clean your 'internet files'. Just go up to tools on this screen and click on Internet Options. Then, click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files, and Clear History. However, if you want to keep some stuff that is on your history, I would advise not cleaning it. However, it would help out a ton.

• Be patient. The admins are doing all they can to help us and to fix problems. And with the release of the Guilds and the new Forum system, they have a lot on their hands right now.

I can'ts

• I cannot fix the glitches. Please do not ask me to anymore. I can not help it more than you guys can. If I could, I would. Seriously, but I can't.

• I cannot tell you when the permanent release of the towns will be out. I myself do not know.

Reasons

• This is a TEST. And so, there will be a lot of glitches that I can not fix.

• School just got out, so, there is an overload of people on gaia now. Later towards the evening it should die down. Hopefully.

• I am assuming that the programmers didn't put much 'space' for this on their severs since this is just a test. Once it comes out for good, I am sure that they will allow more space, therefore; not so slow and glitchy. It is rumored that they only put it on one server for testing and they will put it on the rest of the servers when testing is over.

• Maybe you have a slow internet connection or you have spy ware and other junk on your computer. I would list some suggestions that I use (and are great) but I don't think I am suppose to on gaia. So, just search Google or something to find great cleaners. 3nodding

WTF? NO, There is going to be none of that now.
gonk Don't quote the first post gonk

It causes explosions... ninja
I have added the rules now. Ahem. stare
I can't leave the Train-station. I've tried all the ways, The Friend thing, Navagation, ect.
DragonFlie
Ok, I read the FAQ.
But, how do I remove my house from my current location? Is it even possible to move?

I've heard that once towns starts up again ((Where testing still.)) we'll have lost our current locations, and Naighbourhoods. Then, When it comes out and we want to move, it'll probally cost a fee.
Hi, (yes its me again xp )

I forgot to add that the guy in the armor (sorry, I am too tired to think) is comming up just as a black spot.

And the time passes VERY quikly.

When I get on at one time, it is 3 in the morning (in towns) then, five minutes later, its 12 at night!
Personally I have never liked the screen solution used for Gaia Towns and for The casino. Wouldn't it have been better if the games worked the same way ordinary webpages work? i.e that you can change the size of them yourself?
I'm not that good a programming so I don't know if this would even be possible to implement...

Lets see now... complaints and suggestions?

Well for one thing I'd recommend that the Bugboxes exist in all parts of Gaia towns and not simply in the town squares...
You see since the boxes only exist in the townsquares the squares are often flooded by as many as thirty Avi's at times. This many Avi's make everything freeze for me and probably other users as well. I can't even use the writing function when I am frozen.
Or maybe there should be a restriction to the number of users being able to log onto the same place?

Another more lighthearted function concerns the houses themselves. I'd be nice if you could actually use your bed for sleeping in it ... and other stuff.
There is a whole guide to bug catching around somewhere does anyone know where it is???

Perpetuous's Husband

Newbie Genius

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers