Welcome to Gaia! ::

Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 48 ]

My name is Danielle, I am 26 and I currently reside in Columbus, Ohio. I moved here back in November 2011 from Wisconsin and Sydney, Australia prior. I left an abusive marriage in August 2011 after six years. I used to be athletic and became severely overweight (334lbs) while in this detrimental relationship.

When I left I decided, I needed to take back my life, confidence and health. I began the P90X program, ran and did weights, totally nearly 3 hours a day. Fitness served as the one thing other than my dog that kept me alive during the most trying time in my life. Due to an event that happened in October 2011 with my ex-husband’s threats, I became homeless in order to keep my roommates safe and went to a Domestic Violence shelter. I in effect, starved and sleep deprived myself while there because mentally, I could not handle what had happened to my life. I decided my life could not remain this way, so within a short span of time, I made the decision to move. Having to give up my black labrador, Toby, was one of the hardest things in my life. He kept me going; I was feeding him even over feeding myself much of the time, because he had become the only thing that truly mattered to me.

I knew leaving Wisconsin was my last ditch effort at life. I was suicidal and alone. I was starving myself because I could barely do anything but workout. I had never been in such poverty before, unable to feed myself. I am thankful for shakeology, because when I had nothing else, I at least had my shakes, which gave me the nutrients and energy to keep going.

User Image

Despite the conditions I left in, I came to Ohio with nothing but the clothes on my back and my car and found myself in the best company I could have ever imagined. I lived on the sofa of an art friend for a few short weeks, then moved in with dad of my loving boyfriend, whom is now my husband! He, his family and both my gallery supporters and tumblr followers have helped me regain my positivity and drive; all that I had been lacking in my life.

My goal is to not only keep pushing forward toward my own goals, but also to help anyone and everyone I can get to where they want to be in their lives. I don’t want my experiences to have been for nothing; if I can save even one person from the same pain I have been through, it will all have at least felt like it was meant for something.

Through all of the hard work, discipline and dedication I have lost nearly 120lbs and counting. My husband and I have been through Insanity once and are restarting it again this Monday.

I am so in love with my life now. Everything about it and all the inspiring, beautiful individuals I get to meet on a daily basis that make it so much more fulfilling. Thank you for being here to follow my journey and allow me to help you in your own, you all mean the world to me.

Fail until you succeed and keep on rockin’ it. <3

(This was taken back in February, before I dyed my hair black)
User Image

User Image

Mega Nerd

You are beautiful and inspiring! emotion_kirakira

Partying Prophet

Oh my god... this made me cry, and realize that, what I consider to be bad problems in my life are not really that important.

You are a true inspiration for life, and someone to look up to, you survived trough all of that, and you are such a wonderful person, I don't know you for a long time, but the few times we have talked I can feel what a good person you are.
I wish all the success and a very happy life, I will work for my goals, I am truly inspired by you.
Bleikur
Oh my god... this made me cry, and realize that, what I consider to be bad problems in my life are not really that important.

You are a true inspiration for life, and someone to look up to, you survived trough all of that, and you are such a wonderful person, I don't know you for a long time, but the few times we have talked I can feel what a good person you are.
I wish all the success and a very happy life, I will work for my goals, I am truly inspired by you.

A little over a year later and I come back to find this post. You made my day, sweetie, even if it was a year in the making. heart

User Image

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
What a wonderful feel good post! (:

Girl you are beautiful inside and out <3

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
You look so much happier now!

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Well done, congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!
You've done so brilliantly and it's lovely you're using your experiences to inspire others!
congratz but the struggle is nevr over. Id say be happy with yourself anyway, life is too short

Lavish Husband

I'm so sorry about your dog. I know how horrible that's gotta be because my dog is my whole life.

There were points in my life that I'm not sure I'd be here not if it weren't for her.

I'm also very happy for you! You went the distance and you keep pushing!
I hope the rest of your life is kind to you, you've been through enough to deserve it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff