Welcome to Gaia! ::

In general, are subjective-scoring sports less popular than objective-scoring sports.
Ex: Subjective - boxing: scores are determined by the opinion of the judges
Ex: Objective - basketball - the ball either did or did not go through the net.

Aurora Jolie's Senpai

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
At the moment it's objective over subjective. There are many more stars in the objective sports. I see a bunch of commercials and ads for players of objective sports that I don't see for the subjective ones. For the casual fan I think there's a larger variety of people to root for in objective sports because there are so many players in sports like the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB.
Do you think that objective-scoring sports being more popular has anything to do with the scoring being objective?

Aurora Jolie's Senpai

Original Prophet

14,300 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Not really, boxing was huge in the past. What people find entertaining has changed. There are people who like objective sports because the results are more definitive, but I assume that's not why most people like them.

Fashionable Genius

2,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
Boxing and fighting have a different fanbase than gymnastics.
Gymnastics have a different fanbase than skateboarding.

Just that in itself discredits subjective-scoring as something that is main factors in said fandom.

With that kinda of diversity there isnt any control... or average in which to measure any sort of changes due to its subjectiveness.

They just bring different kinds of crowds all together and may be, combined, more popular than objective sports but I dont know the stats on that.
I just meant that since objective scoring cannot be argued but subjective scoring can as in boxing/mma decisions, does that turn people off from the sport therefore making it less popular?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff