Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Are you against Sopa and Pipa?

Yes 0.94736842105263 94.7% [ 18 ]
No 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]

For all of you people complaining that you are censored and saying things like this is stupid and I don't like it and please change it back. sad

This is not stupid people. This is very very real and our government in the united states wants to pass a law to do this. Sites like Pandora, Youtube, Twitter, Tumbler, Wikipedia, Google, Youtube Gaia and other sites could be shut down because some stupid goverment or entertainment person feels it's in violation of this insane new bill. We need to make them say NO.

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/ This will give a good explaination of the bill in terms we can understand.

Check out the group Anonymous as well.

Our government thinks they now whats best for us but thats far from the truth. We have to stand together and make this stop.

And for my international friends this will effect you as well so don't think it won't affect you either.

Besides this is just to show what could happen I have a feeling it's just for one day so please don't freak out. Freak out if the stupid bill passes because then Gaia will look like this all the time or worse be gone forever.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Thank you.

Anxious Fatcat

Amen brotha!

Divine Lunatic

29,475 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200

This SOPA and PIPA thing is ridiculous.
                                          It's a drawn out explanation of how the US wants to cut us off from the rest of the world.
                                          If, and only if, it gets passed, just think of what being in school will be come like. Think of how the textbooks will suddenly change.

We have to say no. This is wrong.

]

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

To be honest, if people think it's stupid, they just don't need to post on this forum section. Very simple. This is a very important matter, after all.
RandomKate
To be honest, if people think it's stupid, they just don't need to post on this forum section. Very simple. This is a very important matter, after all.

I know thats what I am trying to tell people. I haven't always been happy with Gaia changing thingss but I am 100% happy they are joining the black out today. When I saw people complaining that they want gaia back and saying it's stupid I don't think really understand that Gaia is trying to show that this is what will happen and if we don't do something about it we can kiss the internet goodbye.

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

IcicleDream
RandomKate

I know thats what I am trying to tell people. I haven't always been happy with Gaia changing thingss but I am 100% happy they are joining the black out today. When I saw people complaining that they want gaia back and saying it's stupid I don't think really understand that Gaia is trying to show that this is what will happen and if we don't do something about it we can kiss the internet goodbye.

I agree. Besides... It's for one day. If it does pass (which I doubt it will), this is what could be expected and much worse.
RandomKate
IcicleDream
RandomKate

I agree. Besides... It's for one day. If it does pass (which I doubt it will), this is what could be expected and much worse.

Yeah I know with all the hype about it and how upset it is making I think the government will see just how united we will become on these issues. What I think is dumb is that it won't even stop what they are trying to stop. Pirating and stealing will still happen and if not on the web it will happen some other way. Making bills like this will only make things worse. What I want to know what gives them the right to know what is and isn't bad? Companies already have opyright laws and places like youtube censor their own stuff anyways so having this bill doesn't make one lick of sense.
Thank you. =)

I've gotten so sick of people whining on various sites I go too that now has a censored block on it.
I think it's great that we're doing something and raising awareness.
Nehalania
Thank you. =)

I've gotten so sick of people whining on various sites I go too that now has a censored block on it.
I think it's great that we're doing something and raising awareness.

No problem and yep I feel the same way. It's only for a day but I think this day will get everyone's attention.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff