Welcome to Gaia! ::

cxilovie81
none
if you don't have anything useful to say, go away

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
Yup gotta love those trolls who say "Let's move to Canada, cause they won't be affected by the laws down here" This is just a huge world government plan to basically say to everyone in the world, "No matter what you think, there's always going to be censorship of the internet and we will make damn sure that no matter what you guys do to fight, there will always be more to take it's place".

Even though if this bill gets defeated, though the likely chance of that happening is very slim at the moment since practically no one knows that this kind of bill even exists, hell I didn't know that this bill even existed until I had to look it up through google, and lord and behold, I wasn't completely all that surprised that Canada is following on the US' footsteps by creating the same kind of bill. Which many countries are already following.
Aria_Knight_Lyrac
Yup gotta love those trolls who say "Let's move to Canada, cause they won't be affected by the laws down here" This is just a huge world government plan to basically say to everyone in the world, "No matter what you think, there's always going to be censorship of the internet and we will make damn sure that no matter what you guys do to fight, there will always be more to take it's place".

Even though if this bill gets defeated, though the likely chance of that happening is very slim at the moment since practically no one knows that this kind of bill even exists, hell I didn't know that this bill even existed until I had to look it up through google, and lord and behold, I wasn't completely all that surprised that Canada is following on the US' footsteps by creating the same kind of bill. Which many countries are already following.
To be fair, the bill is just another version of bill c-32, and has been fast tracked. I only found out this existed two days ago as well, and while I'm not surprised, I'm very disappointed in our government.

Timid Abductee

19,225 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I don't like how the entire thing looks, tbh, from what I do know about it, though I don't really like anything that might stop me from going about my buisness on the internet.

I'm mildly irritated that I didn't find out about it until a few days ago either (thanks be to tumblr), and am not terribly suprised that Harper decided to follow the US model, since that seems to be what the Conservatives like to do.
That said, I don't know too terribly much about this bill (but I'm a bit thick and it's after midnight so lolbraininganything), but did they even change too much from the last time they tried to cram this through on that Crime Omnibus bill? I don't think they did but.... sweatdrop eeeehhh.

They need to understand that there are better ways of going about to stop piracy, since this is the main reason they try to pass these damn things, or so they want us to believe, but all the other things they seem to put in with it completely kills it for me. And to be honest, the most they try to stop piracy the more it'll probably happen. If it's one thing about pirates, they are a bunch of resilliant bastards. razz

Friendly Trader

21,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Here's a petition that will really help, or at least I hope it will. Sign up guys! This needs to end already! scream

www.petitiononlinecanada.com/petition/canadians-against-bill-c11-the-copyright-modernization-act/362
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Here's a petition that will really help, or at least I hope it will. Sign up guys! This needs to end already! scream

www.petitiononlinecanada.com/petition/canadians-against-bill-c11-the-copyright-modernization-act/362
Good idea, though I think emailing our MP's and members of parliament will probably do more, a petition can't hurt! If you haven't sent a letter already, there's a link in the OP.

Friendly Trader

21,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Henrika
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Good idea, though I think emailing our MP's and members of parliament will probably do more, a petition can't hurt! If you haven't sent a letter already, there's a link in the OP.

User ImageUser Image
User Image
Thanks and I did send a letter a couple of days ago, but I'm worried anyways, so yeah, a petition can't hurt XD
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image
Thanks and I did send a letter a couple of days ago, but I'm worried anyways, so yeah, a petition can't hurt XD
From my understanding, the bill has to be edited before it can go before the commons again, so keep on the lookout for changes and be prepared to send more emails to shoot down the next versions (if they still suck)

Friendly Trader

21,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Henrika
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image
From my understanding, the bill has to be edited before it can go before the commons again, so keep on the lookout for changes and be prepared to send more emails to shoot down the next versions (if they still suck)

User ImageUser Image
User Image
Alright, will do! So that means it's not going to pass yet?
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image
I'm not that sure, all I think is that in the second reading it has to be debated before it can pass I THINK. Then it goes to a committee, and then I think it is finalized in the third reading and passed. Or not.

Friendly Trader

21,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Henrika
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
Henrika
Heaven91
User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image
User Image
I'm not that sure, all I think is that in the second reading it has to be debated before it can pass I THINK. Then it goes to a committee, and then I think it is finalized in the third reading and passed. Or not.

Huh, well alright, I just hope it doesn't pass regardless...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff