Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think my theory could be accurate?

Yes 0.12121212121212 12.1% [ 4 ]
no 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 5 ]
close 0.24242424242424 24.2% [ 8 ]
could not be more wrong 0.03030303030303 3.0% [ 1 ]
Oh s**t we are busted 0.03030303030303 3.0% [ 1 ]
You're too late to stop us *evil laugh* 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 3 ]
poll 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
< 1 2

Lonely Cat

10,200 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
o KB o
Dude that's like if someone made a stick version of you as a girl. It's an identity issue. This comic is quickly losing credibility. How can we know you know what you're talking about when you don't even know what color the President is?
User Image
i have a gender bender potion don't make me use it...

did any of my stick figures have hair? there for everyone is bald under your logic
User Image
Well Obama has pretty short hair like lots of black people anyway, so that doesn't really matter. Y'know that like, super curly chia pet looking hair that black people get? Like that.

Not like white people with straight hair, or asians with feathered hair. cool

Dapper Explorer

o KB o
Dude that's like if someone made a stick version of you as a girl. It's an identity issue. This comic is quickly losing credibility. How can we know you know what you're talking about when you don't even know what color the President is?

Dude, don't take this personally but I'm beginning to think you should go off and live in your own closet-minded world. Yay for completely missing the point. Actually, do take it personally because you're kind of outnumbered. Trolololol. Regardless, you have a right to speak like everyone else. And I respect that. 3nodding

Lonely Cat

10,200 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
sopa should stop
its all just extremely retarded crap that the government is pushing on us to become in a dictatorship. classic gov. is classic...

Durem Champion

Absol - Ruler of Chaos
Yesterday i saw a video

I'm gonna have to separate this thread I see.. First off, you should stop watching his videos. He leaves out huge points in every one of them to spread fear so people repost them. He only speaks half the truth and corrupts the masses to think like he does. Hes nothing but a misinformed (or manipulative) fear mongering youtube poster.
Quote:

that said the media instructing that are supporting sopa/pipa/acta were responsible for the root cause of piracy (the required software) in the 1st place and that got me thinking

Before you go any farther with your thinking, file sharing software isn't the cause of piracy, the user is the cause. File sharing software is made, for the purpose of file sharing, and thats perfectly legal. The big media companies have never supported piracy or taught you how too. The users took their software and used it to steal. I keep using this scenario. Lets say that someone makes a program that gives network administrators the ability to scan their network and locate any security holes. Sounds great right? Now lets say a hacker finds this tool and uses it to scan networks for security holes to exploit instead of fix. Does that make the software distributer support hacking? No. And neither does media companies support of file sharing mean they support pirating. There is a difference after all.

Quote:
the online protest last week on sopa/pipa only stopped and did not kill them it mealy slammed on the breaks it could start moving at any time if they were to kill it mid media companies would be mad so they are looking for a solution as they are between a rock and a hard place (they can pick funding or voters but not both)

Pretty much, the MPAA is really showing off its bad side right now. Beneficially however, it does allow us, the voters, to see which representatives/senators work for the people, and which ones support big businesses.

Quote:
once they kill the Internet what will there be to do for entertainment we all know how crappy TV has become and 1/3 of it is just commercials i think less than 5% is worth watching

EDIT:
Since they want to destroy the Internet how about we introduce a counter attack bill ninja
No copyright/patent all apply to digital media including but not limited to software, video, music, pictures, documents, books, and phrases

It won't destroy the internet, instead it will big it back 10-20 years where the internet is mainly used for information. I don't say this is good, because its a horrible thing, and I don't support the bills, but when people say it destroys the internet, its pretty exaggerated sweatdrop

Durem Champion

Koda Crest
Absol - Ruler of Chaos
Koda Crest
Obama did not sign the SOPA...
User Image
*points at acta*
User Image
*shrugs and nods in agreement*
Guess wikipedia needs to go dark for a week this time.
But i mean, c'mon. They killed Megaupload.
The war has begun.

Once an internet giant goes down for a first time, its a huge movement, once it goes down a second, its an annoyance. Wikipedia will never have a chance to make a move like that and have that much impact. I'm glad they did it for this cause.

Also, megaupload killed itself by rewarding people to pirate. Its owner was a career criminal, and the website promoted criminal activities. It was bound to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff