Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Strawberry

I just feel uncomfortable. It's like the layer right under my outermost layer is going stir crazy. It's under my skin and I feel like there isn't anything I can do about it. It feels like a scratch you can't find, but it's not a scratch feeling, it's almost like a "something is coming" kind of feeling, but not as in impending doom. I've never been the best at explaining myself. Maybe this isn't even the right forum.
If you have any suggestions, advice, or theories, I'd love to hear them.

Assimilated Borg

11,025 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • Hive Mind 200
Think about what has happened recently in your life that could have caused the feeling. If you can't figure out what's causing it, do not dwell on it for too long because sometimes the more you try and look for an explanation, the more frustrated you become when you realize you can't find one. Try and maybe make a list of pros and cons in your life right now and see what you feel is stable and what you feel needs to be worked on. Sometimes it's the most simplest thing that can drive you crazy, you just have to do some searching. Writing has always helped me fix my problems, but everyone has different methods. You can even try doing free writing, don't put too much thought into it, sometimes that reveals more than when you actually sit and contemplate. If all else fails, find distractions, keep yourself busy, if you start feeling this way, feel it, and then let it go. The most important thing to do is to makes sure that when the feeling does come, that you're not becoming too invested in it, but also that you're ignoring it completely.

Mejaru's Significant Otter

Tactical Snack

Hi there, I know that feeling, I feel that feeling a lot in my life, I am currently feeling that feeling, almost every day this week.

I am not a professional so take it with a grain of salt, but in my case, that feeling is a manifestation of my anxiety. It's one of the many symptoms I get when I'm experiencing a bout of anxiety. Usually, some mindful breathing exercises and meditation help get me through the situation. I generally focus on trying to pinpoint what is causing the feeling while I meditate, think about all the things going on in my life and if it doesn't create the sensation again, I move on to the next idea, and if none of them work, I try to find an area in my life that I want to improve and come up with a plan to do it.

Like I said, not a professional, but this is just how I deal with that weird impending doom skin crawly feeling.

Phantom

pandith
I just feel uncomfortable. It's like the layer right under my outermost layer is going stir crazy. It's under my skin and I feel like there isn't anything I can do about it. It feels like a scratch you can't find, but it's not a scratch feeling, it's almost like a "something is coming" kind of feeling, but not as in impending doom. I've never been the best at explaining myself. Maybe this isn't even the right forum.

Well, Bashful Strawberry, IMO, your post is not an easy one to address. I don't know how old you are, or anything about your background so I don't know enough about you to even begin to answer your issue, even though I have been through something similar in the past. Could you be suffering from angst? So many people do suffer from it to one degree or another.

Angst is a feeling of anxiety or dread. Certainly the world is messed up enough for any or all of us to be suffering from some degree of angst. If you add the stresses of everyday life which you go through personally, it makes the possibility of angst being present in your life even more possible. angst can start small, and grow as the pressures of life mount and one might not necessarily be aware of it until it reaches a certain pitch where it can't be ignored or overlooked anymore.

By the time one is aware of this feeling it is hard to trace it back to it's beginning because it has been growing slowly over time while one was not aware of it, not until it became strong enough to break through into one's consciousness. If you have a feeling of foreboding it might possibly be due to angst; but, that is not at all the only possibility, please understand that.

The only thing I can tell you that you can do is, Breathe. Breathe deeply and know that no matter what comes, you are not the only one who will be affected by it. Maybe if something does happen you and those you know who are affected can get together and do something constructive about it to make your lives better. Trust in those you love and a personal willingness to do something about an event or issue are fine antidotes to what you describe you are feeling.

Have you tried talking to someone close to you that you trust? That alone might make you feel better. Who knows, there may be other people you know who feel the same way. Even as general as this post is, I hope it helps.

Alien Lightbringer

pandith

possibly a spiritual awakening about to happen. it is a global thing. shumann frequency rising and so on. google it, it might be eye opening.
luze
pandith

possibly a spiritual awakening about to happen. it is a global thing. shumann frequency rising and so on. google it, it might be eye opening.
Look up confirmation bias, and cold readings, then slap yourself. The idea of spirituality contributes to mental illness due to neglect. The best it has done is feng shui and holy salts, which happen to reduce indoor mold, which increases the chance of an unclogged sinus, which decreases the chance of schizophrenia. Everything else is bs involving spirituality and mental health. Unless you count prayer as a relaxation therapy, and the like.

Alien Lightbringer

NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
pandith

Look up confirmation bias, and cold readings, then slap yourself. The idea of spirituality contributes to mental illness due to neglect. The best it has done is feng shui and holy salts, which happen to reduce indoor mold, which increases the chance of an unclogged sinus, which decreases the chance of schizophrenia. Everything else is bs involving spirituality and mental health. Unless you count prayer as a relaxation therapy, and the like.

just how are you so sure about that? has mankind solved all the mysteries of the universe yet to be able to confidently confirm that?
luze
NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
pandith

just how are you so sure about that? has mankind solved all the mysteries of the universe yet to be able to confidently confirm that?
So, should we believe all infinite variations that contradict versions of your idea because theres no evidence disproving any of them? Look up burden of proof.

Alien Lightbringer

NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
pandith

So, should we believe all infinite variations that contradict versions of your idea because theres no evidence disproving any of them? Look up burden of proof.

you know, if one assumes tesla and einstein were right, and the universe does consist of vibration and frequencies, then everything that exists has the capability to resonate. our emotions, thoughts, echos. you name it, the universe is indeed endless. now we just need to verify these scientists were actually right ... spirituality is scientific. we are just connecting the dots slowly because our approach is narrow minded. we = today's modern world mankind.
luze
NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
NewtonsFlamingLaserSword
luze
pandith

you know, if one assumes tesla and einstein were right, and the universe does consist of vibration and frequencies, then everything that exists has the capability to resonate. our emotions, thoughts, echos. you name it, the universe is indeed endless. now we just need to verify these scientists were actually right ... spirituality is scientific. we are just connecting the dots slowly because our approach is narrow minded. we = today's modern world mankind.
Oh, you mean the scientists that were already partially proven wrong, and a misunderstanding of their theorems? But sure, all matter vibrates, but you don't conduct vibrations through magic in space, theres no air to project sound to hit with a frequency to a specific target like sound cannons may work, it'd never work in space. Like, maybe if you used light similarly perhaps(which the earth's electromagnetic field and clouds etc would disrupt). Either way if a god or something were using that, the strings being pulled would be obvious by now. Because it'd require dozens of spaceships surrounding earth projecting light and sound very precisely, and would take more energy than reasonable. Tho that is prolly not what you meant.

Basically, the world isn't fundamentally magical, or that's what electromagnetism is, and species with life would've evolved extremely differently. Competition would cease through evolution eventually, and instead of a global extinction event, we would have some primal species monopolize the energy of the universe, and literally absorb everything, then hibernate for all eternity. So unless we are in its mind playing this conversation out, its not likely at all.

And spirituality is pseudo-scientific, common misconceptions for quantum physics happen all the time especially for wishful thinkers, its easy enough to google how they are wrong.

Elysian Dreamer

22,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
pandith

The Moon could be to blame.

It sounds silly and even stupid, but as the Magnetic fields and gravitational pulls on Earth change, so do our senses and it leaves one with an uneasy and agitated feeling that can happen for prolonged periods of time.

Alternately, if you live/work in an area where there may be, say, a power plant, or if you find yourself sitting/standing in a area near a breaker box or even an old HVAC system, the electricity around those objects can give the same sensations you described. It's a common problem among people who claim to be experiencing supernatural activity in particular, when its usually to do with the electrical in their house or something.

High-functioning Lunatic

20,940 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Rebuilder 100
pandith

This may seem offensive, but is it a drug or alcohol issue? Self abuse? I am a previous and current SI and I get those feelings quite a bit and I know my anxiety is a major cause. Besides these possible causes there could be another medical issue going on that you should have checked out. Even a few simple blood tests ie thyroid, glucose, magnesium, vitamin D, electrolyte, CRP, Iron, etc and blood pressure could be very helpful. Hopefully this feeling passes and you can find out the true cause.

Professional Loiterer

15,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
i have no suggestions but i feel the same way

i can't shake the feeling that something awful is happening or is about to happen but i don't know what it is

hard to explain
pandith

Hi there! I'd like to start by saying that this is NOT a substitute for professional help. That being said, there are a number of reasons someone can experience a feeling of impending doom. Trauma, depression, anxiety, major life changes, among a plethora of other causes. If it's causing significant distress I'd advise speaking to a professional such as a therapist or psychiatrist. If it isn't causing distress then just take solace in the fact that you're a nut jub like the rest of us! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff