Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cat

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
Giygasm
I'm a huge believer in these kinds of things and I don't believe that anyone's trying to do it to be a "special snowflake".
being a special snowflake certainly makes it much easier to accept however. Personally, its fake. What sort of application can the knowledge of this information have besides taking advantage of people who believe in it?
It depends on how the person would react to finding out that they're an indigo. If it was me, I'd think that's cool but wouldn't lose sleep over trying to save humanity and whatnot because quite frankly I don't give a damn about humanity. I'd probably be a lousy indigo. cat_rofl

Prophet

Quote:
4. Energeticly, Indigos are vibrating at a much higher frequencey so they can get scrambled by negative energy (human or machine)

To be fair, it does seem to be marked under 'Spirituality'.
Unfortunately for those of a scientific disposition, and a desire for truth over pseudoscience and myth, people need to stop thinking that spirituality is a suitable replacement for the scientific field of psychology.

Over a hundred years of discovery and research doesn't deserve to be tainted by this comforting, unscientific, romanticized explanation for common autistic traits.

Prophet

Leelahel
How humorous, considering you know nothing about me and I have done nothing to deserve this online slap in the face.

Allow me to educate you.

I am a clairvoyant, clairsentient empath. It means I can feel people's feelings, I have strong intuition. It is to the point I feel energy, entities or influences in a room. As a clairvoyant, I get certain signs or images that are pointers or warnings. I have grown up with these gifts my whole life, forced to live in the margins by people such as yourself, people who feel their personal bias and opinions are enough to stomp over those like me who have done nothing to deserve being ridiculed on an Internet forum.

Most everybody else has continued the discussion without bothering me for my belief, but you single me out like a leper for something that I don't need to prove to anybody else.

I am not a leper, I am not autistic. I am an Indigo who has been subjected to this same kind of toxicity that you are projecting out to me for no reason at all. The venom you spew out at me is unwarranted, and a projection about how you feel about yourself.

Lucky for me, I AM HAPPY and I don't need your skepticism to tell me what I am or am not.

I have no hard feelings. Go be you, but let me be me.

Being able to feel or relate with another person is a facet of what makes us human. Our similar chemistry with another individual, as well as our ability to identify with them is a fundamental part of our development as humans from an early age. There is nothing mystical about it, and we can even verify and predict the kinds of people we'd find ourselves compelled to understand. A lot of it is sociological. I would wager your 'gift' doesn't work as well in foreign countries, or around people who don't conform to your scope of experiences. Thus, a better explanation would be that while you are empathetic, any perceived 'gift' is a result of your drive to prove that you can relate.

This 'energy' you speak of. It sounds like the vague kind of energy that people who believe in mysticism also believe. Good energies, bad energies, negative and positive, angry and passive. Have you considered there might be psychological explanations for this, and that explanations for these feelings can exist without delving into the supernatural?

Auras and energies exuded by people are hard to convince skeptics of, unfortunately. They generally already have other explanations for feelings and emotions, and abstract sensations are unmeasurable and have no scientific grounding.
A few hundred years ago, man came together to write rules in which anyone could determine the 'Truth'. These were expressed in the 'Scientific Method'. The wonderful thing about the scientific method is that it will always try to determine the truth, no matter how you feel. If the truth is determined by how you feel (and the question isn't related to it), it is disregarded. The problem with your view is that your Truth cannot be proven, while mine can.

Fanatical Zealot

If there is such a thing, this seems more like an outside person's opinion than a true understanding of the subject. xP

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
I replied before but I have a new take on it. I think there are indigo children. They are not to be envied or treasured though, rather they need to breathe more easily because indigo is just not a healthy skin color. Fortunately I think most of these kids are able to breathe quite well but only turn themselves indigo when they hold their breath in a tantrum state. Indigo children are manipulative, whiny little brats.

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
AliKat1988
I replied before but I have a new take on it. I think there are indigo children. They are not to be envied or treasured though, rather they need to breathe more easily because indigo is just not a healthy skin color. Fortunately I think most of these kids are able to breathe quite well but only turn themselves indigo when they hold their breath in a tantrum state. Indigo children are manipulative, whiny little brats.

Well I guess you are right!! Been researching for it! Though researching is not that enlightening! But gotta admit that they are "whiny little brats" that's where my research leads me to!

3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces