Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lady_Vengeance-kazi
MaxweII
I think it was the choreographers fault for making her skate to this, but it was pretty bad lol than again everyone either fell or didnt do a jump loll javiers was the funniest.

javiers who? I rarely watch everyone's exhibition but I'm sure she chose to do it willingly since she prolly also performed it at the EU Championshps/nationals.
this guy http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJKYyZ0v4E javier ferandaz I never know how to spell his last name loll

Lol...oh.... then I have no more excuse for her lol

Durem Citizen

I dont care what anyone says. Sotnitkova is a joke to me. Yuna Kim should have gotten that gold medal. Yuna Kim is the gold medalist in my eyes.

Celestial Champion

Teabo Milk Tea
MaxweII
PrincessNeko
Hitachin
Yuna Kim was better but her base difficulty score was at a lower benchmark.
Sotnikova wasn't better but she accomplished more cause she had a higher base benchmark.
It's like comparing Tony Hawk pulling off a 1080 that wasn't very clean to a guy like Bob Burnquist pulling off a really clean switch fakey.

Which is fine and all…but then why was Asada's score so low? She had as many jumps (by some accounts 1 more than Sotnikova) plus she had the triple axel. True, Asada under rotated two of her other jumps, but Sotnikova completely stepped out of one. Sotnikova's score was a good 7 points over Asada's and was less than a point away from Kim's 150.06 from the 2010 score (.11 points to be exact). Bearing in mind that Yuna's performance in Vancouver didn't just hit the difficulty marks, but also came out completely clean.

I would buy the argument that Sotnikova's jumps were scored better because they were harder than Kim's, but they were not harder than Asada's program.
this, seriously.

I am getting so sick of everyone on tumblr saying adelina did the a harder program when mao's was the hardest.

what? I must be looking through different tumblr tags than you or something, because I've been seeing tumblr posts saying Mao was able to pull off 8 jumps in her program (including the triple axel) and how she should've gotten more points than Adelina.

from the 2010 Olympics, it was seen that Mao's triple axels are not worth as much as Kim's? but yeh, I agree that Mao did pull off a bunch of high-level jumps.

btw-- main reason for quoting you, it's good to see a fellow Davis student! small world smile I was thinking how many Teabos can exist in the world....
++ amazing avi, befitting of Elsa. another ice queen. 3nodding

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Lady_Vengeance-kazi
Teabo Milk Tea
MaxweII
PrincessNeko
Hitachin
Yuna Kim was better but her base difficulty score was at a lower benchmark.
Sotnikova wasn't better but she accomplished more cause she had a higher base benchmark.
It's like comparing Tony Hawk pulling off a 1080 that wasn't very clean to a guy like Bob Burnquist pulling off a really clean switch fakey.

Which is fine and all…but then why was Asada's score so low? She had as many jumps (by some accounts 1 more than Sotnikova) plus she had the triple axel. True, Asada under rotated two of her other jumps, but Sotnikova completely stepped out of one. Sotnikova's score was a good 7 points over Asada's and was less than a point away from Kim's 150.06 from the 2010 score (.11 points to be exact). Bearing in mind that Yuna's performance in Vancouver didn't just hit the difficulty marks, but also came out completely clean.

I would buy the argument that Sotnikova's jumps were scored better because they were harder than Kim's, but they were not harder than Asada's program.
this, seriously.

I am getting so sick of everyone on tumblr saying adelina did the a harder program when mao's was the hardest.

what? I must be looking through different tumblr tags than you or something, because I've been seeing tumblr posts saying Mao was able to pull off 8 jumps in her program (including the triple axel) and how she should've gotten more points than Adelina.

from the 2010 Olympics, it was seen that Mao's triple axels are not worth as much as Kim's? but yeh, I agree that Mao did pull off a bunch of high-level jumps.

btw-- main reason for quoting you, it's good to see a fellow Davis student! small world smile I was thinking how many Teabos can exist in the world....
++ amazing avi, befitting of Elsa. another ice queen. 3nodding

Kim has never been able to do triple axels, though. She just does double axels. Mao is one of only 5 women (which includes Tonya Harding, Ludmila Nelidina, Yukari Nakano, and Kimmie Meissner) who can successfully perform the triple axel because it takes a lot of lower body strength to be able to jump high enough to do 3.5 rotations required for a triple axel.

Funny thing is, if Mao hadn't under rotated one of her jumps (a triple flip-double loop-double loop combo) and changed the triple toe loop into a single toe loop at the 2010 Olympics, she might have possibly won over Yuna, since that was the same competition that Mao broke the world record for (first women to successfully pull off 3 triple axels in one competition--1 in the SP and 2 in the LP).

And thanks! smile I've only met one other Davis student on here, haha. Nice to see another Davis student.

Celestial Champion

MaxweII
Lady_Vengeance-kazi
MaxweII
I think it was the choreographers fault for making her skate to this, but it was pretty bad lol than again everyone either fell or didnt do a jump loll javiers was the funniest.

javiers who? I rarely watch everyone's exhibition but I'm sure she chose to do it willingly since she prolly also performed it at the EU Championshps/nationals.
this guy http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJKYyZ0v4E javier ferandaz I never know how to spell his last name loll

Lol...oh.... then I have no more excuse for her lol

lmao. he's quite the showman! xd there's a guy who truly appreciate his fans!
wow. i didnt paid attention to him at all 4laugh this performance is making me a fan. redface
but yeh. he did the performance months before-- so this choreography/routine was already planned.
EDIT: he doesnt beat out Johnny though xd

Hilarious Genius

1,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Whoa!
Very unexpected.
Two amazing skaters- what did they do again?
surprised neutral burning_eyes pirate rofl emo redface exclaim
Wow, I'm just surprised!!!!

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I could have done the first 2.5 minutes of that program…. seriously.
WTF RUSSIA?!
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas