Welcome to Gaia! ::

Honest opinions on the Olympics :)

Complete bull. 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Not my thing, but nothing wrong with it. 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 5 ]
Meh, I watch the finals and that's it. 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
I only watch the beach volleyball... (*******) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I kinda like it, but not a massive fan. 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 4 ]
Love it! The Olympics are great, this f*cking thread is bull. 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]

Seriously, the only thing people have been talking about on TV, online, in the papers and in real life is the Olympics and how it's 'so amazing to have them hosted for the 3rd time in London'.

'Oh my God, the Olympics are starting in (insert no. of days here)! How amazing!'
'Wow, having them hosted in our country again is such an honour, isn't it?!'
'OMG OLYMPICS R HERE GO TEAM GB!!!!1!!1 YAAY ASDFGHJKLLHBG!!!!!!1!1!!1!!!!ONE!'
User Image
Seriously, we get it. stare

But honestly, what I don't get is how is watching some over-muscled guys in Speedos jumping off a 10m platform and doing fancy tricks, women with massive camel toes run around in shrunk-in-the-wash costumes and people rowing for a few minutes is so f*cking brilliant.

Okay, I can understand about the gymnastics, because in all honestly, everyone in my house are looking at each other like this when it's on.

User Image

And another thing. Is that amount of coverage really needed for beach volleyball? I think the only people who actually watch it are those perverted guys sat at home with a face like this emotion_dowant fapping over the tiny outfits.

Plus, all of the good TV channels have been r*ped by the Olympics, so there's not even any good shows on to watch anymore. crying

In my opinion, the Olympics are pointless and generally suck a$$. -shrug-

Opinions? emotion_awesome

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Liberal Fatcat

Yeah the Olympics are a pretty big deal last time I checked. Wait it out another week to go and we go back to regularly schedule programming.

Dangerous Lunatic

Ginger Conspiracies

I see where your coming from, but who said you had to watch them? Not like they are forcing you to watch it. There are still some good channels out there to watch and if you cannot find any go look up videos on Youtube to pass the time till the Olympics is over or maybe even read a book. It is not like this is a permanent thing going on here. The rave about it will calm down soon.

This Isnt Sparta

I love that awesome cookie stealing bunny picture in your sig. biggrin
It is a big deal, mainly for small or third world countries who are being represented.
It's also hosted every four years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces