Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy holidays! Gold for you!

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 21, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

I wasn't around at this time last Christmas, and I was just wondering:

Last Christmas event they say if you donated a wrapped gift worth 500g or more you'd get a gift, depending on how much it was worth. But my question is....where did those donations go? eek Where they just taken, and just "sold" into the system as if you sold something to the store?(Which I think would have been VERY unfair) Or was there an actual huge charity that the admins set up and gave the items away to Gaians in need?

Thank you for your time. heart
They were just thrown away- but it wasn't a waist or un fair because you would get a cool item in return. xp
There is no such thing as a Gaian in need. Nobody needs pixel items, we just want them.
I'm fairly sure that, like the vials being sold for the halloween event, the gold/items traded for Christmas gifts were lost in the same way that gold/items sold to stores are.
I don't see how this is unfair.
eek I still think thats a bit unfair to those who donated an item worth a lot more than 500 to get an item (jolly shoes) probably worth less than what they gave.
yes but if you were luck you could get faiy wings blaugh

Profitable Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
JadeDragonSoul
eek I still think thats a bit unfair to those who donated an item worth a lot more than 500 to get an item (jolly shoes) probably worth less than what they gave.

it does flush excess gold out of the system though. and only those people with gold to spare bought and donated expensive items over and over again. so in a way, it helped [a *little*] to balance out the teetering Gaian economy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff