Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Hey, Just a quick bit of feedback, but I am really scared of the ramifications of the whole "Removing the skin from the losing side" plan.
It'll split the userbase.
Now I understand that people wanted to work hard to get a skin, but giving someone something, and snatching it away when/if their team loses, is incredibly bad.

Think how the losing side will feel.
They will have worked pretty darn hard on this event, only to have their main, "Hey, I was on Team X" item snatched away from them at the end, while the victors will end up feeling superior to the losers, thus creating a sort of "Better than you" feeling towards the users who lost their skin.

Unless both sides get to keep their stuff, half the userbase will end up pissed off.
And when it comes to people who might possibly donate, most likely they wouldn't, because you dangled the carrot in front of their face, and snatched it away at the last second.

Keep your users happy.
Don't take away the skin from the losing team.

11,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Hard earned? All you had to do was click a button, and poof, skinz.

Still, it does seem a little unfair.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Yulister
Hard earned? All you had to do was click a button, and poof, skinz.

Still, it does seem a little unfair.

Ah, but as it stands, you have to win the event to keep your skin.
That's where the whole "Hard Earned" deal comes into play.

People will spend hours raising their team's points, and then all that work will be for naught if their team loses, and "poof, no skinz"
I have a hunch everyone is going to keep the skins, regarding what the outcome will be after the event.
I agree. Although this might be a play on words from Gaia or at least i am hoping it is.

You see if in the end both teams win by becoming allies again or something gay like that then basicly everyone keeps their stuff.

Isn't that what happened last year?
My memory is a little fuzzy. But anyways i HOPE that my theory is correct.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
I-IeLLen In VVonDerLand
I agree. Although this might be a play on words from Gaia or at least i am hoping it is.

You see if in the end both teams win by becoming allies again or something gay like that then basicly everyone keeps their stuff.

I hope so.
but still.

How can "LOSERS DONT GET THEIR SKIN" be considered a play on words. D:
im on the bandwagon of "if you win, you keep your skin. if you lose, it gets taken away and you have to pay for it at Skin Tyte if you want it back"
I-IeLLen In VVonDerLand

Yeah, something like that happened last year when they realized that the real threat was all the enemies from the new zOMG game. I could see something like that happening here, the Overseer goes and talks to Sentinel herself and they work things out.

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Zered Heizien
im on the bandwagon of "if you win, you keep your skin. if you lose, it gets taken away and you have to pay for it at Skin Tyte if you want it back"

That's just it.
What if they don't do that.
Teh Savior
Zered Heizien

That's just it.

then Gaia needs to prepare for the massive shitstorm that will take place.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I-IeLLen In VVonDerLand

They did all become friends at the end, but I don't think there was ever the idea of "only the winners keep their items". And IIRC you could change sides last year if you wanted and still keep all the items you previously earned. So I'm not sure if that applies to this year.

However, if the 2 sides join together and become friends then everyone "wins" and no one "loses" so the winners could keep their skins (which would just be everyone that participated).

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Zered Heizien
Teh Savior
Zered Heizien

That's just it.

then Gaia needs to prepare for the massive shitstorm that will take place.

Which is precisely why I made this thread.
If nobody at their HQ realized how much of a BAD IDEA what they did was, then, well.
Nothing can really be said.

Assimilated Wolf

Zered Heizien

I'll be fine if that's what they have in mind.
i dont have my skin anymore cuz it got taken from the other side :/

Lunatic

Controlled by these sweet phantasms, from my five fingers blooms my melody...
The sound of a crimson, I tease and gouge them deep into the neck...

It's happening again... it's so fun... so fun...
(So sweet! So sweet!! )

If they're really planning on this, then I worry for Gaia.

Users will get SERIOUSLY pissed.

(So red! So red!!)
Finally my wish... it's so fun... so fun...

The tone of screams coming from your desiccating throat, the melody that becomes a rainbow of vermilion...
This hue from slaughtering you, what a sweet deep color it releases!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff