Welcome to Gaia! ::

This may already be avalible although I can't find it, but I would like to stop people being able to read all the posts I make. I think that when you change your profile you should be able to select whether or not people can view your posts and read them. It should be like displaying your sig: On, Off, or only avalible to pals. I would like this idea to be worked on
What do you think?
You're posting in public forums. There is no reason under the sun that viewing your posts could or should be restricted. wink
Jeseia Moretia
You're posting in public forums. There is no reason under the sun that viewing your posts could or should be restricted. wink

I mean like, when people click on "read all posts by Somerandomperson" it would only be avalible if you wish it so. I dunno why but i'd like that choice of controll. Why would people want to read all posts by you anyway. You're absolutely right with the "public forums" thing, but I dont see why people should view ALL the posts you make if they want.
meh, I guess this is just a personal thing. I just think it should be something you controlled, like recieving PMs or displaying your sig... ahhh well. thanks for ur time, folks! biggrin
People use post histories to determine whether to donate to a person, whether to trust them in the exchange, to determine whether they are what some people deem "literate," (a lot of guilds would have issues with not being able to see that)...there are a million and one things a normal user accesses the egosearch for.

And that's not even counting what the mods use it for!

11,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
well if your that worried dont post what you wouldnt want other users reading lol
I understood what you said the 1st time. I know where you're comming from. I still just dont get why other gaias need to access all the posts you make. Of course the mods can access it and stuff, just not "members of the public". But its clear your point is much better than mine lol! It was just a suggestion I thought of and would like!
Queen_Of_Angels
well if your that worried dont post what you wouldnt want other users reading lol

lol I was waiting for that! I was waiting for a kind of "you have something to hide" suggestion! Lol!
Quote:
I still just dont get why other gaias need to access all the posts you make.

That's what I was explaining in my last post. People do have practical reasons, and it would make a lot of charities and roleplay threads/guilds have a lot of issues with their membership to not be able to see post history.

Also could you try to keep all your comments to one post? Just a suggestion.
^^^^^ Also could you try to keep all your comments to one post? Just a suggestion

Thats a v good suggestion actually, however there is the problem with the comments not reflecting the forum in which they're posted. I know some people dislike that. However, thank you, thats a v good idea

11,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Prof_Snape
Queen_Of_Angels

lol I was waiting for that! I was waiting for a kind of "you have something to hide" suggestion! Lol!
well im guessing you do o.O
Queen_Of_Angels
Prof_Snape
Queen_Of_Angels

well im guessing you do o.O

no i dont, i mean, by all means read the posts i've made and you'll find nothing bad, I just think I should choose who does read em

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff