Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia hates non US residents?

yes 1 100.0% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
1 2 3 >

I live in europe... and eventhough i get 3 options to watch videos for free gaia cash, NONE of these options work. The only one that did work was the bluenoodle one, but as of today that option has been removed.

The ones i see are:

View SocialVibe Activities (Complete these brand activities to earn Gaia Cash!)
Result: popup with the following message: "Daily offer limit reached. Try again tomorrow!"
However, today, i haven't been able to claim nor watch any of the offers yet.

View PaymentWall Videos (Be rewarded periodically as you completely watch videos. Come back often as videos become available)
Result: popup with the following message: "We are sorry, but this offer is not available in your country.Please try another offer. "

View Volume11 Videos (Watch these short videos and earn Gaia Cash.)
Result: popup with the following message: "Sorry, we are all out of videos today. Check back tomorrow! "

This all is VERY annoying.. .gaia PLEASE fix this asap.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I'm in California and none of the offers ever work. sweatdrop Dont feel too bad you're in a different country.
Have you tried any videos not from the tree? Out of curiosity more than anything.
Idia
Have you tried any videos not from the tree? Out of curiosity more than anything.

i went to http://www.gaiaonline.com/offers? and tried multiple videos there.
The only one that ever worked fine was the bluenoodle one. The rest has always had unexpected and unsatisfying results.
They removed the Blue Noodle videos (no 1 week advance warning) and those were the only ones that worked for me. The Payment Wall videos are USA only the top one is blocked by my pop up blocker and the V11 one is out of offers.

What I CAN do is sign up for Weighwatchers for a socalled free trial, but after a week I'll automatically be paying 60 euros every 3 months lol I don't think so.

Every new sponsor Gaia's come up with lately has been USA only. Now the Wii. Last week FMA brotherhood and the Payment Wall videos.

Shameless Nerd

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/17/investor-immorality-blue-noodle/

Gaia may or may have not had a lot of advance warning on dealing with Blue Noodle. Along with the issue of taking it day might have had issue's with other cash offers.

The other issue is that Gaia is an American based company, meaning it has to work within those limitations, the limitations in the international market, and so fourth. Keeping in legal business means more as a company than breaking laws. Gaia does not hate international users, nor do they not want your money which they do want, but Gaia is an American business and has to follow American laws.

LanyaD's Husband

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
I'm pretty much having some trouble with the tree too. I do live in the US and the offers have gotten limited and the tree refuses to go away. glitch perhaps?

Newbie Noob

6,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Quibuz
I live in europe... and eventhough i get 3 options to watch videos for free gaia cash, NONE of these options work. The only one that did work was the bluenoodle one, but as of today that option has been removed.

The ones i see are:

View SocialVibe Activities (Complete these brand activities to earn Gaia Cash!)
Result: popup with the following message: "Daily offer limit reached. Try again tomorrow!"
However, today, i haven't been able to claim nor watch any of the offers yet.

View PaymentWall Videos (Be rewarded periodically as you completely watch videos. Come back often as videos become available)
Result: popup with the following message: "We are sorry, but this offer is not available in your country.Please try another offer. "

View Volume11 Videos (Watch these short videos and earn Gaia Cash.)
Result: popup with the following message: "Sorry, we are all out of videos today. Check back tomorrow! "

This all is VERY annoying.. .gaia PLEASE fix this asap.
it happened to me too
tot it was just me who got this

In a relationship with PoshuI

Little Scorpius
They removed the Blue Noodle videos (no 1 week advance warning) and those were the only ones that worked for me. The Payment Wall videos are USA only the top one is blocked by my pop up blocker and the V11 one is out of offers.

What I CAN do is sign up for Weighwatchers for a socalled free trial, but after a week I'll automatically be paying 60 euros every 3 months lol I don't think so.

Every new sponsor Gaia's come up with lately has been USA only. Now the Wii. Last week FMA brotherhood and the Payment Wall videos.

The Wii contest is open to everyone from all countries.

In a relationship with PoshuI

dreamsk
I'm in California and none of the offers ever work. sweatdrop Dont feel too bad you're in a different country.

This. Since a long time back I have heard of quite a lot of US Gaians who can't use the offers even though they are in the US so it's not just an international user issue.

Also, have you ever thought that maybe your country has laws that prohibit you from viewing those offers? Gaia doesn't just restrict things for no reason and in this case, it isn't even them who is doing it, it is the company that puts up those offers. If you want to know why Payment Wall is US only, I suggest you go ask them.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

19,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Party Animal 100
I'm in Canada, and the other mini-offers have almost never worked for me. It's really too bad about the blue noodle. I was only two days of clicking away from being able to get a letter this month. u.u
i'm glad to read that i'm not the only one with this issue. What strikes me most is that gaia claims to be against censorship and such as long as the PG-13 rules are being used. However gaia seems to be more tollerant towards discrimination when it's about MONEY. Sure... they accept it from anyone, but they hand it out for free to US residents only. We had to deal with SOPA. Has it become GOPA now???

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Quibuz
i'm glad to read that i'm not the only one with this issue. What strikes me most is that gaia claims to be against censorship and such as long as the PG-13 rules are being used. However gaia seems to be more tollerant towards discrimination when it's about MONEY. Sure... they accept it from anyone, but they hand it out for free to US residents only. We had to deal with SOPA. Has it become GOPA now???
Censorship and international advertisement (or whatever) are two entirely unrelated things.

Timid Cat

15,225 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The vodka ad with the fireman and the little kitten works, if they think you're old enough to watch it. I actually enjoyed that one. I could watch that one again.

p.s. Found it on Youtube

Enabler

9,250 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Quibuz

except there are a lot of US residents who are experiencing the same issue if you read through everyone's post. it's not just a country discrimination thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff