Welcome to Gaia! ::

nuGen Staff Survivor

What about fighting sponsorship monsters in Barton's Arena?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Phantom Avenger
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll add this idea to my opening post.
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Phantom Avenger

Yes, because we are all so looking forward to fighting the playtex sport tampon monster XD

Though some of the video game sponsor monsters would be ok XD (or maybe the transformers monster?)

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Luste
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Phantom Avenger

Yes, because we are all so looking forward to fighting the playtex sport tampon monster XD

Though some of the video game sponsor monsters would be ok XD (or maybe the transformers monster?)
We'll get to fight it once a month. rofl
★ @Luste: I think a tampon monster would be hilarious! XD

@topic: I only hope that if zOMG! ends up being a big money maker, that Gaia doesn't go overboard with it. I mean, Gaia saw that making CS items brings in quite a nice chunk of change, and now most users are overloaded with the amount of CS items Gaia releases.

The worst case scenario would be that you would have to pay Cash to go into new worlds, like some of those "free" MMOs out there. I can't speak for everyone, but that would make me put zOMG! down and never touch it again.
★

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Lady Kayura
Nyadriel

(dungeon? )

I thought you were old enough to know that the old school term for an instance was a dungeon.

Oh, sorry. I guess I am using old-people terminology ^_^
Yes, I meant instance ^_^
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Thisthisthis!

I would love to see more power-ups, for one thing. D:
What would the powerups do?

There's not really any need in zOMG! for more power-ups. The game is already a walk in the park.

Double Gold version of the orb doubler.

Null crystals, where you can drop one wherever you are, use it to hop back to the null chamber, and then go back through the portal (and then the portal disappears. I totally stole the idea from the game Fate).

Extra ring slot power up (60 minutes for one use, after that, the 9th slot fades out). Balance is definitely a concern here, but stamina plays a role in moderating that.

there is already something 4 that aabout gold, is called fortune ring (ar something like that)
and that extra slot idea is kinda great, but the recrewt and the caracter info pannels should de re-disigned.
Miakayuuki78
Lady Kayura
Nyadriel

(dungeon? )

I thought you were old enough to know that the old school term for an instance was a dungeon.

Oh, sorry. I guess I am using old-people terminology ^_^
Yes, I meant instance ^_^

dungeons? (oh, well, instance) mmm... i think the ss can be a dungeon (ha) somehow, but game could have more. also, remember the update is in progress, u can see it when u enter ss
K r a z y k a t
★ @Luste: I think a tampon monster would be hilarious! XD

@topic: I only hope that if zOMG! ends up being a big money maker, that Gaia doesn't go overboard with it. I mean, Gaia saw that making CS items brings in quite a nice chunk of change, and now most users are overloaded with the amount of CS items Gaia releases.

The worst case scenario would be that you would have to pay Cash to go into new worlds, like some of those "free" MMOs out there. I can't speak for everyone, but that would make me put zOMG! down and never touch it again.
★

i agree. paying 4 going to new worlds is like patying to go to another city, is stupid

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
Mizzlamiz's idea of having the emotes/ring effects from in the game available as animated items for our avis is simply an amazing one. I can't say I 'd use all of the emotes/effects... but some of them would be great. smile

And would have the side benefit of indirectly advertising the game, too. smile

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
rimedragona
Mizzlamiz's idea of having the emotes/ring effects from in the game available as animated items for our avis is simply an amazing one. I can't say I 'd use all of the emotes/effects... but some of them would be great. smile

And would have the side benefit of indirectly advertising the game, too. smile

Why ty smile

Someone made a point about them being difficult to implement though, and we're needing quick moneymaking schemes.

I would've thought that the animation was already there and needed to be resized and made into an item but meh wink

Phantom Avenger

Awesome idea! Arena's got to be finished first though.
omg I can just see strawberry shortcake using her hat as a boomerang. Trouble however, would be the need to make animations for the sponsors which would only be needed for a few weeks. Still, pretty amazing idea if it can be implemented biggrin

NEW IDEAS
Add sponsorship FLAGS to walls and things.
Have a sponsor painted into the sand on GB.
Flags with the name of a company hanging off of the outside walls of barton town.

Sponsor quests would be easy to implement as well- have a sponsor NPC telling you to do something instead of say the surfer dudes. "Fetch me 20 synthetic fibres so that I can make a tampon with it" etc wink

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
II-Dai-II
I agree with this and would like to add that once you get a ring all the way up to 10.0 that you can spend a certain number of orbs to turn it into a completely new ring (a higher form of the one that got leveled up) that starts out with stats less than the maxed out original but over time would become more powerful than the original. Just gives users more to do then "oh I maxed out another ring.... yay...."
Once new areas are released, you'll be able to level your rings up passed 10. Just gotta be patient.

We dont know how though... or do we think it is just a continuation of what we are doing now?
Spending orbs the way Dai suggested would be really cool.

@ Dai: supposedly we will be able to spend orbs. There are people with thousands of them!

@rimedragona: I hate animated things in the forums. They are not kind to my computer. But I suppose you are right. It would peak the interest of newbies that dont know about the game yet - provided somebody is actually wearing it when a newbie sees your avatar.
@ Mizzlamiz: I worry about database mix-ups. But then I am paranoid like that. You know how difficult technology can be sometimes.

@Miakayuuki78: I used to play AD&D. I have a different perspective on dungeons. blaugh
"it was a dark and dreary cave... beneath a castle once lived in by a ..."
I was a novice at the time and had to quit after about a couple of years because getting to a friend's house was getting ridiculous, fuel-wise.

@ coloicito: they are proposing the idea of buying a ticket to be the among the first into Boardwalk.

As far as advertising is concerned, quick fixes are maybe good. But what we need are things that are long-term. iIs why my Cash Card idea since they could add recipes for various things to be made cycled up and changed over from time to time. If they used it to advertise the site and zOMG on the same card...

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Nyadriel

@rimedragona: I hate animated things in the forums. They are not kind to my computer. But I suppose you are right. It would peak the interest of newbies that dont know about the game yet - provided somebody is actually wearing it when a newbie sees your avatar.
@ Mizzlamiz: I worry about database mix-ups. But then I am paranoid like that. You know how difficult technology can be sometimes.
@ coloicito: they are proposing the idea of buying a ticket to be the among the first into Boardwalk.

As far as advertising is concerned, quick fixes are maybe good. But what we need are things that are long-term. iIs why my Cash Card idea since they could add recipes for various things to be made cycled up and changed over from time to time. If they used it to advertise the site and zOMG on the same card...

Isn't there a way to disable animated things in the forum? neutral I'm surprised at that.

What database mixups? *feels a bit dim*
Technology can be very ickybleh I agree though.

I'd be tempted to buy that ticket more for the novelty than anything else xD They'd probably release a few at a time or something so I wouldn't get one... I'd be more tempted to buy it to sell for mucho gold come to think of it...

Quick fixes are what we need at the moment, something to show that zOMG CAN be profitable, and implement a few long term things when there's a little bit more money going in. *opinion only*
I agree with the zOMG on cash cards. would be good.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Mizzlamiz
Nyadriel

Isn't there a way to disable animated things in the forum? neutral I'm surprised at that.

What database mixups? *feels a bit dim*
Technology can be very ickybleh I agree though.

I'd be tempted to buy that ticket more for the novelty than anything else xD They'd probably release a few at a time or something so I wouldn't get one... I'd be more tempted to buy it to sell for mucho gold come to think of it...

Quick fixes are what we need at the moment, something to show that zOMG CAN be profitable, and implement a few long term things when there's a little bit more money going in. *opinion only*
I agree with the zOMG on cash cards. would be good.

@ boldened: yeah there is. But not everyone is gonna know that right away (specially newbies)

Glad you like my CC idea. 3nodding
I hope they will too.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I agree with most of the things you said. Also, it would be a good way to promote zOMG by tying together the zOMG plot with the rest of the site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff