Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

Can we PLEASE get an option to tip up to at least 5k with different amount options?
25g is nothing in tips. I love tipping people that give me a good laugh.
Show this thread support and complain with me exclaim

Not saying 5k should be the limit on tipping. If anything, at least 500g should be a nice amount to tip to other users, with options of how much of course.

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
I see no need for this. Gold is terribly easy to make, and 25g is perfect for what it is: a tip.

You wouldn't give your waiter 500 dollars extra just because he gave you good service, would you?

Noob

A Fallen Virtue
I see no need for this. Gold is terribly easy to make, and 25g is perfect for what it is: a tip.

You wouldn't give your waiter 500 dollars extra just because he gave you good service, would you?
This is gaia, not real life. I like giving people gold because i have the gold to do so. I hang out in the Chatterbox all the time and I see a LOT of funny and amazing posts and I want to give more than just 25g for entertaining me...
And why are you arguing with such a petty amount that I'm asking for? CI's and REI's, etc, are a gold sink on this site. Tipping a little extra for good posts shouldn't make a difference.

Invisible Gaian

20,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
it isn't intended as a way to pay someone for their posts, but just kind of a monetary appreciation thing. If you could tip larger amounts then it could potentially be abused to shift money to an account without permission (trades require acceptance and gifts can be turned off.)

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

This is gaia, not real life. I like giving people gold because i have the gold to do so. I hang out in the Chatterbox all the time and I see a LOT of funny and amazing posts and I want to give more than just 25g for entertaining me...
And why are you arguing with such a petty amount that I'm asking for? CI's and REI's, etc, are a gold sink on this site. Tipping a little extra for good posts shouldn't make a difference.
I'm arguing because I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that the decreased difficulty of gold earning is one reason why we have so much inflation in the MP, and that it'd only get worse if we could just shell out 5k for every amusing post we found.

Or I could be just paranoid. I just see it ending badly, that's all.

Noob

A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

I'm arguing because I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that the decreased difficulty of gold earning is one reason why we have so much inflation in the MP, and that it'd only get worse if we could just shell out 5k for every amusing post we found.

then tell gaia to stop making so many items lol
i mainly make my gold from posting and receiving gifts that i sell. it's also a pain to start up a trade for a small amount of gold :
I'm not saying 5k should be the limit, but there should be more than just 25g for tips. It's crap.

Noob

OddBird
it isn't intended as a way to pay someone for their posts, but just kind of a monetary appreciation thing. If you could tip larger amounts then it could potentially be abused to shift money to an account without permission (trades require acceptance and gifts can be turned off.)
I'm not saying that 5k should be the limit for tips but there should be some alterations done. maybe even 500 max for a tip would be nice. I might just be taking it a bit far since I have a bit too much gold myself lol

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

i mainly make my gold from posting and receiving gifts that i sell. it's also a pain to start up a trade for a small amount of gold :
Believe me, I'd love to tell them to stop, but there's too many people on this site that'd attack them with torches and pitchforks if it were to happen. I for one am getting tired of losing track of Gaia's items, but that's a rant for another day.

It's a pain, but like it's been said, 25g is enough for a small acknowledgement. if you want send more that badly, then stick with trading.

Noob

A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

Believe me, I'd love to tell them to stop, but there's too many people on this site that'd attack them with torches and pitchforks if it were to happen. I for one am getting tired of losing track of Gaia's items, but that's a rant for another day.

It's a pain, but like it's been said, 25g is enough for a small acknowledgement. if you want send more that badly, then stick with trading.

trading for such a petty amount is really stupid though.

Enduring Survivor

10,150 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Survivor 150
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

trading for such a petty amount is really stupid though.
Trading someone 5k for making you laugh isn't that smart either, but it's my opinion on the matter.

Noob

A Fallen Virtue
you have no idea what i get in the chatterbox for making people laugh lol

Newbie Noob

Cluttered Cat

14,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 1 Win 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Maybe they could have different tip buttons, like:

tip (25 gold)
Big tip (100 gold)
Super tip (1000 gold)

But then people might complain they were hitting the wrong button by mistake smile

Another thing I just thought of -- Super tips might be used as a way to sneak gold around from one account to another, so maybe they wouldn't do it for that reason.

Shirtless Powerhouse

A Fallen Virtue
I AM A VERY HAIRY MAN
A Fallen Virtue

Tipping doesn't generate new gold, though. This would actually be good for the economy, as it would move more gold around, circulate more of it.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
A Fallen Virtue

No, but I've given a 50% tip before, to someone who was really awesome and needed the money more than me.

On topic, I'd love this option!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces