• Invisibility 100
CherryblossomGoodbye
Tadashiini
CherryblossomGoodbye
Tadashiini
CherryblossomGoodbye
Tadashiini
OMGWTFBBQHAX

Yeah, I was getting tired of being just a medic after watching all my patients die.. so I got 100 kills. In that time, I got thousands of points and almost effortlessly. I was just freaked out because Cherry was saying they got 6 attacks per boss and if every Angel got that many.. omg.. that'd break this event. I think both sides are being prejudice maybe. I see the hospital getting bombed and feel like we're under attack by bloodthirsty Angels and then we turn around and do the same thing because "Righteous Judgement" etc.

I wonder what gaia would do if we called a truce mid-war and got everyone to just stick to healing wink

Wait, is that seriously how it is? Demons don't have 6 attacks? emotion_0A0 I thought they upped it for everyone...
You're the first person I've heard of having more than 3.

...uh... did mine just glitch? It's been like that since yesterday. I thought they upped it so I never bothered to ask anybody on it. It's still 3 against other players, it's only against bosses that it went up to 6 but... crap. Now I'm not sure. emotion_facepalm
I understand what you're saying but I don't think anyone else gets 6 attacks vs bosses. That means you have to use less stamina potions to beat the bosses as well.. Jeez. You're OP! D:

I asked about it in the halloween event forum, apparently it's the advocate hat that grants you extra moves against the boss.
... emotion_eyebrow Alright then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Star-Crossed Gentleman

60,675 Points
  • Tree of Life 500
  • A True Gentleman 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Tadashiini
CherryblossomGoodbye
Tadashiini
CherryblossomGoodbye
Tadashiini
You're the first person I've heard of having more than 3.

...uh... did mine just glitch? It's been like that since yesterday. I thought they upped it so I never bothered to ask anybody on it. It's still 3 against other players, it's only against bosses that it went up to 6 but... crap. Now I'm not sure. emotion_facepalm
I understand what you're saying but I don't think anyone else gets 6 attacks vs bosses. That means you have to use less stamina potions to beat the bosses as well.. Jeez. You're OP! D:

I asked about it in the halloween event forum, apparently it's the advocate hat that grants you extra moves against the boss.
... emotion_eyebrow Alright then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well I hope that's what it is, that seems to be the popular answer anyway. sweatdrop No problem! heart

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Tadashiini
Yeah, I was getting tired of being just a medic after watching all my patients die.. so I got 100 kills. In that time, I got thousands of points and almost effortlessly. I was just freaked out because Cherry was saying they got 6 attacks per boss and if every Angel got that many.. omg.. that'd break this event. I think both sides are being prejudice maybe. I see the hospital getting bombed and feel like we're under attack by bloodthirsty Angels and then we turn around and do the same thing because "Righteous Judgement" etc.

I wonder what gaia would do if we called a truce mid-war and got everyone to just stick to healing wink

To be honest, I think picking sides had having to win is purely an individual decision. I joined the Angel side because I knew we'd be the minority - and that means more targets to attack and kill and get my achievements with. Once I got my achievements, I continued attacking and killing, not because I wanted us to win, but because the other forums are slow and I was bored. Healing's boring. I need action.

"Safe-zones" are that great risk to have in an event forum where there are no actual camp subforums. It's like painting a target on your back and going, "HEY HEY LOOK AT THIS WE'RE ALL DYING OVER HERE AND EASY PREY HEY!" There's no such thing as a "Safe-zone" - the moment you post, you're a target. I've actually stayed alive longer not posting in any of those medic things and slaughtering everything I see with low HP, whatever thread it is (I don't even read the titles, come to think of it). In fact, in a war, it's the suppliers and the medics which you should eliminate first. Without them, their course of action would be cut off, since there's no more aid going to them. This is when we swoop in, corner them, and destroy them.

I'm pretty sure the devs aren't going to give anyone extra moves. It's unnecessary if we only took some time figuring out how to go about it and play. I landed all achievements before the fix.

Of course, there should be some tweaking required to help the weaker players since we're not in an actual MMO, and this is a forum event. Not everyone's mentally built for combat, after all. It should be fun for them too.

I don't know what Gaia would do about a truce, but I'd go crazy emotion_zombie Tf I could attack everyone on both teams, I would. That event where I got to attack and kill everyone around was the best cry Why don't we have that sorta thing anymore

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
BOMB4Y
Tadashiini

To be honest, I think picking sides had having to win is purely an individual decision. I joined the Angel side because I knew we'd be the minority - and that means more targets to attack and kill and get my achievements with. Once I got my achievements, I continued attacking and killing, not because I wanted us to win, but because the other forums are slow and I was bored. Healing's boring. I need action.

"Safe-zones" are that great risk to have in an event forum where there are no actual camp subforums. It's like painting a target on your back and going, "HEY HEY LOOK AT THIS WE'RE ALL DYING OVER HERE AND EASY PREY HEY!" There's no such thing as a "Safe-zone" - the moment you post, you're a target. I've actually stayed alive longer not posting in any of those medic things and slaughtering everything I see with low HP, whatever thread it is (I don't even read the titles, come to think of it). In fact, in a war, it's the suppliers and the medics which you should eliminate first. Without them, their course of action would be cut off, since there's no more aid going to them. This is when we swoop in, corner them, and destroy them.

I'm pretty sure the devs aren't going to give anyone extra moves. It's unnecessary if we only took some time figuring out how to go about it and play. I landed all achievements before the fix.

Of course, there should be some tweaking required to help the weaker players since we're not in an actual MMO, and this is a forum event. Not everyone's mentally built for combat, after all. It should be fun for them too.

I don't know what Gaia would do about a truce, but I'd go crazy emotion_zombie Tf I could attack everyone on both teams, I would. That event where I got to attack and kill everyone around was the best cry Why don't we have that sorta thing anymore
lol While I can admire your drive..

"In fact, in a war, it's the suppliers and the medics which you should eliminate first."
This would be a good tactic, unfortunately the entire world frowns upon this tactic because a medic will heal anyone. Friend or Foe. A medic irl isn't allowed to fight in a war and is only allowed to help people. Therefore, killing a medic is considered a war crime and can turn the entire world against you for doing it. Fortunately, this is just a forum game. I wonder how many people would kill so indiscriminately irl if they were allowed to.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Tadashiini
This would be a good tactic, unfortunately the entire world frowns upon this tactic because a medic will heal anyone. Friend or Foe. A medic irl isn't allowed to fight in a war and is only allowed to help people. Therefore, killing a medic is considered a war crime and can turn the entire world against you for doing it. Fortunately, this is just a forum game. I wonder how many people would kill so indiscriminately irl if they were allowed to.
We've already been killing indiscriminately irl as it is, unfortunately.

If I remember right, folk dropped bombs on civilians, medical facilities and hospitals during both world wars. In the Iraqi war about two decades ago, the US/Allied forces actually bombed a few hospitals across Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, and Iraq, and that was knowingly done against the Geneva Convention. Many people are aware of the repercussions of doing so, but that's all speaking hypothetically until an actual war comes along.

I feel that a medic would understand that once we've decided to help in war, we're risking our life to help save that of others, and become subject to circumstances. "Allowed to" is a very loose statement in times of war. In a bid to win and survive in a conflict, what the world thinks eventually stops mattering. It's also the same reason why certain civilian casualties are deemed "necessary" when they happen to be within vicinity of a concentration of a lot of enemy targets. It's inhumane, it's cruel - but nobody can run away from that reality. I don't think most of us realize how we've been living in a bubble of security while these things have been done for us, by troops we're not part of. That's why it's so easy for us to condemn them for doing it.

There is no such thing as morality in war. War itself is immoral and should never have been. Life is sacred, so saying, "it's fine to kill X and not fine to kill Y because killing Y wrong" is, quite frankly, double-standards. It's wrong to kill anyone at all. "Killing a soldier is acceptable while killing a medic is not because one helps people": these are just ideals our warped sense of morality has made us come up with, to make us feel better about ourselves for allowing people to kill and die for our sakes. It's so flawed, it's borderline hypocritical. A medic is no different from a soldier; both are alive, both are human. When we've chosen to condone murder, we've chosen to condone murder. That's really it. The only right way is to not condone murder at all. Watering down transgressions don't change the fact that they are transgressions.

Anyway, all that off-topic stuff aside, in a forum game, a self-proclaimed medic can only choose to heal their own kind, and they're able to attack an enemy. We're allowed to attack back, in fact, encouraged to, what with the Last Killed/Attacked links. It's a game that actively encourages you to attack more, after all. I wasn't really arsed when campers killed me over and over again. I just sorta realized it was dumb to post there and stopped doing it. Buuuut they could really heighten the number of heals folk can do in one open screen. Would help plenty. There's a five minute wait between healing the same person and there aren't enough people to heal at at times, since they're mostly the same people...

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
BOMB4Y
Tadashiini
We've already been killing indiscriminately irl as it is, unfortunately.

If I remember right, folk dropped bombs on civilians, medical facilities and hospitals during both world wars. In the Iraqi war about two decades ago, the US/Allied forces actually bombed a few hospitals across Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, and Iraq, and that was knowingly done against the Geneva Convention. Many people are aware of the repercussions of doing so, but that's all speaking hypothetically until an actual war comes along.

I feel that a medic would understand that once we've decided to help in war, we're risking our life to help save that of others, and become subject to circumstances. "Allowed to" is a very loose statement in times of war. In a bid to win and survive in a conflict, what the world thinks eventually stops mattering. It's also the same reason why certain civilian casualties are deemed "necessary" when they happen to be within vicinity of a concentration of a lot of enemy targets. It's inhumane, it's cruel - but nobody can run away from that reality. I don't think most of us realize how we've been living in a bubble of security while these things have been done for us, by troops we're not part of. That's why it's so easy for us to condemn them for doing it.

There is no such thing as morality in war. War itself is immoral and should never have been. Life is sacred, so saying, "it's fine to kill X and not fine to kill Y because killing Y wrong" is, quite frankly, double-standards. It's wrong to kill anyone at all. "Killing a soldier is acceptable while killing a medic is not because one helps people": these are just ideals our warped sense of morality has made us come up with, to make us feel better about ourselves for allowing people to kill and die for our sakes. It's so flawed, it's borderline hypocritical. A medic is no different from a soldier; both are alive, both are human. When we've chosen to condone murder, we've chosen to condone murder. That's really it. The only right way is to not condone murder at all. Watering down transgressions don't change the fact that they are transgressions.

Anyway, all that off-topic stuff aside, in a forum game, a self-proclaimed medic can only choose to heal their own kind, and they're able to attack an enemy. We're allowed to attack back, in fact, encouraged to, what with the Last Killed/Attacked links. It's a game that actively encourages you to attack more, after all. I wasn't really arsed when campers killed me over and over again. I just sorta realized it was dumb to post there and stopped doing it. Buuuut they could really heighten the number of heals folk can do in one open screen. Would help plenty. There's a five minute wait between healing the same person and there aren't enough people to heal at at times, since they're mostly the same people...
*smirks* I agree completely. You're exactly right. You've got a good head on your shoulders.

Sorry to unintentionally derail like that. I just figured real life values might have a role in a forum but you're right. People are just going to do as they please anyways. I really wish medics had more of a role in this event, though. I wish we could heal both teams and I wish we could heal at least twice..

Aged Member

13,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Tycoon 200
Anyone else curious about the difference in the HP for angel NPCs versus demon NPCs?

Why does the demon NPC Azrael have only 100 HP while Ciro has 1000?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff