Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reflecting on the state of affairs since half a year ago: How do you feel about Gaia? Rate of 10

10 0.011976047904192 1.2% [ 10 ]
9 0.0035928143712575 0.4% [ 3 ]
8 0.0083832335329341 0.8% [ 7 ]
7 0.023952095808383 2.4% [ 20 ]
6 0.020359281437126 2.0% [ 17 ]
5 0.040718562874251 4.1% [ 34 ]
4 0.08622754491018 8.6% [ 72 ]
3 0.1748502994012 17.5% [ 146 ]
2 0.19760479041916 19.8% [ 165 ]
1 0.43233532934132 43.2% [ 361 ]
Total Votes:[ 835 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Including new policies, Gaia Co. Feedback and Loyalty, satisfaction since half a year ago when this site faced drastic changes.

10 being overwhelming positive to 1 being overwhelmingly negative.

I have since September seen a number of opinion polls being posted, though many are a simple counter format or include choices between generalized statements.
NOTE: I am not saying this is the first poll of this style, just threads solely based on this style are too few in my opinion.

It is with my hope that this sort of pure statistical poll will collect all sorts of opinions of ideas on this topic to be showcased to the community and with highest optimism (given the sub-forum) to give notice any staff that bothers to gather the opinions of its members.

Thank you for your vote.

Feedback and help about this thread:
So far there is only primarily 1s, 2s and 3s.
Clearly this is not the consensus of all Gaians seeing as more GC is being bought than ever before.
Therefore, with my hope that this poll will become more 'mainstream' to gather the opinions of those members of this community.
Do you think a 5-star system (faster for people to vote) or a 10-star as currently implemented (more depth in polling) will be better in accessing the Gaia mainstream audience?

PIECHART UPDATE
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sarcastic Trash

User Image
╠╬════════════════════════════════════════╬╣

You may wish to include which one is the high end of the scale.

╠╬════════════════════════════════════════╬╣

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Thanks for the notice, will be clarified.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Nova0437

Heh, only?

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
sleath56

Heh, only?

Well, every time they do something positive, they sabotage themselves with an unpopular decision almost immediately afterwards. So it's hard for me to feel very happy about Gaia's actions these days.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
- 1 trillion since the decisions made by staff is ruining my experience.

Ruthless Informer

11,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Champion 300
  • PvP 200

I'd say a three.

I've enjoyed myself somethimes, but Gaia is just running itself into the ground.

Its really sad because it is Gaia after all. The site many of us have been using for years.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Nova0437
sleath56

Heh, only?

Well, every time they do something positive, they sabotage themselves with an unpopular decision almost immediately afterwards. So it's hard for me to feel very happy about Gaia's actions these days.

1 step forward and 10 steps back sweatdrop .

It'll be interesting to see the results of this poll though. It'll show the general opinions of the most critical forum on Gaia xd . I wonder how it would compare to a site wide poll though - something Gaia would never do unless you waved $10000 in their face...

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
No 0 option.

I only enjoy myself on here very rarely now. And that's only through trolling on a mule. emotion_eyebrow

Magic Warrior

I'll come out and say 5.
Because I may be naive, but I still believe a bit in Gaia.

They have potential. I love that avatar system and so on, and I'm also going to be clear in in, I do have quite a lot of items to play with, so that makes it extra enjoyable for me.
But certain decisions...

I mean, we all have our thoughts about the Gold gens, the kickstarters that just push you to buy said gold gens, the focus on items mostly geared towards fair-skinned-into-anime female avatars, the pushing with the announcements, the incapacity to maintain free features just because it's a nice thing to do,ect.

I understand they are a business, I understand Gaia's employees can not live on air and a (at best) mildly appreciative user-base, but I just don't like it that they only focus on the paying customers. And normally, I shouldn't complain about it, as I am a paying user, but thing is, they are still only focused on one certain niche of paying customers, so yeah.

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
        A solid 2. Reasons?

- Lack of communication between Staff and Users
        - Horrendous user experience for those without the means to obtain Gaia Cash
        - Way too many monetary announcements in comparison to site updates and other relevant information
        - Lack of site updates, games and flash spaces have been continuously neglected for years
        - Lack of features, in short, the site has become boring
        - Future of the site seems dull when compared to what has been happening for the past year
        - No reasons to invest in the multiple gold generators that plague the announcements, seeing as a better one is released every few days
        - False sense of urgency when promoting items and cash offers with "limited time only!" just to be further reduced in price and re-released a few days later
        - Heavily skewed ratio of male to female items - disregarding a significant portion of their userbase

+ The site is still free, whether it is enjoyable in its free form is up for debate
        + More items are getting released which brings more variety to the table when creating avatars

Beloved Noob

Gaia really should release a user satisfaction survey occasionally.. A lot of businesses do that and it does help improve the business a lot.. Hell, I know I would support Gaia with my real money if they would just treat us like valued customers, not mindless impulse spenders.. And I'm sure many others would agree with me.. But if they keep treating us the way they currently are, I would be happy to watch the site fail as much as I used to love it.. Even the regular paying users are stating to notice they are being mistreated..

Newbie Noob

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Zandykins

It'll be interesting to see the results of this poll though. It'll show the general opinions of the most critical forum on Gaia xd . I wonder how it would compare to a site wide poll though - something Gaia would never do unless you waved $10000 in their face...

This is what I intend to try to do after enough votes are made in this sub-forum.
It has become quite evident our views on Gaia's wrongdoings only make us a vocal minority.
The largest polls of any sort in regards to this topic here only gather c.2000 votes. However, there is an estimated 10,000 daily user traffic.

Where are those people on the polls?

The increased amount of GC promotions point out more people are buying GC than ever before.
It is my intention to eventually those 10s,9s,8s voters who are obviously satisfied enough with the state of affairs to pool in further money for this site and feel apathetic to the issue at hand and the numerous polls created in kind to combat the issue.

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
Who the hell voted an 8?

Seriously. I'm curious as to who could be this mad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff