Welcome to Gaia! ::

What kind of game would you like to see?

An entirely new game 0.15436241610738 15.4% [ 23 ]
A simple memory game 0.087248322147651 8.7% [ 13 ]
A modified hunting game 0.20134228187919 20.1% [ 30 ]
Bug version of Switch'em 0.15436241610738 15.4% [ 23 ]
Change the rewards for an existing game 0.033557046979866 3.4% [ 5 ]
Anything, I just want more bugs 0.3489932885906 34.9% [ 52 ]
Other (Comment below!) 0.020134228187919 2.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 149 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

sup-qt
You should bring this up at the ATS if you haven't already! If they didn't answer you should post a question at the pre event questions thread!

I really like this idea and want them to see people stand behind it! biggrin

I brought up my questions and I repeated them a few times, got tips when I posted them, but the staff ignored them each time. Which means that I'll be coming back with the same questions.

I didn't know about the pre-event questions thread though! Thank you for pointing that out to me. 3nodding I've got my posts in there now.
Whoa damn, just noticed an error in my exchange table. emotion_0A0 The fact that no one's pointed it out must mean that nobody's been reading the exchange table...
Fixed now, although I forgot to have spell check ignore demonfly.
Bumpin' up.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
*eyes graph*

eek burning_eyes

Hoe Lee Chitzelsticks!!

I gotta tell you. This I do not like! Waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo maaaaannnnnyyyyy
It's already hard enough to get inks for the white and grey dyes. Prices are horribly expensive now as it is. Will raise the prices on the bugs too, as if they aren't already high enough. (noting that prices prices on all the bugs, inks and dyes are way off and that you noted that)

Sorry. But that is my opinion.
Especially when I think how horrid it is to newbies and people who cannot fish for whatever reason and people who cannot earn gold well and people who cannot/will not buy GC for whatever reason. These issues are always on my mind because it's not really fair to any of them.
And before you say "they should go into Towns", not everyone can because of bandwidth/internet/computer reasons. Bugs are too few anyway because they never fixed it so we can just walk from one area to the next and keep collecting because of that damned five minute rule nobody wants to wait for (which only serves to punish users rather than doing anything about the bots they are worrying about) which will really make things way more difficult with reverberating effects when they finally take down Towns leaving us with only Towns 2.
I dunno how and what games you intend to hope for that would offer bugs to be dropped. Nothing makes any sense. It's all too vague.

captcha of the hour: cole slaw
*munches*
Lord Elwrind
*eyes graph*

eek burning_eyes

Hoe Lee Chitzelsticks!!

I gotta tell you. This I do not like! Waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo maaaaannnnnyyyyy
It's already hard enough to get inks for the white and grey dyes. Prices are horribly expensive now as it is. Will raise the prices on the bugs too, as if they aren't already high enough. (noting that prices prices on all the bugs, inks and dyes are way off and that you noted that)

Sorry. But that is my opinion.
Especially when I think how horrid it is to newbies and people who cannot fish for whatever reason and people who cannot earn gold well and people who cannot/will not buy GC for whatever reason. These issues are always on my mind because it's not really fair to any of them.
And before you say "they should go into Towns", not everyone can because of bandwidth/internet/computer reasons. Bugs are too few anyway because they never fixed it so we can just walk from one area to the next and keep collecting because of that damned five minute rule nobody wants to wait for (which only serves to punish users rather than doing anything about the bots they are worrying about) which will really make things way more difficult with reverberating effects when they finally take down Towns leaving us with only Towns 2.
I dunno how and what games you intend to hope for that would offer bugs to be dropped. Nothing makes any sense. It's all too vague.

captcha of the hour: cole slaw
*munches*

Hello! I'm glad to receive your feedback, as I was concerned about the numbers on the table myself. Right now rare bugs in towns are already next to mythical in existence, and many people may be members on here for years without ever sighting a rare bug. Having a number to aim for seems much better, even if the number is high.

To address your concerns about people who can't do towns (and likely can't do games), as much as it sucks, collecting game items probably isn't ideal for them to begin with. The best we can do is make it easier for other people so that greater supply = lower prices. Also, I've already addressed the issues of how tedious bug-collecting currently is and suggested that they remove the cap. I also have general ideas for games listed on the first page. Do you have questions/concerns about any of those or other ideas to contribute?

Keep in mind that these exchange rates are intended to be paired with a new or modified game for collecting bugs which would ideally make it easier to collect more of them.

Let's consider the fish exchange.
Currently, the fish exchange is 100 small fish for a larger fish, 100 larger fish for a large fish, and 1,000 large fish for a rare fish. That's 10,000,000 small fish for a rare fish. For each round of fishing you can get a maximum of 18 fish so long as you don't catch much trash. Durem is extremely difficult to fish in, and thus its fish and rare fish are worth more. If a person fished once a day every day and caught the maximum 18 fish (small) every day (126 fish in a week), then it would take them 555,556 days (1,522 years) to catch 10,000,000 small fish to ultimately exchange for ONE rare fish. However, they do also catch larger and large fish and sometimes even rare fish along the way. And people who are devoted will fish more than one round in a day. At the same time, there are 3 types of corresponding fish (small/larger/large/rare) in every lake (total 90 types of fish in existence), and each one can only be exchanged for the corresponding type of fish. Given all this, rare fish are still indeed RARE. There are fewer listings for them than there are for our near-mythical bugs. They may be a little too rare.

I also kept these numbers in mind when considering term "rare" with items. Rare items should require time and effort to obtain, and should certainly not be too easy. Of course, we wouldn't want it to be impossible either.

Using my draft of exchange rates, let's just say you collect bugs once a day, 15 bugs a day (105 a week). At my highest exchange rate (15,000 bugs for a rare monarch), it would take you 1,000 days (under 3 years). A long time, sure, but doesn't that sound better than 15 centuries? That would be even less time for bugs that only require a fraction of that number. There are currently no difficulty levels for obtaining different bugs (aside from some moving a little faster), there are fewer types of bugs (19 total), and a few different types of bugs can be used in the exchange for one rare bug (according to my table). People would probably get a lot more bugs than 15 from playing a fun game. But, again, the details of the game haven't been worked out because we just need to figure out a fun idea for a game first and whether the development of a new game is even likely. Otherwise, we'd be wasting our time trying to set up too many details. A lot of people won't even be aiming for rare bugs because they'll just want tattoos or body dye. However, those people who do want rare bugs are going to work for them, and they probably won't become too common, since they are still termed "rare".

I'm sorry for typing so much. I hope my math is correct there. Correct me if I'm wrong. sweatdrop In short, my exchange rates are actually a hell of a lot more obtainable than those for rare fish. This all is what I had in mind when considering the exchange rates that I came up with and wanting to set them fairly high. sweatdrop

On the other hand, if we don't get a new game (which we probably wouldn't given our current profit-focus), then those numbers may indeed be too high. confused 50 bugs are what it takes for a single vial of ink, and you need multiple vials of inks (hundreds of bugs) for different tattoos. Therefore, the MINIMUM we'd have to set the exchange rate for a RARE at would be maybe upper hundreds and probably lower thousands. But then, we still need to make bugs easier or more enjoyable to collect than they are now because inks, tattoos, and body dyes are already getting harder to obtain.
Bump it up. Gettin' ready for AtS today.
No responses on whether they'll do anything about rare bugs. I'm not so hopeful about them developing or updating a game for bugs, but an increased cap would be something.
Received another staff response today.
Gonna bump this up again.
Bumpin' it back up.
I'm so sad, the lbp for the Great monarchs have jumped from around 15bil to 74bil. emotion_facepalm
Nikko Roseus
I'm so sad, the lbp for the Great monarchs have jumped from around 15bil to 74bil. emotion_facepalm

You think it can't get any worse, but worse is all it gets. gonk I sure hope they implement some kind of change soon regarding bugs.
One Rainy Night
Nikko Roseus

You think it can't get any worse, but worse is all it gets. gonk I sure hope they implement some kind of change soon regarding bugs.

I hope so too <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces