Tired Owner; Aytrix
# of Bumps; 1,000
TLC-deprived location; x
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Amenities; n/a
Sub-Bill; 150k, the minimum payment for workers >.<
Extra Change: possibly
Total Bill; 5k (til I know if I'm going to give tip)
How did you find us?; Thread page
Wait List?; Sure

Eloquent Conversationalist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I'm baaack! Got a laptop and everything! May I be taken off hiatus and put on semi-hiatus (minimum 50 bumps a week)?
Updating the thread's front page and guild now~
Front page and guild are both updated. You are free to keep bumping~ (:
Aytrix
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; Aytrix
# of Bumps; 1,000
TLC-deprived location; x
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Amenities; n/a
Wait List?; Sure
Order accepted. Thank you for ordering from TLC Bumping!
pandearing
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; pandearing
# of Bumps; 1000
TLC-deprived location; here
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Sub-Bill; 2 mil
Extra Change; i'll individually tip whoever ends up bumping my thread. biggrin
Total Bill; 2 mil
How did you find us?; you were on the front page. :>
Wait List?; sure thing.
Order accepted! Thank you for ordering from TLC Bumping!

Questionable Shopper

16,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Palpable Love
Aytrix
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; Aytrix
# of Bumps; 1,000
TLC-deprived location; x
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Amenities; n/a
Wait List?; Sure
lol the total is supposed to be 150k >.< I spaced and didn't notice until just now.
Sullen Kiss of Death
I'm baaack! Got a laptop and everything! May I be taken off hiatus and put on semi-hiatus (minimum 50 bumps a week)?
Done! (:
Aytrix
Palpable Love
Aytrix
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; Aytrix
# of Bumps; 1,000
TLC-deprived location; x
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Amenities; n/a
Wait List?; Sure

lol the total is supposed to be 150k >.< I spaced and didn't notice until just now.lol, that's okay. I saw the trade and it was right. xP
Palpable Love
Why does slot 2 say "(N/A)" where the subforum usually goes? It's in the Art Shops subforum. ._.
Oh my goddddd. Long rant to follow.

So I decided to take a year off before law school and work so I could reapply, since I got a higher score on the LSAT in June. My dad finds this legal assistant job at Google. I do the application (even though I wasn't remotely qualified), and he throws a fit because he didn't get to read the cover letter before I send it off.

"With that kind of attitude, you'll get nowhere." Really? What attitude? The "I don't need my parent to babysit me during the job application process" attitude?

And he left for a weekend trip to Minnesota, taking the Internet modem with him. So I won't be able to access much this weekend (I'm using my phone, but we have a limited data plan), even though he already takes it with him to work and the weekends are the only times I get to actually get online for extended periods of time. And it's because I pointed out that a) I didn't think Google was going to hire someone with zero experience and b) Google was probably looking for people who applied on their own initiative, not people who needed to have their hands held while applying. He's passive-aggressively trying to say, "If you think you don't need me, well, I pay for the Internet, and you need that."

It's all bullshit, too, because how are you going to yell at me about my "attitude" and how I won't go anywhere, and then...make it so that I actually can't go anywhere? Something similar happened when I asked to get my license--he was like, "It's my money, you can buy your own car, get your license some other way" and REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT THE REASON WHY I AM 21 AND STILL DON'T HAVE A LICENSE WAS BECAUSE HE EXPRESSLY REFUSED TO LET ME GET ONE IN HIGH SCHOOL. IT WASN'T BECAUSE I DIDN'T TRY TO GET ONE. YOU CANNOT THEN BLAME ME FOR NOT GETTING IT EARLIER IF YOU WERE THE REASON I DIDN'T GET IT.

Classic sign of a controlling parent: anything you do without their input is considered useless, because you are intrinsically worthless if you can't be controlled. stare

And besides, the whole "you can't do anything without me" is utterly laughable, because I went to the library today and submitted my resume to 13 law firms and got a request for an interview within an hour. (Imagine how much more I would've gotten done if I was actually able to do it from home and didn't have only an hour to apply for jobs.) I didn't need his help to get a scholarship for college. I didn't need his help in graduating a year early. I didn't need his help in getting into law school. Also, when I had his "help" in applying as an undergraduate, he ******** up my application and uploaded the wrong essay and I only got into my safety (out of 10 schools), which only looked at grades and GPA and didn't need an essay.

I need to get out of this house. x.x I've been trying so hard to leave, but every time I try he makes it damn near impossible. I'm constantly angry and upset and depressed, and everything I do seems to be even more futile because all he does is try to control me even more.

Agile Spirit

sakari_paradox
Oh my goddddd. Long rant to follow.

So I decided to take a year off before law school and work so I could reapply, since I got a higher score on the LSAT in June. My dad finds this legal assistant job at Google. I do the application (even though I wasn't remotely qualified), and he throws a fit because he didn't get to read the cover letter before I send it off.

"With that kind of attitude, you'll get nowhere." Really? What attitude? The "I don't need my parent to babysit me during the job application process" attitude?

And he left for a weekend trip to Minnesota, taking the Internet modem with him. So I won't be able to access much this weekend (I'm using my phone, but we have a limited data plan), even though he already takes it with him to work and the weekends are the only times I get to actually get online for extended periods of time. And it's because I pointed out that a) I didn't think Google was going to hire someone with zero experience and b) Google was probably looking for people who applied on their own initiative, not people who needed to have their hands held while applying. He's passive-aggressively trying to say, "If you think you don't need me, well, I pay for the Internet, and you need that."

It's all bullshit, too, because how are you going to yell at me about my "attitude" and how I won't go anywhere, and then...make it so that I actually can't go anywhere? Something similar happened when I asked to get my license--he was like, "It's my money, you can buy your own car, get your license some other way" and REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT THE REASON WHY I AM 21 AND STILL DON'T HAVE A LICENSE WAS BECAUSE HE EXPRESSLY REFUSED TO LET ME GET ONE IN HIGH SCHOOL. IT WASN'T BECAUSE I DIDN'T TRY TO GET ONE. YOU CANNOT THEN BLAME ME FOR NOT GETTING IT EARLIER IF YOU WERE THE REASON I DIDN'T GET IT.

Classic sign of a controlling parent: anything you do without their input is considered useless, because you are intrinsically worthless if you can't be controlled. stare

And besides, the whole "you can't do anything without me" is utterly laughable, because I went to the library today and submitted my resume to 13 law firms and got a request for an interview within an hour. (Imagine how much more I would've gotten done if I was actually able to do it from home and didn't have only an hour to apply for jobs.) I didn't need his help to get a scholarship for college. I didn't need his help in graduating a year early. I didn't need his help in getting into law school. Also, when I had his "help" in applying as an undergraduate, he ******** up my application and uploaded the wrong essay and I only got into my safety (out of 10 schools), which only looked at grades and GPA and didn't need an essay.

I need to get out of this house. x.x I've been trying so hard to leave, but every time I try he makes it damn near impossible. I'm constantly angry and upset and depressed, and everything I do seems to be even more futile because all he does is try to control me even more.

Well damn. I knew about the internet thing but I had no idea you didn't have a license so its even harder to get away D:

I'm sorry I keep forgetting but did you get into law school? If so I can't wait until you're able to get away. If not I really hope your situation works out somehow.

Agile Spirit

_xNeonFirefly
Palpable Love
Why does slot 2 say "(N/A)" where the subforum usually goes? It's in the Art Shops subforum. ._.

Fixed.

Fashionable Tactician

10,025 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; Ouzomi
# of Bumps; 500
TLC-deprived location; Art Thread
Special Treatment; Make it pretty?
Rushed; Start bumping as soon as you can.
Amenities; PM me when someone puts up a picture
Sub-Bill; See below
Extra Change; See below
Total Bill; 5 Million (Makes it easier for me to throw out an single lump sum)
How did you find us?; Random encounter when looking through services.
Wait List?; Wait list is fine if full
Kyuui Kiwi
Well damn. I knew about the internet thing but I had no idea you didn't have a license so its even harder to get away D:

I'm sorry I keep forgetting but did you get into law school? If so I can't wait until you're able to get away. If not I really hope your situation works out somehow.

I was originally going to UCLA for law school, but I retook the LSAT and got a higher score. Since I got into other schools that I liked a lot better, but couldn't go because they didn't give me many scholarships, I'm taking a year off to reapply. Law schools also like it if you have a little work experience, so it can't hurt. My top realistic choice (NYU) is notorious for not giving lower scorers lots of scholarships and higher scorers (which I am now one of) almost full tuition. I've also been dreaming of Stanford for forever, and they might accept me with a higher score, instead of rejecting me like they did this time. xD I just need to find a job in another city and get the hell away. I have a friend in a nearby city who's trying to make arrangements for me to stay with her for a bit, and if that happens, I'm just going to leave and go job hunting while I stay with her. ;-; I hate being here. I'm just miserable all the time, and I like to think I'm a fairly happy and easygoing person. I want to tear my hair out every waking moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff