Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Upon the mentioning of the same gem that was Chris' mark, he grew more attentive to the woman before him. Things were going to get interesting, he thought to himself but acted generally indifferent. He needed the woman to believe that he was not her rival in the search, it would make things much easier.

When she offered her hand she again gave up more information than she should have. A thief that enjoys eating quickly adopts keen eyes and sharp tongues. He noticed the quick illumination that came from her weaving a low level spell. None but a paladin would have become so adept at that school of magic unless they were either a paladin, or some sort of mage. Why would a paladin be searching for this gem too, he wondered but he figured he would find out more eventually. Right now a noblewoman needs to be addressed correctly.

"Good day, M'lady The pleasure is mine."

"Hmmm..." Luft thought as he moved closer to examine the woman's hand. "Is it customary for humans to greet each other with magic?"

Then the conversation steered into the Ebon Gem... Again. It's been a cryptic sentence to him since he came to this place but he cared less for it and more for learning than anything else. He eyed the woman carefully, towering over him as she was and then to the other man.

"You two don't seem to come seeking craftsmanship. What is it about the Ebon Gem that Humans find so intriguing? Is it in every person's nature to find such artifacts connected to mysterious sentences?"

O.G. Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nave smiled when the man greeted her. His choice of words would have charmed any woman if he wanted to. But she did not have to worry about her things. A long as she marked them before hand. Her smile disappeared when the one called luft started to speak. "It is not customary, but when dealing with strangers it always good to be prepared," she said as she castes her spell on him as well. She was truly amazed that this creature noticed her spell. "I do not mean you any harm. It's just ... difficult for me to trust anything you may say," she said walking away from the man "I'm not in the market for any equipment no. I was approached by a man in a local tavern and he told me about Iola's Ebon gem rumor."

Moving a strand of hair behind her ear she looked at Luft. "If you can not help me then I believe I would like to know how much would it take to sharpen my word?" she asked as she slowly unsheathed it. Her equipment had been in need of repair for quite some time. It was thankful that the one she needed to speak to was a blacksmith.

O.G. Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
"Of course I can." Luft smiled, examining the woman's blade with a craftsman's trained eye.

"Forged steel I presume? Not folded for extreme sharpness..." he murmured.

He only took out his equipment and started to operate the grinder before he shot the two a look. Even if he was in "The Zone", he was still aware of what was happening. Two people in search of the Ebon Gem and both of them came to him for information. It was more than a coincidence and he knew in his heart that there was more to these two humans than what meets the eye.

"On the eve of the fourth day, two stars will emerge, a golden glow will transcend the horizon." he started. "A man told me that one day I had a drink at the local tavern. I've tried with some effort on my part, to find out what this... Ebon Gem is. All I know is that you Humans believe it a farce."

As he did his sharpening, he honed the blade back into perfection and inspected it thoroughly, taking a few swings to test its feel. When he was satisfied, he sliced a part of his skin. Black blood flowed through the blade as he murmured his clan's prayer. This was known as signing the workpiece and when he was finished, he returned the sword to the woman.

"This Yakash- Bladed weapon or rather, a weapon in Human Tongue, is fit to carry out its owner's exploits." he said, bowing slightly to the woman.

O.G. Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
He clapped slowly as the man reforged the paladin's blade. The more and more he saw of this guy the more and more he was impressed with him. He was amazed, if not a little annoyed when the weaponsmith saw through his facade, and then dumbfounded when he saw her cast her spell trying to discern whether he would be a threat to her. Not many thieves would have noticed the spell. He did it easily.

"The sword looks brand new, like a piece of art."

He said as he committed the information to memory, and began repeating the first sentence over and over again in his mind. "One the fourth eve; the fourth eve of what is the better question. He was given a runic charm that would be useful, and a note to come here. He wondered if that was all the blacksmith knew.

O.G. Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The tall woman thanked the blacksmith for his efforts. She was initially going to question the man on what he meant by Yakash-bladed weapon but, priorities of course. She began, her eyes focused on the blacksmith. "Comb the desert where it's the curviest and you'll soon find yourself an oasis or three. One of them holds a clue which will lead to Iola's desert's best kept treasure, the ebon gem!" She closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "The eve of the fourth day must mean Thursday evening. As for... stars and golden glows, I'm lost on that hint. I take it, you two are familiar with the desert? Perhaps you know of the curviest parts of the desert then?" At first it all sounded like nonsense, but why would a stern blacksmith bother to remember something if it were utmost nonsense then? What of the other man? His intentions lie beneath his silver tongue and for what? Had he been hiding an ill motive? "I mean... do you really think this Ebon Gem exists? I traveled out her from afar on the premise that I could find it out here, and now pieces are fitting together, pointing me in the direction of what I've yearned to seek for years." The woman faced the thief and shrugged her shoulders. "What of you? What can you make out of this all?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff