Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

O l i v i a ๑ G r a c e ๑ J o h n s o n
                        "I can see what others can't"

I didn’t like staying in the car. I felt helpless. But this was the only way to catch the guy. If I even set foot in there, I would cause trouble. The detective pulled out his gun and slowly walked toward the building. I grabbed the radio and started to call for backup. At first, they didn’t believe me and thought I was playing tricks on them but once I said my name and who I was with, they immediately sent out the call. I also requested an ambulance. We were going to need one.

The longer I sat waiting, the more I felt anxious. Something was about to happen. That’s when I heard the gun shot. Without really thinking, I jumped out of the car to see if the detective was alright. But when I walked inside, Theseus was handcuffing an injured man on the ground. The same injured man that was in the photo. But there was no girl. Not even any signs of her which didn’t make sense. I knew she was in the building. But where?

Despite any arguments from the detective, I began walking through the building checking room after room right as sirens were coming from down the street. The wall of a staircase to the basement seemed to speak to me. I had found her. I could feel her slow heartbeat. “She’s down here!” I yelled and ran down the steps. The girl was bound and handcuffed to a metal bench in the wall. Her wrists were bleeding from the struggling and her body seemed week. This girl hadn’t eaten in days. But she wasn’t the only one down there. There were three other women. One of them looked unconscious. One looked pretty healthy, she must have been kidnapped. The other one seemed almost as weak as the first. But it was over now. They were all going to be alright.

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

"I don't have time for fears."

I held the man responsible for the crime spree down while I pulled out my handcuffs "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense. You had the right not to be shot, but you lost that already." I recited the Miranda writes and pulled the scumbag to his feet as she entered the building. I tossed a look at her "What the hell are you doing?" I was ignored and she looked around. I dragged the man with me as she found the hole this guy placed them. They were safe. I look at the Olivia and nodded as a sign of approval before waiting for the others to show.

Everyone came in post-haste and ran to the aid of the girls. Theseus brought the man to the car who continued to struggle, I slammed his head on the top of the car "Awww, did I hurt you?" I tossed the man inside and slammed the door. That was inappropriate but I didn't care. Everyone began to clap for them as the chief approached

"Good job son. You finally ended this bastards reign of terror. He'll be going away for a long time."

Theseus nodded and turned to Olivia "I didn't do anything, the crazy woman did. She might be the real deal." I told him. The chief nodded to me and walked off.

I approached Olivia and nodded "You did good kid, unfortunately I have to take you back to the hospital as I only agreed for temporary relief for the sake of the case but I promise I'll throw in a recommendation, as will the chief to get you out."

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

The women that still had the energy, thanked me. They all went to the hospital and they were all going to see their families again. The guy’s sister was right. They all looked the same. If I had seen a picture of her, they all would have looked just like their mother. All of their features were the same. I felt like I was on cloud nine. I had done something good and shown the city what I could do. Maybe if I got a proper lawyer, one that I could actually afford, maybe I could use this case for my own case and get me out of the hospital.

But first I had to actually return to the hospital. When he reminded me I had to go, I didn’t really say anything I just nodded. Well, I guess I really had my last good meal. I didn’t even get the chance to sleep in a proper bed. The case was closed and this guy didn’t really have any more use for me. The drive to the hospital seemed shorter than when he had actually gotten me. He parked the car but I didn’t get out. I wanted to run but I knew what would happen if I did. If the cops didn’t get me, the wild animals would have. If only I knew my parents long enough to learn how to survive on my own. I wasn’t even sure if they ever knew what happened to me. Or really even cared.

“Thanks again for the meal earlier. Maybe when I actually get out, I’ll pay you back someday.” I looked up at the building. A few of the other patients stared out the window the same way Abby and I had when the detective first arrived. My hand seemed to freeze over the door handle. I didn’t want to go. No one ever wanted to go back to the mental hospital. No one ever really wanted to check in especially this one.

I gripped the door, hoping to get a vision of another case so avoid going back but there was nothing. Just the door handle. “See ya around, detective.” I told him and got out of the car. It was nice being on the outside for however long it lasted. I just wished It lasted longer.

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

I watched her go inside with that look on her face and I felt terrible. Honestly, the girl deserved better than this as she clearly wasn't insane and she had even helped me with the case but there was nothing he could do. She was listed as "Permanent stay." so I could do nothing to get her out.

I went on home and stayed there for the rest of the day. I kept thinking about Olivia, I needed to get her out but what could I do? He continued to think about it until I went to bed that night and the next morning I decided I'd talk to the judges and I set off. I took a few days off and got the information I could on her before going to plead my case but I was shut down.

I did this several times over the course of the year but I was turned down by every single judge possible. I took more drastic measures and got hold of her psych profiles though some hard work and went on another crusade to get her set free...it didn't work again. Another year passed.

I was now trying to get a hold of the supreme judge to get released. I was at the office hoping to grant an audience with him now. Two years...two years and there was no luck. It was time for her to get out.

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

It had been two years since the murder case. From the news we saw in our little playground, the guy got life in prison. No parole. I was glad but as time went on I felt forgotten. My vision of seeing Abby again happened every so often. I would see visions of her at night as I sat by the window. Even from her letters, I knew she was doing good. So far, she was the only friend I had made in the hospital that actually wrote me. The others just forgot about me.

Over the two years, Abby went through therapy and helped her stepmom take care of her little baby brother, Joshua. I wrote her explaining that he would one day be a heart breaker from the picture she sent me but she already guessed on that one. Recently, she even had a boyfriend. I would draw pictures of them together on their dates, at the movies or even when they were just hanging out with friends. She was happy and doing a lot better.

One afternoon as I sat in the playground, I began drawing a picture of the detective who gave me a case. Instead of it being just one picture, I seemed to be drawing a montage of smaller pictures. Each picture he was somewhere else. In front of a judge, reading some file and even talking with his boss. He was trying to get me out but he was failing in every one of them. I stopped drawing the picture. Instead of finishing it, I crumpled it up and threw it away. I didn’t want to see his attempts. He would never win.

Abby ushered her little brother out of the bathroom of the coffee shop. Her stepmom was waiting for them at their table. Abby had ordered Thai Tea and her stepmom ordered the new Blonde Coffee. Her stepmom’s friends had all been raving about it so they had rushed over. Joshua, still being too young, was content with his little cup of chocolate milk. As Abby sat back down, she noticed a familiar face in line. At first, she couldn’t place his face. An attractive face like that couldn’t be easily forgotten.

That’s when it hit her. He was the detective that too Olivia away on a case before Abby left to go home. She hadn’t see Olivia in two years. Their only way of communication was through letters. She had hoped Olivia would have been out by now but the government had a strong hold on her file. As Abby made eye contact with the detective, she gave him a simple smile and a wave, wondering if he even remembered her. She wasn’t really sure since they really only met for a second but it was good manners to be nice. Her stepmom had taught her that since they had actually started bonding.

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rourke

I looked over as Abby did and gave a small wave. I did recognize her, she was Olivia's friend. It wash hard to believe he would remember as face he only saw for a short time but as a detective he had to that and he was hyper observant and one of the best detectives around but even that didn't help him free the girl. He stood up and proceeded into the main office once he was called. He had no idea he was about to speak to Abby's father. He prayed this would work otherwise....he would never get her out.

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

As Abby looked over at the detective, her stepmom seemed to notice. Recently, Abby had attained a good guy as a boyfriend and looking at a detective could lead to certain things. And Abby’s stepmom loved the guy she was with. She hated to see Abby throw that away. “Do you know him?” Her step mom asked. Abby turned back around to her stepmom.

“Yeah, he’s the cop that I was telling you about.” Abby informed her. “He’s the guy that used Olivia on a case. According to dad, the government wouldn’t let her out.” That’s when the light bulb turned on. Her dad. He was part of the Supreme Justice. Abby had tried to talk him into getting Olivia out but Abby wasn’t enough probable cause. But if a cop were to go to her father, that would surely help. Without another word to her stepmother, Abby walked over to the cop to address him.

“Hi,” she began, “you may not remember me but my name is Abby. I’m Olivia’s friend. The girl who helped you on your case two years ago?” She felt a little dumb for saying so since she figured he wouldn’t have forgotten a special person like Olivia, especially one who helped him close a difficult case. “I need your help. See, my dad is in the Supreme Justice and I’ve been trying to get Olivia out but his daughter, unfortunately, wasn’t a good enough reason.” She paused allowing that to sink in for a minute. “But if you talk to him, it may just be enough to get her out for good and not just on temporary leave. What do you say?”

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rouke

I looked at Abby with a curious look on my face as she started to speak to me. I didn't know her name but I recalled the face though it was a little older than last time. She also spoke as if I forgot Olivia but I had spent two years trying to free fer from the prison, this was my last shot. It seemed she was also trying to free the girl so I honestly had to agree. Maybe this way, with the files, a cop, and his own daughter I wouldn't have to use information I dug up on the judge then. I smiled at her "Good. I was just about to see him now." I told her and nodded "If you can help me get her free I would be thankful, she doesn't deserve to be locked up in the place." I opened the door to her fathers office and let her go in first before following. I shut the doors and looked at the man in the chair.

"Hello? What do you want?"
the judge looked to his daughter and to the police "What did she do?"

I shook my hand "She has done nothing wrong. She's a good girl. I'm here about someone else, Olivia Johnson."

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

Abby’s father looked at Abby and then to the cop. The girl would see her father was wondering how the cop came about knowing Olivia in the first place. For two years, Abby had done all she could to convince her father to get Olivia out. Unfortunately, his own daughter wasn’t enough to have him sign the paper. A witness had to sign it and his daughter would cause a stir in the news. He just couldn’t do it. “She put you up to his didn’t she?” The judge asked. Abby shook her head, almost desperate for him to sign the papers.

“Dad, this is the detective I was telling you about. The one who had Olivia help him on a case? He wants her out as much as I do.” The judge was sure it was an exaggeration but the cop was all he needed to sign that form. The form had been written and signed by him since day 1 of Abby’s own release. All he needed was a good witness to sign it. The judge pulled open one of his drawers and took out the piece of paper he had stared at every night. He owed this woman his life for helping his daughter when he couldn’t. The hospital was the last resort and it was the best decision he had ever made for Abby. Thanks to Olivia, he had his daughter back.

“It’s good enough for me,” the judge smiled as he pushed the paper toward the detective. “All I need you to do is sign here,” he pointed. Once the detective did, the judge placed his own personal stamp of approval on it and handed it to the detective. “Show this to the owner or manager of the hospital and she’s home free.” Abby ran around the desk and embraced her father. This day couldn’t have gotten any better. As the detective was about to leave, Abby ran to him for one last thing.

“Can I ask a favor, detective?” Abby wrote on a piece of paper her phone number. Olivia already had her home address. “Can you give this to Olivia and have her call me when she can after she gets out?” Abby handed him the piece of paper and couldn’t help but remember what Olivia had envisioned. The two of them would see each other. Now it was closer than either one of them had expected.

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rouke

[[Writers block: I will post later or tomorrow...Monday drains me. ]]

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

The day ticked on and on. I hadn’t had a suicidal friend in months. The last one, Jeffery, was a little strange. I helped him through his hard time but I had a vision that it wouldn’t have been a good idea to tell him about my gift. He wouldn’t have taken it very well so I just left it alone. Thankfully, he had moved on and went home living a great life. But I hadn’t had a sane friend in awhile. I was remembering what it was like to not have anyone. I didn’t have a clue where my parents were. They disowned me when I was a little kid when I started showing signs of my gift. They knew it wasn’t a good thing so they kicked me out of the house.

I stared out the window and noticed the same black car from before. It wasn’t possible. It couldn’t have been him. But it was. The detective stepped out of his car and disappeared into the building. Minutes later I was asked to get my things. I was leaving. At first, I thought I was on another case but this time it was different. They told me to collect all of my things. I was leaving for good.

After changing my clothes, and getting everything from out of the floor board, I met up with Theseus. I couldn’t believe he actually did it. “Not going to lie, I did not see this coming,” I told him. It was partially a joke but partially the truth. I really hadn’t seen this coming. “How did you pull it off?”

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rouke

I chuckled a bit "Me? Oh I didn't do anything. I went everywhere trying to get you out but I was rejected. It just took the pleading of a little girl to get you out." I told her. This was mostly true giving the experience I just had with Abby. I slowly reached into my pocket and pulled out a little slip of paper that Abby had given him before placing it into her hand. I smiled at her "Your friend, Abby, wants you to give her a little call." I opened the door for her before getting in myself. Once she followed suit I drove off from the hospital. I kept my eyes on the road but I asked her "Where do you live?" I intended to drop her off and that might be when we part ways. I had to return to work tomorrow.

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

When he asked me where I lived, my mind was blank. I didn’t really have a place to live. It was probably sold by now. All of my possessions, gone. “I don’t have a place to live,” I admitted sheepishly. “When they forced me into the hospital, the government took everything. My stuff was auctioned off and my apartment was sold.” I went through the pictures in my collection and pulled out a picture I had drawn the first week after arriving at the hospital to prove my point. In the drawing was an empty apartment. The apartment had been cleaned and empty. I really didn’t have anything.

Before I had been ‘arrested,’ I was an art teacher at a middle school. The kids all loved me. With my gift, I could even crack the tougher ones and really help them out. The cops came to collect me during third period. They replaced me with a horrible woman who didn’t really know a thing about art. Now that I was out, I found it very unlikely the principle would welcome me back with open arms. The concerned parents who had learned of my gift would see to that I never worked in any schools every again.

I didn’t have any family left. When I was disowned, so did everyone else. Growing up, I moved from foster home to foster all. No one could really take me. I stared at the piece of paper in my hand. “Maybe Abby can take me in. At least, until I find a proper job and get settled in my own place.”

User Image

Yami Miyagawa's Husbando

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
User Image

Theseus Odetta O'Rouke

I stood by the car as she spoke with Abby and her parents. I looked up at the sky and saw how blue the sky was, how fluffy the clouds were, and how clean the skies seemed. This was a rare day for me but then again I had just accomplished something that might have been impossible for others. When the girl finished I smiled and took my phone and the address. The girl then told me she'd have to pass on the academy. I could only shrug and smile "I could get you in for free but what you do now is up to you." I got into the care and waited for her before driving off towards Abby's home. The drive was long and it was mostly in silence with neither me or the psychic saying a single word to each other. I pulled up to Abby's house and stopped the car. I looked at her "Well, here we are. Have a nice life. I may or may not see you around and hopefully if I see you its not because you committed a crime or something." I said and smiled. I waited for her to get out and leave knowing this may be the last time I ever see her again.

User Image

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
        User Image

As I dialed the number for Abby, I began to think of actually going through the academy. For one, it would take money and two I couldn’t be a cop. I hated guns. Every gun I touched, I could feel its history. The people it had killed or at least helped to kill. If it was a new gun, I could sense how it was made and even seen who made the parts. I still didn’t like guns even if it was for my own protection.

It didn’t take long to finally get a hold of Abby and it didn’t take long for me to find a place to stay. Her parents were more than happy to lend me a place to stay until I got myself back on my feet. When I finished talking with her, I handed the phone back to the detective along with the address to Abby’s house. “I think I’ll pass on the Police Academy. Can’t really afford it at the moment. Plus, it’s not really my thing.” I shrugged. “But thanks for the advice.”

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces