Gryffindor 0.13157894736842 13.2% [ 5 ]
Ravenclaw 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
Hufflepuff 0.23684210526316 23.7% [ 9 ]
Slytherin 0.42105263157895 42.1% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Chatty Sweetheart

User Image
[ where: Carriages ] xxx [ with: Gardner ] xxx [ ooc: GAH. Gard is so cuuuute! Cal's such a jerk I feel horrible t-t ]

Callum couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle at his reference to being an older sibling. It was true, they really were a pain, and the fact Gard acknowledged it, being an older sibling himself. He just wished his brother was at least nicer to him in public. Yea, he would show he cared, but only when Callum was picked on. He didn't blame him really, Cal was nothing like him after all. He'd listened as Gard answered about his summer. July 4th was an American celebration. Gard was American, and his accent had always intrigued the other. He'd been surrounded around the Brittish English accent his entire life. Though, he'd sometimes like to make fun of the other when he spoke. It wasn't that he didn't like it, quite the opposite actually, it was cute. But it made Gard the oddball here.

When the guys came to bother the pair, Call had tried ignoring it. He really wouldn't mind leaving if Gard was uncomfortable. But of course, the other just retorted something back at them, the group not even having anything to say back. And Gard's response didn't surprise Callum one bit. This had happened a lot between the two, where Cal would try to give Gard space and the other would always stick with Cal. He knew Gardner was friendly but, man was he persistent. His words though, had brought a slight smile on the Malfoy's face. Why did Gard have to be so sweet? Callum always tried to push the other away, scared of getting too close, and Gard didn't make it any easier. Even when he tried, how could Callum not like the other's company. "Are all American's this...free?" he said with a slight grin, pun intended.

Though the grin faded as soon as he heard Gard say he missed him and call him a 'best friend.' Callum looked away, his face turning red. What would people think, seeing the two always hanging it, other than that? What if it got back to his family. It would eventually, too many purebloods were running around just itching to cause trouble. Hell, it was Callum's fault too...allowing their friendship to last this long and for the two to get closer. But what could he say? He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he...liked Gard. Even worse, he liked him more than just a friend. Cal would always tell himself he couldn't, it was wrong, but it was so hard not to. So instead, he'd resort to having to say..."...We're not best friends." He blurted out. Oh God, did he really just say that? The minute it came out of his mouth, he wished he could take it back. He didn't want to get Gard mad or upset with him, but he had to. He felt like a jerk. All that Slytherin, pureblood talk he'd always hated? He sounded just like them right now. Callum sat back, quiet for a moment as the carriage moved with the two. "I-I'm sorry..." he couldn't even look at the other. It came out like he was apologizing for not considering the other a 'best friend' as well. Really, he just wished he could tell Gard why he didn't want that to happen. But he was scared. And now he's a jerk. A scared jerk, great.
                                          User ImageUser Image

Supreme Unicorn

6,925 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Fae had spent the first few minutes of the train ride counting her lucky stars that Adrian hadn't noticed the sappy novel he'd grabbed for her, or he at least hadn't cared enough to tease her for it. She'd consider either a blessing. After he'd fallen asleep, she'd settled in with her snacks and book for a while, and let Totoro out of his cage to stretch his legs. But the lazy rat had simply crawled up her arm and curled up on her shoulder before taking a nap of his own.

As the train began to pull into the station at Hogsmeade, Fae finally glanced up from her book, smirking at Adrian, who was just waking up from a rather loud snoring session across from her. "Well good morning, sleeping beauty," she said with a smirk, closing her book and beginning to put away her things. "You missed all the fun. A few first years were hanging around the door a bit ago, trying to decide if they should come in or not, but they got an earful of your snoring and ran off screaming that there was a dragon on the train." She burst into a fit of giggles, getting to her feet and stretching her arms as the Express slowed to a halt. She'd wanted to hop off of the train before the rush of anxious newcomers, but hadn't been able to resist hanging around just long enough to tease Adrian. "Better get a move on," she said with a smile, seeming unusually cheerful as she grabbed her bags and headed for the door. Fae would have waited on him, but she wanted a chance to see the thestrals before they headed to the castle. There weren't very many times during the year that she could get this close to the creatures, and considering how rare they were away from Hogwarts, it was clear she was excited to see them again.

Hearing a familiar voice yelling above the chattering crowds exiting the train, Fae glanced up to see Professor Reinhardt waiting to greet the first years, and just beyond her, the path leading down to the Black Lake, where the newcomers would travel across to get to the school. Fae noticably shuddered, quickening her pace towards the carriages as she tried to push thoughts of the lake aside. She could still remember her first year experience with the small boats and the dark water, and it was something she preferred not to dwell on. But as she neared the carriages and one of the bony black thestrals turned towards her, her smile reappeared, growing wider as the horse-like creature pawed the ground in recognition.

"Hey there sweet thing," Fae cooed, reaching up to stroke the creature's gaunt snout. The thestral snorted, nudging her hand appreciatively as Fae smiled up at it. She had been able to see the thestrals since her first year at Hogwarts. It was something she hadn't told her brother, as she didn't think he realized how much she saw or remembered from that day in Scotland when their father had died. Unfortunately, Fae had seen more than she'd like to admit to; but regardless, it didn't ruin the fact that she was one of a special few who could see the marvelous creatures. Fae had come to think fondly of her father when she saw them, instead of choosing to linger on the reason why she could see them.

"I brought you a present," she said with a smile, reaching into her bag and pulling out a small sack of jerky, which the thestral immediately leaned towards, sniffing the air excitedly. Fae grinned from ear to ear, pulling out a piece of the tough meat and holding it up in the palm of her hand. The thestral snatched it up immediately, as it did with much of the rest of the bag, before Fae finally stepped back, stowing away the rest of the treats for later. She ran her hand down the creature's snout one last time, murmuring a goodbye before she backed away to find a carriage. Most of them seemed rather full already, and Fae was never one for crowds, or close quarters, for that matter. She climbed aboard the first empty carriage she saw, setting Totoro beside her to save a seat for Adrian, just in case he caught up to her.

║▌│█│║▌║│█║▌│║║█║█││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║│█║▌│║║█║█

company: alone location: The Carriages mood: content wearing: muggle wear

melecie

Dapper Roisterer

User Image

❁ Wyatt "Colt" Weissheit ❁
                                                                - - - History of Magic Professor / Flight Instructor - - -

For being such a pro at flying, Wyatt was never very punctual. He remembered hearing somewhere that only the lonely prized punctuality as a virtue. If he wanted to sound smart he should use that line somewhere. Maybe he'd use it when he got there if someone called him out on being late. He could hear the clever quips now. Wyatt was so worried about going to this school where he would be put back into the shadow of who his family was with all of the pompous professors he had to work with. At least back on the team he was judged based on how well he played rather than the class he was born into. Not only that he had no clue how he was going to teach the History of Magic. He came from an ancient family and knew a lot about it but he didn't know how he was going to teach the darn class. For one thing he didn't know how he was even going to sit behind a desk for an hour. Wyatt was used to always doing something, always moving, these past couple years and now he was being expected to stay in one place and be patient. If the job didn't pay so much he wouldn't go through so much agony but there were more zeros behind the number than Wyatt could say no to. Not to mention working at Hogwarts was a huge honor, very prestigious, and looked good no matter what part of the wizarding world a person tried to get into. He would have been a fool to turn down the offer. Sure, it would have been better to keep playing quidditch but that wasn't an option right now. Well, playing himself wasn't. Instructing and teaching people to fly was part of his job description at least. And the real reason he was being hired, or so the Headmaster said in not so many words.

One of the nicest things about magic was that Wyatt could pack up his entire life in one suitcase. Most people opted to take the train or apparition themselves where they wanted to go but not Wyatt. No, traveling was an excuse to ride his broom long distances. It was faster than a train but not nearly as fast as teleportation was. Some people thought he was crazy for wanting to do that but he didn't care. Not to mention flying from northern England to Hogwarts was a much shorter distance than the times he'd flown across Europe or to the United States. So there he was zipping along the skyline on his way to Hogwarts so he could attempt to teach with his complete lack of credentials. What he could promise, and what he was most excited about, was that there were going to be fantastic quidditch matches this year. Heck, some of the people about to graduate might get on a team because of him. There was no over-confidence in him about his skill. He knew he was good at what he did and he knew he could teach a lot of tricks and skills to anyone with an aptitude for the game. Wyatt just had to keep in mind that he could not make his injury worse or he risked never being able to play professionally again. Not to mention he'd have to wait longer and might lose his contract with the team! That wouldn't be any good. At that point he knew he'd be forced to move back in with his family while he trained to work in the Ministry of Magic. Sure, they would be happy to let him back in and pull some strings in the Ministry to get him a good placement but the cost would be his allegiance to them. The last thing he wanted was to get in a place where they could manipulate him again. It was harder being on his own but he was much more happy that way than he ever was under their thumb. And he knew for certain that the Headmaster was not going to let him work at the school for an extended period when he had no teaching credentials whatsoever. He was merely an interim professor while they looked for someone qualified, creating strong leaders in quidditch was just a bonus, and then he would have to move on.

As much as he was dreading the men and women he had to work with, Wyatt hadn't thought to change into a different outfit. He was wearing fitted dark denim jeans, a dark grey t-shirt that fit snugly across his chest and around his arms (even after he let the stiches out at the sleeves) and a leather jacket. Still, he arrived at Hogwarts and figured the best place to go was the dining hall. He had been so busy packing everything and then flying over that he hadn't managed to eat anything. That's what he got for procrastinating till literally the last minute. He flew down to the castle, kept one hand on his broom and brought out his wand with the other. With just a flick of his wand the doors came open and he flew on through. By memory he flew down the various halls and through the already open double doors before lifting one leg over so he was sitting "side-saddle" on the broom, let himself fall with his hand still gripping the broom and slowly lowered himself down. A beautiful, stunning entrance worthy of his caliber. Only, there were not a bunch of students in the dining hall to impress like he thought...no...it was only the teachers. And he probably just made himself look like an a**. Wonderful. Trying to play it off he let out a nervous laugh and bowed at the group. "Wyatt Colton Weissheit, at your service." He looked up, grinning a toothy grin at the lot of them. "But call me Colt." He opened up his suitcase and threw his broom in, he shrugged off his jacket and threw that in as well, closed the case, and took it with him as he sat down next so some guy with dark brown hair. As soon as he sat down food materialized in front of him and he began eating on it with little thought to manners. He was hungry!
                                                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” -Pablo Neruda

Location: Hogwarts- Dining Hall
                                                                Status: Obnoxious Entrance
                                                                With: Jerome, Chung, Elizabeth

User Image
Professor Annabelle Claire Seneca
"You will never know what you can accomplish if you don't try."

"We close our eyes and dream that the world has turned around again...*" Annabelle's soft bluesy kind of voice sang as her hand moved a needle and thread along in fast, circular motions. The twenty-six year old potions teacher was seated at the desk in her room with something that looked like a bundle of cloth held under the desk lamp. Sewing was not something she did very often enough to really be a hobby but it was a nice skill to have. It was also a skill she hadn't really put into use since she was nine years old. She was off in her own little world, singing as she worked on her little project. Finishing up the last stitch for this step she held up the front half of her project. It needed a face. She changed needles to use a dark brown and began to stitch again. This time she was a little slower as she worked. She wasn't as practiced in putting a face on a sewing project.

Meanwhile, a cat with a creme colored body and silver colored face watched as his human played with the string. He may not have been a kitten anymore but Hector's blue eyes were focused on the moving string and shiny thing in Annabelle's hand. One could only guess as to the thoughts bouncing in the feline's mind but his eyes were focused on Annabelle and the tip of his brown tail was curling and uncurling. As the clock was getting ready to announce the time, he meowed an early warning.

Annabelle sighed when her cat, Hector, meowed insistently. "Alright, alright. I guess the eyes will have to wait." She held up the piece she had just been working on once again. She frowned and set it down. 'I don't think it's going to look any better, but at least it looks like a teddy bear nose and smile.' She stood up and checked herself over in the mirror once again. Her black, shoulder length hair was neatly combed. She brushed stray thread clippings from her lavender blouse and black knee length skirt. As she was walking out the door of her chambers she turned off the lamp and slipped on a pair of black flats. She walked quickly to the great hall, almost certain she was going to be late. Not long after she slipped into the room, at least a good five minutes, a man literally flew into the room. She had to admit, the dismount from the broom was flawless. "Well, that was a cool little show before dinner." she whispered to herself.

((* lyrics are from the song "We Close Our Eyes" by Oingo Boingo))

Strawberry

User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

xxHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME I'M GREAT?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT IT'S FATE?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT I'M GREAT?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT IT'S FATE?xHOW?
                                          xxHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME I'M GREAT?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT IT'S FATE?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT I'M GREAT?xHOW?xHOW COULD YOU TELL ME THAT IT'S FATE?xHOW?

xxxadrianxxneroxxfuentesxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  Adrian groaned as the younger girl teased him. He sat up and grabbed his bag and walked out with her. He was bout to retort with something along the lines of, "you must've liked my snoring considering that you stayed," but decided not to due to the time. The cheerful girl had left him and he walked out, sluggishly, right behind her. Adrian wanted to take his time since Fae would be playing with the Thestrals before they all left. And he was still tired from the ride.

Hearing Mrs. Reinhardt greet the first-years brought back memories. Memories of when he wanted to go back to public school in England because Hogwarts was too dark and dreary for a twelve year old. He had noticed a bigger bump on her stomach and grinned. He'll have to talk to his favorite teacher later and ran past Black Lake to catch up to Fae. He had saw her feeding the Thestrals.

Thestrals. He hadn't been able to see them until now. Adrian thought back to when he went to Australia in July. Waves were bigger than usual, but him and his brother went surfing anyway. He had taken a break to get some water until a wave, almost tsunami size, that his brother and another girl were surfing on had crashed onto smaller waves until the were floating in sea. And he ran. He ran to his brother and the girl; hoping that they were still alive. Their bodies floated back to shore and he saw that his brother was shivering, which relieved him. Now his mom won't kill him. Adrian turned to the girl and saw that she wasn't breathing. He did CPR and everything he could to get her to start breathing until his brother ran back with medical help. He had done everything, but she wouldn't start breathing. When a nurse had arrived, the girl had already died. His brother was sobbing and, god, did he want to sob with him.

Snapping out of his memory, he walked up to Fae's carriage and sat down before anyone else could take his spot. He smiled at her and her pet, Totoro. Lil guy was cute. Hadrian had been sleeping on his head when they had gotten out of the train. He couldn't stop thing about his summer

"Thanks for waiting for me. I thought you'd have ran off with some pretentious hotshot wizard," he teased as the carriage took off.

ADRIAN
                                            company: fae
                                            ooc:
                                        chloe_bird

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Gardner W. Faulkner
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

There are causes
worth dying for
But nothing
worth killing for

Hearing the soft chuckled made Gard grin even wider, if that was possible. Callum seemed much too down these days; anything Gard could do to make him laugh was worth it in his book. Some of their classmates might have thought him odd, whether because of his American heritage or his insistence on hanging out with people that seemed to be his exact opposite, but Gard didn't really care. He did what he wanted and what made him happy. Not what other people thought he should do. He laughed at Callum's pun and nudged the other boy's shoulder responding, "Damn right we are!" If Gard hadn't been in a good mood, he certainly was now. It seemed that his every interaction with Callum followed a vicious cycle of getting close, then getting pushed away, then stuggling to get Cal to open up all over again. It didn't seem to be happening this time and Gard had a strangely bubbly feeling in his chest. Maybe Callum had finally come to realized that he could push all he wanted; Gard wasn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.

...well, maybe he had spoken too soon. The little bubbles were popped all at once when Callum turned away and the air suddenly turned tense. Gard mentally smacked himself. Was it something he had said? Of course it was. It was always something that he said. All he could really say after Callum's statement was, "...oh." It wasn't the first time that something like that had passed between the two of them, but that didn't make it sting any less. Gard turned and looked away from callum, out the carriage window, head propped in one hand. A pair of Slytherins, friends of Scorpius if he remembered correctly, passed by and made faces. Gardner glared at them, the look on his face apparently enough to send them scurrying for another carriage. He normally tried not to let Call's remarks get to him. He wasn't really like that, Gardner told himself. He just acted that way because it was expected of him. He had been hoping that, now that Scorpius wasn't at Hogwarts anymore, things would change. Clearly, he had been wrong. I guess I'm not as smart as I think I am, Gardner thought. After all, the Hat hadn't put him in Ravenclaw, even though it had seriously considered doing so way back when. Maybe he had been wrong all these years about Callum and how the Slytherin actually felt about him. Gard supposed he shouldn't have been surprised. Slytherins were sneaky, it was one of their defining traits.

He just shook his head as Callum apologized, waving a hand as if it were no big deal. "It's alright," Gard responded, watching the last few dilly-dalliers loading up the carriages and Professor Reinhardt lead the first years away to the lake. It really wasn't alright - it hurt being told that, whether it was true or not - but the response came out anyway, as if his mouth were on autopilot. He really wanted to believe that Callum wasn't a snob or mean like people said the Malfoys were. "For someone who's not my friend." he said, "You sure act a hell of a lot like you are." maybe this was a bad diea. Maybe he should leave and find another carriage, maybe see if he could find Alexion or someone from his own House. Or maybe he'd skip the welcoming feast altogether and just go hang out in the forest with the Hippogriff herd. At least they liked him...

Gard Is...
With: Callum || Where: One of the carraiges || Doing: Thinking I've made a mistake || Wearing: Hufflepuff Pride

xx love shine

Shy Member

☯☯☯

I can read your future by reading your past

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Artistic Witch
Divination Professor
Head of Gryffindor
Chung Li Lin

Feeling momentary bad for pointing out the wrinkles in her fellow professors own attire she self consciously glances at her own attire to straight out a few wrinkles. She looks up and sees another Professor, the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher approaching. Like Chung Li, Elizabeth was also in her second year of teaching. She was rather shy and hesitant to approach the DaDA Professor last year; both seemed nervous and stressed due to the sudden change and demand of their jobs. Still Chung Li made an effort to converse with the professor whenever she could.

She learned that both of them had a soft spot for art. Their conversations usually about the latest art craze or preferences in art. With a new year, Chung Li hoped that they would be able to further their acquaintance to friendship. She raises her hand to catch her attention and just as she opens her mouth to call out to her, a gust of wind blows through her and where Professor Jerome stood. "Ai-yah!" Chung Li exclaims before cursing harshly under her breath.

"Oh really!?" [/b]She asks to no one in particular, feeling her once neatly brushed hair a poofy mess and her clothes slightly awry. She straightens up and runs her hand through her hair in an attempt to control the mess. "How in the world did--."[/b] She pauses realizing the culprit was simply another Professor--Or at least she thought. 'Must be the new flying instructor...' She thought as she watched him toss his broom into a suitcase. "Oh how I miss the days of Quidditch..." She mumbles softly recalling her younger days as a chaser. She missed the competitive spirit of the sport, but she still flew. At least that was some relief to her.

She would have to greet the new Professor eventually. But perhaps later when the students arrived since he was rather busy stuffing his face with food. Chung Li shakes her head and chuckles, before asking if Professor Jerome was alright. She glances up and raises her hand again, "Professor Elizabeth!" She calls out hoping to get the Professors attention and urge her towards where she and Jerome were standing.

||OCC: Trying to see if i can create some plot with teachers ||With: Jerome (Colt, Elizabeth) ||Doing: Waiting for the Students/conversing ||Location: Grand hall Professors table || Wearing: Outfit1outfit1contshoes

Blood Fox101

Krystal_Ravens

☪☪☪

I can read your past simply by looking at you
User Image

Where: hogsmeade station xxxxx With: Gabe and Kevin xxxxx Doing: hoping to find a place to sit xxxxx Wearing: Go, go, Gryffindor! xxxxx

Matilda jolted awake as she heard the whistle of the train blow. Looking out, she could tell they were minutes away from Hogsmeade station. Jumping up, she quickly shoved the charms book she was looking at back into her bag and hurried to find her uniform. Prior to leaving to change Matilda made sure all of her things were neatly tucked back into her bag and that Athena was back in her cage. Hopefully, because it was so late in the journey there wouldn’t be too many people waiting to change.

Luckily, there was only one person she had to wait on before she could switch into her robes. She felt the train pull into the station and she grimaced, grabbing her tie and throwing it around her neck without tying it before she grabbed her muggle clothes and headed back to her compartment. Matilda hastily tucked her change of clothes back into the bag and slung it over her shoulders as well as grabbing Athena.

Stepping out of the train and into the station was her favorite part of the trip to Hogwarts. Although it was dark and the castle was at a bit of a distance, this was where most people got their first look at the school. The lights inside illuminated the windows to cast an eerie, but still beautiful, glow into the night. Matilda handed her bags to the porter and stepped further into the sea of students heading their designated ways. Professor Reinhardt’s voice could be heard over the various conversations the students were having, directing the first years to the boats. Matilda had a few questions to ask her, but she knew there would be time tomorrow or even after the feast tonight.

The sixth year looked around, while finally fixing her tie, trying to find a familiar face heading to a not already full carriage. Within moments she spotted Fae talking to the invisible creatures that pulled the older students. Thestrals. Although she knew of how they looked, she only had her imagination and her textbook’s words to actually see them. In her peripheral she saw Gabe get into one of the carriages followed shortly after by Kevin, the Hufflepuff seeker. With a grin as well as an eager attitude towards starting the school year and the quidditch season she headed over. Matilda popped her head in and smiled at the two, ”Mind if I join you two?

User Image ______ User Image ______ User Image

Krystal_Ravens

xx love shine

Tipsy Fairy

User Image

Jérôme Christophe Rousseau
Transfiguration Professor, Head of Hufflepuff

User Image

User Image

Christophe enjoyed the company of Chung Li. He wasn't a big divination fan but the woman was so suttle and, well, normal about it he was actually starting to get a bit interested in the subject. Christophe smile at the mention of his bird. "It was quite nice indeed, we traveled a few days to zee my relatives in France, although I'm afraid my nephews have taught him plenty curse words. He's got quite a gutter mouth now." He laughed. The bird was an impossibly fast learner. With just listening to a word clearly enough a few times he would learn it.

Rubbing his left eye, he laughed when Li guessed he had over slept. "Iz it zat obvious?" He laughed and attempted to straighten his clothes again, glad he wasn't the only one. He glanced around and spotted another relatively new professor. He knew Elizabeth from the years he worked in the International Confederation of Wizards office at the Ministry although they hadn't gotten along much then. It was really the previous year that they had actually gotten to really talk. "Elizabeth, it iz nice to zee you back. How was ze Ministry this summer?" He said, inviting her to converse with him and Li. Christophe wasn't sure they got along, but he was always one to friendly.

Suddendly Jérôme felt a gust of wind and heard Chung Li curse under her breath. He turned to see, bewildered at the situation and was surprise to see the man he could only guess would be the new History of Magic professor and Quidditch coach. The Headministress would most definitely not be amused. He thought to himself in his native language. Although he thought his entrance had been quite obnoxious, he had to admit that was one smooth landing. He gave Chung Li a glance as to make sure that she agreed with him that it had not been necessary to just fly in like that. "Nice to meet you, Colt. I'm Jérôme Christophe Rousseau, head of Hufflepuff and transfiguration professor. You may call me Christophe." He said, smiling that wonderful half-veela smile of his at the man and extending his arm to shake his hand, but pulled it back, seeing as the man was now too busy stuffing his face. Clearing his throat, he continued to welcome the new professor. Christophe always tried to make nice, but the man was making it quite difficult for him to do so. "Zese are my colleagues, Professor Lin, Professor Snow, oh, I'm zorry Annabelle, I hadn't zeen you there. And zat iz Professor Seneca." He introduced his fellow professors, gesturing to each of them as he mentioned their names, accent ringing in his voice.

Taking a step back he decided against telling him it wasn't advisable to be flying inside the castle. It was a bad example for the students. He simply made a mental note to tell him later in private without so many ears to listen in. Being one of the only professors that had been around for more than a year or two, he felt it was his responsibility in aiding and advising the new teachers in whichever way he could. Christophe wondered whether he should also tell him they would be eating soon, but didn't want to sound like a jerk to the new guy. For all he knew, the man knew nothing about how things were done at Hogwarts.

User Image

Company: Chung, Colt, Annabelle, Elizabeth Location: Great Hall Mood: Bothered O.O.C.:

ArtisticAlly_07
Blood Fox101
kaliska-rayne
Silabus Whitelight

Shy Member

☯☯☯

I can read your future by reading your past

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Artistic Witch
Divination Professor
Head of Gryffindor
Chung Li Lin

Watching the newcomer for a moment longer she glances to the side and caught Jerome's glance and nods her heads slightly in a agreement. She felt the need to turn away and look at something, or rather someone else; watching him stuffing his face with food made Chung Li forget that even she was hungry. Instead she gives a polite smile as the Professor went down the line and introduced everyone.
She found him rather rude; immediately eating rather than taking a moment to at least get everyone's name before helping himself to supper. 'To each their own I guess...'She thought, unable to not watch the man eat. Yet the longer she stared at him the strange feeling she got. 'He seems familiar...Yet I know I would remember him if I met him before...' She thought tilting her head to the side for a moment.

She sighs turning her attention back to her colleague, "That's so nice, being able to see your family. I haven't seen mine for a while...Now that I'm thinking about it. Letters and muggle technology will only get me so far before I get a scolding from my mother about not visiting." She chuckles realizing her own lack of visiting her family.
"Oh no! I would hate to ask for his opinion on topic's now! He might be brutally honest and rude with his responses!" She comments jokingly about the bird.

Still, in the back of her mind, Chung Li constantly thought about their newest colleague. His first impression was clearly not the greatest. Perhaps she saw him in the Daily Prophet...'Or maybe he's a bad omen...' She thought biting the lower corner of her lip. The urge to 'read' him was tempting but she knew better than to call him out in public. She would probably end up doing a reading or two later that evening anyways for the new year.

She was surprised that Jerome didn't call Colt out on his entrance. There was no real rule about how a teacher may enter into the Great Hall, but there was a sort of etiquette that one should uphold. "I know that Colt is new and all, but I feel slightly compelled to ask him to hold off on stuffing his face for a little while...At least until the students arrive..." She whispers softly towards Jerome.

||OCC: ||With: Jerome (Colt, Elizabeth, Annabelle) ||Doing: Waiting for the Students/conversing ||Mood: Slightly irritated || Location: Grand hall Professors table || Wearing: Outfit1outfit1contshoes

☪☪☪

I can read your past simply by looking at you

Chatty Sweetheart

User Image
[ where: Thestral Carriage ] xxx [ with: Gabe and Matilda ] xxx [ ooc: --- ]

Kevin gave the other a big grin. "I've been good! Summer was great but, I just can't wait to get back in the game." Kevin couldn't wait to get back on his broom, use magic freely again. He held his hand out for a high five once the other mentioned the games. "Hell yea! Hufflepuff's definitely got it this year." he teased. Even though Kevin and Gabe were from different houses, they loved the game and didn't mind teasing each other about it. Win or lose, they were never sour towards each other. "How about you, do anything interesting?"

As the two were talking, someone else joined their carriage. Kevin looked at the Gryffindor, giving her a grin and a little wave with a "Of course not~" Matilda was also on the Quidditch team, Seeker for Gryffindor. "Us Seekers got to stick together, right?" he said with a slight chuckle. Whenever Gryffindor and Hufflepuff would play, the game was always friendly between the too when they would chase after the golden snitch. They both would go all in of course, wanting to win for their house, but the times he did lose to her, he would still praise her. She was a good player, no doubt.

It was nice, that he was able to get along with people outside his house. Particularly Gryffindor. Kevin would try to be nice to everyone, just his friendly hufflepuff nature, but not everyone was like that. "So I heard we're getting a new Quidditch Coach. What do you think he'll be like?" It would probably be a little weird, adjusting and all. But Kevin was determined. He'd probably annoy the poor new guy, having so many questions and things he'd want to learn. He just really hoped their new instructor was someone fun, relaxed, and easy to talk to. He looked out the carriage, giving a slight grin when he saw the firsties on their way as well. He was excited for the sorting, and by looking at them tried to see who he would feel like would end up in his own house.

User ImageUser Image

Chatty Sweetheart

User Image
[ where: Carriages ] xxx [ with: Gardner ] xxx [ ooc: - - - ]

It was quiet for a moment. Callum really didn't know what he was supposed to say after blurting that out. He just glanced at Gard who was looking out the window, the other telling him it was alright. Typical Gard. It wasn't alright, and Callum knew that. This happened way too often between the two, and Callum was just so sick of having to do this every single time. Why did Gardner always forgive him? He was a jerk. He was trying to get Gard away from him, hate him in any way possibly, but the other didn't. Then they'd try and be friends, and then Callum would just realize it wasn't safe once they got too comfortable...and then repeat. It was like playing a a scene of a movie on repeat, the same events happening over and over between them.

When Gardner mentioned how Callum acted as a friend. It was true, and Callum wouldn't blame him for assuming that. Callum wanted to be his friend, and more. He just...couldn't. He had no idea what to say, so he just went quiet, looking out the window himself. He just made things awkward. Normally the two would get over it eventually, and probably not talk for a bit, then suddenly one day Callum would just go talk to the other again. It was like nothing happened. But, he couldn't keep doing that. He'd think it was okay for them to be friends, and would either doubt himself, or Gard. Like, why the other was so nice to him. He just didn't understand it.

"How can you consider me a friend?" he said, turning to look at the other through his glasses. He was really going to talk about this now. Maybe it was because it was a new year, and the two never actually hung out like this alone. It was just the two of them in the carriage. And...he felt like he could trust Gard, oddly enough. Maybe this would be a test, see if everything he thought about Gard was true or not. He just wanted to understand why Gard was so kind to him when the rest of the world wasn't. Well, he already started. Too late to take it back. "I'm Slytherin, you're Hufflepuff. Better yet, I'm a Malfoy. We come from two completely different worlds. Everyone looks at me differently because of that. And yet, you don't. I don't get it. How do you know I'm not what they say I am?" His voice was firm, but low, not wanting them to be heard outside. Maybe that was a silly question, the two had known each other so long, this will be 7 years. But even then, Callum had never been able to open up to anyone, not even Gard, or Eli. This was the first time he'd say all these things out loud. "You should be careful who you call your best friend...bad things could happen." Gard had always said he didn't care what others thought, but Callum really thought he should, at least for a situation like his own.
                                          User ImageUser Image

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Gardner W. Faulkner
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

There are causes
worth dying for
But nothing
worth killing for

Gard would have left the carriage and found somewhere else to sit, but apparently it was time to get a move on. He felt the carriage jerk, then the thestrals began their journey towards the school. The carriage wheels rumbled quietly on the path up to the school. Gard sighed and watched the trees passing by them. He supposed that the two of them would just have to deal with the awkward atmosphere. He would forgive Callum eventually. He always did. For now, however, he was upset and hurt and he wanted to be mad at Callum. Gard wanted to be angry with Callum...but he couldn't. Even now, still stinging from the rejection of his friendship, he couldn't bring himself to be mad at Callum. He sat up and fidgeted with his tie, loosening the knot. It felt like he was being choked, almost. Or maybe that was just him. Don't go crying now, he thought, Alex will be pissed you didn't save the tears for her. He managed to cheer himself up slightly with that little joke, at least enough for the choked up feeling to go away. For the time being, that is.

Gardner had been expecting to spend the ride to the school in an awkward silence, neither of them speaking until they arrived at the school. However, soon after the carriages departed Callum posed a question to him. Gard turned and peered at the Slytherin, trying to puzzle out if the question was sincere or not. It seemed to be. But, why would Callum bring this up now? It wasn't the first time that he had tried to push Gardner away. Maybe he was right after all about this year being different. Perhaps it was because it was just the two of them, alone. They'd never really been in a situation like this before. Usually, whenever he would find a few minutes alone with Callum, they would undoubtedly be interrupted by someone from one of their Houses. Here, however, there was no chance of someone else randomly popping in and ruining whatever moment they were having. Before Gard could really answer, Callum kept talking, pointing out the myriad differences between the two of them. Gardner sighed and shook his head after Callum's...warning? It felt like a warning. Gard considered the questions, turning them over in his mind. He was prone to acting before thinking, which was why the Hat had eventually made the decision that he didn't belong in Ravenclaw. Right now, however, he needed to think carefully. Gard fidgeted with his tie again, then took a deep breath.

"You're right," he said, speaking slowly and choosing his words carefully, "We are from two completely different worlds...and that's why I know you're not what everyone thinks you are. Pureblood, Slytherin, Malfoy. Those are just words and they mean nothing to me. I see you, for you, not for what everyone else expects of you." Gard hesitated for a split-second, then reached out and placed a hand over Callum's. He gave Cal's hand a gentle squeeze as he continued, "I consider you a friend because I think you want to be friends. I don't really understand why you won't let me be your friend -" or maybe even more "- but I'm gonna keep trying until I figure it out." This was their seventh year, his last chance, Gard realized. After this, if he didn't figure out why Callum kept pushing him away, he might never have the chance again.

Gard Is...
With: Callum || Where: One of the carraiges || Doing: Trying to get through to him || Wearing: Hufflepuff Pride

xx love shine

Anxious Seeker

xUser Image

x Elizabeth Alecia Snow x
Elizabeth Alecia Snow
x Elizabeth Alecia Snow x

Defence Against the Dark Arts

Elizabeth attention was grabbed, just like everyone else by the spectacular entrance of the new teacher. She raised her eyebrows, that had been a very good dismount, a bit flashy but very well executed. Elizabeth could admire that. The spectacular entrance reminded her of when she used to play quidditch for Gryffindor. Liz had been the keep for the team for many years, but after graduating there hadn’t been much time for it. Sure she played some pick up came with other Aurors and friends, but it was nothing like the competitive world of competition quidditch.On the other hand, Elizabeth was pretty sure flying in the castle was not a thing the teachers were supposed to do. But she had no idea who this man was. Liz didn't talk too much of the staff last year, so she had no idea who the newcomer was supposed to be, maybe he was the exception to the rule. Liz stared at the man slightly, trying to figure out who he was, she felt for some odd reason she had seen him before.

Liz was drawn from her staring by first Chung calling her over. Elizabeths eye winded slightly. While Chung was still only a second year teacher, like Liz, she still intimidated Liz slightly. She was already head of Gryffindor, Liz’s old house, in her second year while Liz was still struggling just figuring out how to help the students. Elizabeth waved slightly, smiling. She knew Chung was friendly enough, they had talked about art a few times last year, so she didn’t want to be rude. She slowly made her way over to Jérôme, Chung and the new professor. “Its nice to see you as well. It was okay, not great. In my opinion there is way too much paperwork” Elizabeth said with a smile. Elizabeth had known Jérôme while she was still a full time auror. Well, it was more knew of him then knew him herself. He had been the bridge between france and england while Elizabeth had been a simple auror. Elizabeth gave Annabelle, a simple nod of greeting when she noticed her.

Elizabeth turned and gave a small wave and smile to the new teacher, Colt. Again, the name sounded very familiar. She raised her eyebrows when Chung called out Colt on eating early, talking as if he wasn’t right there. “I don't see the harm, if he had a long journey he should eat. It wouldn't help anyone to be hungry and not paying attention through the opening speech” Elizabeth said. She remembered in her Auror days when she would come back from a mission and all that was on her mind was food, she could barely think let alone hold a conversion or pay attention. And if Colts appearance was anything to go by, he had been traveling a long ways.

With: Other teachers Where: The great hall. Outfit:Outfit OOC
    User ImageXXUser ImageXX User Image

Dapper Roisterer

User Image

❁ Wyatt "Colt" Weissheit ❁
                                                                - - - History of Magic Professor / Flight Instructor - - -

Colt was very busy stuffing his face. The food was so good and it just materialized on platters as he needed it to. How could a person keep from eating with such good food staring them in the face like that? It wasn't his fault that none of the kids got here yet. An he was so hungry. The guy he sat next to was introducing himself and the other teachers around the table. The oriental one wasn't saying anything to him, just eyeing him. The dark haired female professor seemed nice enough and when he heard the short-haired woman call out the other two he decided she was his favorite. He kept eating until his stomach stopped feeling like it was on fire and then a tankard of butter beer appeared to quench his thirst. It wasn't until after he had drunk his fill that he brought the cup down and looked at them all closely for the first time. "Thanks for the intros, Chris." He heard what he was supposed to call him, but he wasn't about to do that. "L'astuce pour l'anglais est de parler avec l'avant de la gorge plutôt que le dos. Mais c'est agréable de vous rencontrer." He mentioned to the French guy, his British accent dropping the second he switched. "Anyway, nice to meet you too Chin. Oh wait...Lin. Nice to meet you." Again, he heard her name. He was messing with her. Plus she was rude. "What do you teach? Cultural Studies?" Another jab at her. Then he looked at the other woman that Christophe mentioned and he instantly brightened at her, grinning from ear to ear so that his dimples showed. "And it's very nice to meet you Belle. What do you teach, charms? I think you put one on me." Colt was a big fan of cheesy lines. A person could put them out there and if things got bad he could always play it off as a joke. Then he turned his head to the woman he knew he was going to like.

She was pretty and edgy looking. Very beautiful and Colt instantly found himself attracted to her but there was something about her that kept Colt from actually pulling a move on her. She seemed to him, like a kindred spirit and he wasn't going to mess that up with stupid flirtations. "Snow huh? I like it. And yeah, I flew in from Appleby this morning. The guys had a going away party for me and I didn't have time to pack so I had to do it all this morning, hungover." He wondered if the stiffs in the room were going to scoff or gasp at him. "Anyway, I really was hungry. Thanks for understanding...though...I'm still probably not going to pay attention at the opening speech." He chuckled to himself and took another drink of his butter beer. "Anyway what do you teach, Snow? I'm the guy who's teaching History of Magic and I'm the new Quidditch Coach. Well, this year anyway. As long as this leg gets better I can play with the Arrows again." He said patting his left leg. Inwardly he sighed. If not for that leg he'd still be doing what he loves. "So where are the kids? I thought I was going to be the late one. Do the thestrals have hernias or something?" He turned on the bench and looked around, as if they might appear if he stared at the doorway. Then he sighed and turned back to the table of professors, feeling very out of place.
                                                                -----------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

“As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” -Pablo Neruda

Location: Hogwarts- Dining Hall
                                                                Status: Obnoxious Entrance
                                                                With: Jerome, Chung, Elizabeth
                                                                Translations: "The trick to english is to speak with the front of the throat rather than the back. But it's nice to meet you."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff