Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like to continue strictly as an Oc rp or would you like the canon characters to make an appearance?

Continue as an Oc rp 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 2 ]
Have the canon characters involved 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Indifferent/ Let's just see what happens. 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
This poll closed on March 17, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19

User Image
~~ Ruby ~~
/// Pirate ///

Ruby nodded before she watched them all walk off the ship. She got a few more things before heading off as well. She did a bit more food shopping and also bought a few rare jewels, making sure she stayed with in her budget before heading back to the ship. After she finished putting the food away, she went to her room. She took off her bandana, fixing her hair up with a few bejeweled clips. She made it up to the deck, checking things over before she heard Edurado. She opened the small package he gave her and smiled. "Thanks so much." she smiled as she ate the sandwich.

The man was a very considerate person. Or maybe just to her. Whatever the case, she was grateful for the meal. She heard his plan to stay on the ship and smiled as she placed the pouch on a table before going over to the other. "Oh come on. Thats no way to have fun." she smiled. "Lets at least go watch Kanoko preform. It will be nice." she said, taking his hand and pulling him to walk with her off the ship. A chance to have fun and also from keeping the other on the ship alone. She wasn't stupid enough to let him do that. "Besides, are you really going to let a beautiful girl like me go out all alone? I might get kidnapped. So many men are attracted to this body." she smirked, placing a hand on her hip, striking a small pose before she kept tugging him off the ship and down to the walk way. Of course Ruby could take care of herself but she still wanted to tease the other a bit. They made it to where the stage was, getting a good spot. "I'll treat you to whatever you want after this." she smiled.

Beloved Vampire

User ImageUser Image

The festival had really drawn a crowd and now there was soo many people were waiting eagerly for the performance. A man walked on stage, which was all lit up and decorated and held up his hands for the crowd to be silenced, well as silent as a roudy bunch of pirates could be. " alright, thank you all for coming to tonight's festival. We have a spectacular performance for all of you to get this party started. So on that note, i am gonna let the ladies take over.. please give a warm welcome..." The man announced before he walked off stage as the curtain rose.

The lights were dimmed for a moment until several spots lights landed on Kanoko and the other performers.. The audience cheered and clapped loudly and Kanoko was filled with energy that felt like electricity. The music started and soon Kanoko's voice filled the entire area. Her hair was loose and free and she was wearing a black and white strapless outfit that hugged her body tightly.

(( Kanoko's performance and outfit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P41uQaOLC-Q
her role in the show is obviously the star aka christina aguilera's role Lol XD))

As the show continued, the energy from the crowd put a wide smile on her face. entertaining everyone like this made her soo happy. Her voice and her dancing was incredibly sexy and powerful and she never felt more at home on this stage except when she was on the ship with Ruby and Raines and everyone else. Speaking of which, Kanoko had spotted them immediately as soon as the performance had begun.

The show came to an end and the festival started off with a bang and Kanoko and the other performers took their bows and thanked everyone. They headed backstage to freshen up and get changed and join everyone else in the festival. Kanoko was feeling quite proud of herself. she had led an entire show by herself.

Beloved Vampire

(( TIMESKIP/THREAD REVIVAL !!!!!! *throws confetti and glitter everywhere))

Beloved Vampire

Kanoko yawned as she sleepily opened her eyes and sat up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around, the room was much darker than it usually was.. She checked out the window to see if it was indeed morning, the sun was up but there were a bunch of thick, grey clouds covering the sky. That would explain the lack of light in the room. normally when Kanoko woke up, she would have to shield her eyes or risk going temporarily blind.

She shared a room with Ruby and the girl had an affinity for shiny, sparkly jewels and jewelry a like. so their room was practically dripping with the precious treasure. Kanoko didn't mind one bit however. it was just when the sun came into the room just right, the entire room lit up. Kanoko stood up and began to get dressed for the day. It definitely looked like it was going to rain so she needed to dress for the weather given her "special ability " and all.

User Image

A few months had passed since they had lost set anchor in that small little town. She wasn't sure of their next destination but it didn't matter, Kanoko enjoyed the trip nontheless.. She wasn't sure how well Amira was going to deal with the incoming storm however. Kanoko exited the room but lingered in the door frame for a moment. Should she go and check on her? but than again, Amira didn't seem to like her very much.... Kanoko sighed and decided to leave the young girl alone for the time being.

She walked up the stairs and headed outside onto the deck. The sky was even darker now. the wind had picked up a bit as well. "oh this doesn't look good at all." Kanoko mentioned out loud but to no one in particular.
User Image
Amira

Already dressed, Amira sat in front of an old mirror, several end tables of various heights placed along the sides. The makeshift vanity held most of the girl's small accessories and trinkets she had collected during her months at sea. It was by no means as impressive of a collection as, say, Ruby's, but the slightly older woman had more experience under belt. Amira...well, Amira technically had none. She wasn't really a pirate after all. But she certainly didn't feel like a prisoner any longer either. So what did that make her exactly?

Her thoughts were interrupted as a rustle of sheets sounded in the corner of the room. Amira glanced back at her maid and friend Martina as she tossed a bit before settling back into place, still asleep. The usually put-together woman had grown increasingly unsteady over the past several days. While Martina swore up and down that she was fit as a fiddle, it was plain as day that she was becoming ill. Nothing serious by any means, but she, at the very least, required rest. But getting the bustling Martina to rest was easier said than done. Normally she rose with the sun, but fortunately the overcast skies kept the room nice and dark...though, a little too dark.

Amira finished her hair with a sweet bow, then stood and moved quietly over to the window, silently assessing the weather. She crept across the room with mindful steps and left the room just as carefully, closing the door to the cabin with a near inaudible click.

As Amira approached the deck, the sky came into full few. Momentarily losing herself, her mouth hung open as she looked up at the tumultuous sky and she wondered if the ship she stood on was built to withstand a storm of extreme magnitude. She stepped up the stairs slowly, taking it all in, before noticing Kanoko.

"Kanoko," she spoke up, gently, as to not startle her. "I don't think I've ever seen the skies look quite so...so frightening."

Beloved Vampire

User Image

A familiar voice chimed up behind Kanoko. she turned around and was surprised to see Amira standing there. Kanoko had just thought about checking up on her and now here she was standing before her. funny how things work out like that. Kanoko nodded and cast her gaze towards the sky for a moment. The storm was coming, no matter which way they went. they could try and outrun it but it was inevitable, the storm would be upon them one way or another. all they would do is delay it.

Kanoko turned her attention back towards Amira. she smile softly as to not worry the young girl. "hmmm yes, i have seen storms like this back on my home island but i have not been out to sea during one" Kanoko admitted worriedly. But she smiled brightly once again "however there is no need to fret, dear. if it gets to bad you should just take shelter inside." she stated happily.

she was sure that the ship would be able to handle the storm. however, there were several things that could go wrong. and in the worst case scenario, neither her or the captain could actually swim thanks to the cursed fruit. They would sink like a rock... that being a little more literal in her sense. Kanoko hugged her cloak around her a little more. " I'm sure there is nothing to fear, i bet it will blow over in no time." kanoko added to lift both their spirits up.

of course, just as she said that a crack of lightning shot down from the heavens, illuminating everything in its light for a moment. it was followed by a loud rumble of thunder. Kanoko's eyes widened and she looked frozen stiff.. " s-see? n-nothing to worry about at a-all...." she laughed nervously.
User Image
~~ Raines ~~
/// Pirate ///

Raines was up early that dark morning. A few months had gone by sense he had taken the princess from her home but he was surprised at how fast she was learning to adapt to the enviroment around her. Badou, his right hand man, seemed to grow more and more attatched to her as well. That didn't surprise him much sense they were both from navy families. And Ruby, his treasure seeking partner, well, she got along with anyone as long as you remained on her good side.

He made his way up to the wheel of the ship, looking out at the ocean and sky. A bad storm was breawing and they would be caught in the middle of it too. He hatted the rain sense it dosed his flames. He looked down to see Kanoko and Amira on the deck, looking out at the ocean as well. He watched the lightning strike, lighting up the area. "Looks like we are going to have some fun this morning." he said as he called up both Badou and Ruby to the deck.

Badou heard Raines over the speakers they had on the ship and made his way up to the deck with Ruby as well. He looked up at the sky and couldn't help but whistle. "Looks like a strong one indeed." he said before looking at the two ladies. "You two should head below deck. The deck during a storm is no place for two delicate flowers." he smiled.

He had gotten closer to Amira over the past few months but the girl still had her sharp tongue to her. He was fine with that really. He liked it better when she talked back to him. Almost seemed as if he was a bit of a masochist.

"Badou is right. This storm is going to be hard to get through but this ship has been through worse." Ruby smiled as she left the two and began to get the mass ready for the storm they were going to head straight into. She believed in Raines skills as the captain of this boat and knew that he would be able to navigate it. But they would not expect the fearsome storm to be worse then they thought, hanging on for dear life to keep the thing together as it was tossed in the waves of the ruthless sea.

OOC: Hey there. Glad to see the two of you back here and posting. ^-^ Its nice to start an RP up again. My post aren't going to be as good as my past ones. Working on a small laptop that has its screen cracked and blacked out in a few places so I only have this small box to actually see what I'm posting.
User Image
Amira

Amira cocked a brow at Kanoko's suggestion for her to take shelter from the storm. She shifted her weight as she crossed her arms. "Me? I'd think I should be saying that to you. If those clouds open up, you'll have a real problem on your hands." Her tone was harsh and matter-of-fact, but it came from a caring place deep down. Amira rarely paid attention to the way she spoke, not hearing the haughtiness of her own voice. To others, it may appear as though the young lady was uncaring, but that simply wasn't true. She just wasn't terribly good at showing her compassionate side, a trait she picked up from her father no doubt.

As lighting ripped across the sky and the loud boom that followed rung in her ears, Amira's knees buckled, her hand shooting out and grabbing the handrail for support. She looked to Kanoko with equally wide eyes. "Nothing to worry about indeed," she mumbled through tight lips.

Unsurprisingly, the rest of the crew quickly arrived on deck. Almost instantaneously, Amira raised her nose at Badou. Something about the young lad always seemed to revert Amira to her previous spoiled state. Perhaps it was because he was the only one willing to put up with her like that. "Delicate flowers...Flowers fare better than fools in any weather," she quibbled back with a flick of her hair. "Come, Kanoko. We should get you below deck before the rain starts," Amira decided as she began her decent back down the stairs. She needed to check on Martina anyway. Hopefully she was still asleep, though if it was going to be as bad as it looked, she wouldn't be asleep for long.

((ooc: Glad to be back! And a shame about the laptop! That's a bummer to hear.))

Beloved Vampire

Kanoko turned and looked up at Raines when he spoke up and walked up to take the wheel. Soon, Badou and Ruby appeared as well. Badou instructed for them to head back below deck. But, she felt bad just sitting down there and doing nothing while they worked hard in the pouring rain. however, there was nothing she could do. her clothes would only protect her soo much from the rain. and if the storm really was as bad as it looked then it wouldn’t be long before she was nothing but a over-sized paperweight.

kanoko sighed in defeat and nodded. “ Okay, but if you need anything please dont hesitate to ask. i’ll be happy to help where i can. “ She stated to ruby and badou. Kanoko turned and locked eyes with Raines. Her hands absentmindedly traveling up to touch the necklace he had given her. it was tucked away safely under her dress. she hadn’t taken it off since he had bought it for her and put it on for her. “Please, be careful.” she said gently.

The wind picked up and it was already spraying water from the dark, raging ocean onto them. Kanoko took that as her cue to follow Amira back down below deck. She removed the hood once inside. Only a few moments had passed and the beginnings of the storm descended upon them.. the ship started to sway a little bit more than usual. and the wind had picked up even more and the rain finally hit. the waves crashed up on the sides of the ship violently

Kanoko allowed amira to walk ahead of her as she stopped and looked out a window and cringed slightly. It was definitely going to be a rocky morning that was for sure. she moved down the hallway towards Amira’s room. she said she wanted to check on martina.. the poor dear was already feeling sick, the storm was going to do nothing to help that.

She approached Amira’s room and knocked first before she opened the door. “ how are you two doing?’ she asked. She looked over at martina. if the woman was awake she would ask “ I would offer to make you something to eat or drink, but I feel like you might not be able to keep it down. especially with the ship as rocky as it is.. unless, you feel like you can handle it?” Kanoko asked. her tone was very motherly.
User Image
Amira

No sooner had she reached the bottom of the stairs did Amira hear the hissing spray of the ocean onto the deck. She glanced back to be sure that Kanoko was out of its way before she continued down the hall. Her hands clenched into fists as she tried to keep herself steady as she walked. She could feel the waves begin to crash against the side of the ship and it jostled the smaller girl. Her body quivered along with the ship...and in fear. Amira took a breath to calm herself before entering her room.

Upon entering, not only was Martina awake, but with a foot on the ground as well. "No! Stop. You get back in bed this instant," Amira demanded, rushing to her friend and seizing her gently be the shoulders.

"My lady?" Martina began, looking about the dark room in a slight daze. "What is going on? And why do you look so pale?"

Amira bristled. "Me? Have you seen yourself? You're as white as a sheet, woman. For goodness sake, lie down already." Reluctantly, Martina complied and settled herself back into bed. The blonde pulled up a chair next to the bed as she explained. "We're just sailing into a bit of a storm is all. Nothing to worry about," she assured with a weak smile.

At the sound of the knock, Amira straightened as Kanoko entered the room. As she spoke, Amira's eyes narrowed. "I am quite capable of caring for her myself, thank you," she responded quickly and rather sternly. Martina slipped a hand out from under the covers and placed it on Amira's, giving it a small squeeze. The young girl looked down at Martina before glancing away in slight embarrassment. Martina smiled at her young mistress and then at Kanoko.

"That's very sweet of you, Kanoko, but I will be fine. My lady is right. I should rest. I'd much rather the two of you focus on yourselves and the ship. If we're sailing into a storm, we all best have our wits about us. Anything could happen, even down here, and it will have to be dealt with immediately."
Raines handled the ship like a pro as the storm came. He had been on the seas for years now and knew how to navigate rough waters. When to turn the ship, how to go against a current, how to prevent them from capsizing. As he maintained control, Ruby and Badou were on deck, handling the sails. They both watched Raines like a hawk through the rough rain, taking in the small signals on how to force the sail to go. It was amazing they could keep their footing on the slippery deck.

The rain made it hard to see, the thunder and crashing waves made it hard to hear, but none of that stopped the trio from keeping this boat, and its passengers safe.

Badou was switching to another rope to change the sail when a large wave crashed onto the deck. It momentarily blinded him and he lost focus of what he was doing until the rope he was suppose to have let go got a tight grip on his left arm and pulled it back. He cringed as he suddenly felt a pull and quickly took out a dagger, cutting the rope before it had the chance to take his arm off. He maintained the rope he had with one hand. He could already feel his arm pulsing with pain. Either he twisted the muscles or maybe popped a bone out of place. Either way, it did nothing to stop him from helping out.

Ruby had noticed the way Badou was working but could do nothing about it now. She had to focus. It was an hour of them against the storm. The ship creaked at the beating it took and a few times it felt like they would capsize, but they got through it. Below deck, items in the kitchen were being tossed around, a few broken dishes, and loose items in the bedrooms were tossed around as well.

They finally made it through the storm, sailing on calmer seas now. Raines looked behind him at the storm they got through and ran a hand through his hair. "Good work." he called out to the two on deck. They both smiled at him but he could see the pain in Badou smile and became worried. Did he get hurt? Before he could ask, something in the distance caught his eye. It was small but he could see it. Land. His smile brightened as he began to set course toward it.

Badou looked down at his arm and frowned. His elbow was swollen, already turning dark purple. He could still move his fingers so the bones weren't broken but he could barely move his muscles. He walked past Ruby as he began to head down below deck.

Ruby got the sail fixed before taking off after Badou. "Badou, what happened? Did you break your arm?" she asked.

"Its nothing. Just a sprain. I'll be fine." Badou smiled at her, hiding his left arm.

Ruby caught sight of it and frowned. "Its not just a sprain Badou. Let me see it. You need to get it treated properly." she said, reaching out toward him only to have her hand slapped away.

"I said I'm fine! I'm not some weakling Ruby! I have been through worse!" Badou snapped at her before going into the kitchen. He was the protector of the ship. He didn't want others to see him weak and vulnerable. He stepped carefully as he grabbed a cloth and filled it with ice before going to his room. His door didn't close all the way sense the storm messed up the hinges a bit. He sat on his bed, hissing as he placed the ice on his arm.

Ruby frowned before she went to go check on Amira, Kanoko and Martina. "Hey, are you all okay? Is anyone injured?" she asked, looking at them.

(( srry for the delay. Now typing on an ipad. Step up from broken computer. XD ))

Beloved Vampire

User ImageUser Image
Kanoko was a little taken aback when Amira snapped at her, She lowered her head slightly. Perhaps she had stepped out of line. She should apologize. It was funny how Kanoko allowed Amira to boss her around. Kanoko was significantly older than the girl and yet the dancer could never stand up for herself. It wasn't just with Amira, it was with everyone. She opened her mouth to apologize for her intrusion when heavy footsteps caught her attention..

Kanoko turned when she heard the commotion between Ruby and Badou. From Badou's voice he didn't sound too happy. She didn't exactly know what was going on but it sounded like Badou had been hurt, Since Kanoko was standing in the hallway now outside Amira's room, she locked eyes with Ruby. A smile spread across her face when Ruby asked if they were okay..

"oh yes, I am quite fine. But, i don't think mar----" Kanoko cut herself off. She didn't want Amira to get upset again so she remained silent. " I should go.. " Kanoko stated and said her goodbyes before taking her leave. She stopped and debated whether or not, she should check on Badou or not. She was worried about him but than again, he had snapped at Ruby so perhaps it was best to leave him alone as well..

Her last option was to head onto the deck. it didn't sound like it was raining anymore. So, Kanoko removed her hood and hung it up on a hook, leaving her in just her dress before heading up the stairs and outside.. The sun's warm rays greeted her happily and she smiled. She was careful not to slip or touch anything directly. The ship was still soaked from the storm they had just passed through.

Kanoko turned and spotted Raine. " That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You guys did great!" She chimed as she walked over to him. There was a stretch of land off into the distance " is that where we're headed??" Kanoko asked curiously.

(( Yay! im so glad to have you back! Now we can let the shenanigans commence!!! 8D ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff