Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Loiterer

User Image
User Image

Natasha Romanoff

"Hold that thought." Natasha grinned as Steve's voice came over her headset. "Thor is here that's good. We are on our way down too. As for who's attacking us it is currently unverified but it appears to be Loki." Whether it actually was his brother or not Thor was going to be angry enough for Tony and Bruce. She knew what it was like to have someone you thought was dead turn out to not be but Coulson didn't willfully trick them. The professional side of her agreed with the decision, the rest of her raged at the deception. If this was a fake he would learn what a stupid decision he made. If this was the real deal she didn't quite know what would happen but she wouldn't want to be in Loki's shoes.

Where I am
Avenger's Tower-stairs
Who I'm with
People
What am I doing
Hearing that Thor is in the Tower

Friendly Fairy

15,790 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Mike Steelshape

aka Razor

Razor nodded at the short red head that if he remembered right from the news stories her name was black widow and was one of the Avengers that saved Manhattan a while before as well as other things. He was ok with no plan, no plan means that the plan can't go wrong right then he heard the one girl say "Norse god" "wait what the heck are we going up against?" he thought to him self but did not say any thing. he then started down the stairs he gave it less gas but was moving faster down the stairs and well just like up it was bumpy but they got to the floor were every thing was going on. "ok we are here now. let's see what we are up against."

Dapper Dabbler

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
User ImageUser Image
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

In spite of the chaos happening around them, there was at least one question with a simple answer. Amy had a very, very good point with what she was claiming, but time wasn’t on the side of planning anymore, which brought the matter to one, undeniable point for what could go wrong.

”Everything.” Kamala shrugged her shoulders slightly, the balance on said shrug being set at a tilt by the relative size of one hand to the other. She raised the normal-sized one to gesture towards where mr. motor-cross was heading. ”Which is why we turn right. Oh, and Stark. Nice to meet you. So. yeah.” Kamala raised her hand in a sort of friendly hello that could have seemed far more casual if her hand wasn’t shaking and she hadn’t squeaked a bit on the last few words.

It may not have been that flattering that, of the many crises around her, it was being around the heroes which was intimidating her most.

On the bright side, so far, the adrenaline seemed to be helping push her performance issues to the wayside. She bounded down the stairs, muttering to herself for her to. ”Stretch, stretch--” with each of the steps she took, she skipped many more, taking her stride and expanding it enough so she was bounding after the motorcycle and Kyana.

Her stretch of the legs was good enough that, by the time Black Widow was back on her communicator, Kamala had managed to catch up with their tail lights to eavesdrop. Again, Kamala felt her nerves set alight with excitement at the prospect. ”Thor? I thought my family reunions were awkward.” It really gave her an appreciation for her extended family’s list of destruction being limited to failing at dancing during the Mendhi.

Kamala sprung up, jumping to run on the railing, so as to stay out of the way of the motorcycle. She listened closely as she could, which wasn’t much, considering the volume a motorcycle engine tended to run at, but at least she was trying to stay aware. She had a couple of ideas for what she could do, but what she should, the wisdom to tell what that was wasn’t likely to arrive until after the cavalry.

User ImagexxxUser Image

[ where ? || avengers tower - stairs ] [ who ? || a mass of people ] [ feeling ? || omg omg omg wtf ]

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

Given the other user active in the system went straight for the security features, they weren’t that difficult to understand. Tony and Jarvis had essentially given Chris a demonstration, after all.

Had Chris been conscious as a human, the situation would’ve been far harder to decipher. Here, within the system mainframe, he could process the running video feeds all at once. Movement in the building seemed to be concentrated on four main spots of varying degrees of interest. In a less chaotic circumstance, it might’ve been distracting enough for Chris to download all of Stark’s tech information and review them for interest’s sake.

It was a shame for them, then, that something far more intriguing was at work.

The first few changes that Chris decided to enact were likely to go unnoticed, at least for now. He activated one of the basic lockdown protocols, sealing off all of the exits to the building, windows included. What little light was left in each hall, room and stairwell were the artificial bulbs installed overhead.

For a moment, a large, electrical crack sparked through the communications system, giving a quick static jolt to anyone wearing an ear piece as they switched frequencies for no good reason. After those few seconds of confusion passed, the audio switched to a distorted version of that same conversation playing in reverse, starting from Black Widow’s last guess, to the alien-sounding gibberish that most reversed audio tended to sound like. The words blast through the communicators at double the volume. ”…ikoL eb ot sraeppa ti tub deifievnu…”

As the sentence kept going, rendering any further communication between floors temporarily impossible, another system started to act up. Both the hallways and the laboratories were blasted with a sudden, sonic wave from the fire extinguishing system, followed by a pulse of water bursting from the sprinkler at ten times the water pressure that should have been used.

A similar blast pulsed through the hallways in which Deadpool, Grudge, Titan, Nitro and the Guardians were fighting, except the water from those sprinklers was freezing over into hail before contact. Evidently, Chris had also found the thermostat.

While all of this was plenty chaotic, the worst thing of all his actions was the one that, at the moment, maybe two people at most would see, and possibly four would notice. Hardly a minute after Tony had meant to seal off the lab downstairs, his actions were reversed.

User ImagexxxUser Image

[ where ? || in stark's computer system ] [ who ? || mentally, near everyone ] [ feeling ? || unconscious ]

blackwhitetiger's Husband

User Image
Name: Johnathon Jekyll
Nickname/Alias: Grudge
Jekyll:Liar. I am a good man. Hyde: Who's lying now? You want it, even more than you want her.

Grudge shrieked in horrifying agony as Deadpool blasted some sort of "sound gun." The noise was utter hell as it resonated through Grudge. It took only seconds for them to fall to the ground, doubling over as pain clouded their minds. Only a moment later, the sprinklers started to rain down hail and the building's speakers played more retched sounds. It was unbearable for the symbiote and that meant it harmed the host. Clear, rational thoughts left the duo as pain required retaliation.

Grudge writhed on the floor, clawing, gnashing, screaming, as their tendrils lashed out to protect them. They cut into the walls, the ceiling, the floor. Concrete filled the air as the sprinkler lines were cut into jigsaw puzzles. Tiles littered the air as bulbs were shattered, glass raining like flickering, sparkling bits of pixy dust. Grudge roared as their tendrils hit wire, sending current into the wet floor for an instance as speakers were smashed. The lashing out made the pain almost bearable as reason started to add focus. It was almost enough as Grudge tried to focus on Deadpool. With another shriek, Grudge sprayed a stream of acid at Deadpool as tendrils slashed into support structures.

Creaking, stressed metal echoed in the hall as the floor and ceiling became weak. The acid and lashing tendrils had done to much. The floor started first, with a sudden jolt, it slanted, ready to fall. Yet, surprisingly, the ceiling gave way first. Dust filling the air as light fixtures fell, followed by concrete and steal. Grudge hissed in what seemed like victory before he knew, that noise was filling the floor from all of the floor that they occupied. Alas, at least it was now more manageable for the pair as they stumbled forward, regaining their strength as best they could. It was clear to them that they had become accustomed to being a hunter or too weak of prey. The symbiote liked this, it enjoyed the sport of tough prey, the host had less of an enjoyment.

(this was meant to cut deadpool off from grudge)
You must suffer me to go my own dark way

Dapper Werewolf

User Image

x
x
x
x

User Image

Speaking to: Kyana: Tony

Loki walked along the various tables that laced the floors of Tony’s private lab. Each table was felt with an array of lovely objects that had the potential to destroy the lives of millions. Loki’s concern at the moment wasn’t anything in particular, his fingers drifted faintly over the various objects in the room on the tables. His eyes drifted to each of the gadgets that lay about in an organized mess. Walking casually towards one of the devices he paused and looked over his shoulder as he listened to the thunder sounding out in the distance. Loki took a deep breath in and let out a harsh sigh; thunder met one thing, Thor had come back to Earth and had left Asgard unattended. That meant trouble for Loki, Loki looked to Azazel as he listened to Record relaying the various conversations to him and to the rest of the group.

“It looks as though we will be having company very shortly… Do remember to make yourself scarce when they get down here, I need to you be able to get us out of here.” Azazel looked to Loki and nodded gently before stepping away from Loki and over into the shadows. He could watch the room from here and if Loki needed him he could be at his side in a matter of seconds. Loki knew he was short on time and continued to look about the items that littered Stark’s creation tables. Continuing to look through the various items his hands drifted over the parts and pieces once again, suddenly something reacted to Loki’s presence. It rocked back and forth as Loki’s hand passed over it. Loki paused momentarily and looked to the piece of what looked like space rock; passing his hand back over the rock it shook once again. Loki held his hand over it and the rock shook a bit more before starting to vibrate and emit a soft pulsating green light. Loki’s eyes narrowed at the stone but the light immediately faded when Kyana entered the room. Listening to her warning, Loki slowly moved his hand away from the stone and scoffed gently. This girl obviously didn’t realize who she was talking to. Turning to look at Kyana Loki stood before her with a blank expression on his face.

”I know your kind, you just can’t help yourselves can you, constantly trying to stop the inevitable...” Loki gave her a very subtle warning but his face did not change from its current expressionless stare.

Loki took a few steps away from the stone and went back to looking through the various objects all the while keeping a close eye on Kyana. He knew that she wasn’t about to leave, these people and their undeniable need to do what was right. It truly would be the end of them, each one of them would fight tooth and nail to do what they felt was right, even if that included stupidly taking him on alone. ”I don’t believe you should be down here by yourself child… Perhaps you should go back to the others, before I rip out your heart." Danger flickered in Loki’s eyes as the words uttered themselves from his lips. The sheer venom in his voice would have been enough to kill a human being had it materialized as he spoke. Loki’s disdain wasn’t simply for this one girl or simply because she had interrupted him. It instead stemmed from Loki’s unease of his brother making an unexpected appearance and the idea that he was now running out of time. Switching on an intercom so that Tony would be able to hear him speak with Kyana; Loki lingered over a gadget that looked like some sort of a weapon and slammed his hands down on the table it was resting on, hopefully giving the young woman a bit of a start before the weapon went off and fired a round towards Kyana if she were to dodge the blast it was going to ignite the hall she had come from, if she took the it straight on, no telling what it would do to her. Hell Loki wasn’t even sure what the hell he had done to set the thing off in the first place let alone what it was truly meant for.

”We’ll have to talk to Mr. Stark about leaving his toys around, they’re obviously not safe for children.” Loki scoffed and walked towards another device that had been covered and labeled with a firmly inked out black “DO NOT TOUCH” on it. Tearing the tarp off of it Loki looked to the beast of a machine and smiled,
                                                ”Well well, what have we here? Another weapon that’s there to help mankind, someone’s not being very honest with themselves hmmm Mr. Stark; building weapons just comes naturally to you. I can see you trying to hide them in these, gadgets but deep down you’re struggling to keep the war that’s in your blood from spilling out into your work…” Loki, scoffed gently, ” You shouldn’t hold yourself back Stark… It’s a waste. Loki took a small metal beacon out from his coat and placed it on the machine. The beacon locked firmly onto the metal of the machine before it started flashing and overriding the systems. Hydra was now in control of the beast of a machine that instantly came to life. Taking a stance and very easily almost reaching the ceiling the metallic machine loomed forward ignoring Loki and Azazel who still lurked in the shadows, all the while looking for its next target.
                                                ”A gift for you Stark… From us to you… I’d not let it reach the outside if I were you… It’s targets will switch to anyone it comes across… I’d hate for you to be responsible for the deaths of those innocents as well.”
                                                User Image

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
GothamPD

Kyatana "Kyana" Aeira
'Wildfire'

Company: Loki
Mood: Scared/Trying to feel brave

User Image
Come at me and you'll see
I'm more than meets the eye
You think that you'll break me
You're going to find in time...

Kyana felt like she was brave, running ahead ready to fight with fire in hand. She was feeling it, the adrenaline from all the chaos going on around her but everything stopped when she came face to face with the culprit in the basement. She met his green eyes with her own and froze and her heart started to race. Loki, god of mischief. She learned about norse mythology in school, she learned about him on the news. She wasn't sure what to think of gods coming to earth then and the fire girl certainly didn't know what to think now. "I know your kind, you just can't help yourselves can you, constantly trying to stop the inevitable." he said to her with a blank expression. He started looking through Tony's various objects in the room and Kyana kept her gaze on him, wondering what he was doing.

"I don't believe you should be down here by yourself child..Perhaps you should go back to the others, before I rip out your heart." His words stunned the girl and she found herself almost unable to breath, the fire in her hands flickering in response to her fear. She was face to face with a god. She couldn't take down a god. He suddenly let off a weapon which shot a blast at her which luckily, despite the panic in her mind, she barely managed to dodge by jumping to the side. However it grazed her side slightly and made her yelp a bit in pain as she landed on the ground on all fours. Despite it being a blast that could possibly burn, it didn't burn Kyana. Because fire in a way ran through her veins she was immune to being burned and hot temperatures didn't bother her. She clutched her side and listened to Loki speak to Tony with widened eyes as he activated a machine that came to life and looked incredibly dangerous. She slowly got up and knew when the others came down she needed to help them. Because at this moment it was going to be a tough fight.

You're standing too close to a flame that's burning
hotter than the sun in the middle of July
Sending out your army but you still can't win
Listen up silly boy cuz I'm gonna tell you why...

I burn!

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
You're a firecracker Creed.
I'm an atom bomb.

Jean Grey
A.K.A. Marvel Girl

Jean had lowered her barriers that she'd put in the vents when she could feel the smoke pressing against it easing up as though the person making it had stopped. As the air started to clear Jean slowly rose to her feet, watching as the guardians ran off to deal with the threat on this floor and watching as someone seemed to be hacking the security system and changing things. If this person was part of the attack it wouldn't be likely that he'd be somewhere within the building. So Jean let the others go ahead and instead of following she turned to the window that had now been barred off by thick walls of metal. She reached her hand forward and started to slowly peel the metal back so that she could get out of the building and find the person who was hacking the system. Her mind searching the civillians on the ground below and when they were cleared she started moving into the nearby buildings. As soon as Jean managed to get the window open she carefully climbed out the window, standing on the ledge for a moment. Her hair started to whip around for a moment before she stepped off the ledge and slowly started to lower to the ground below, pausing her search for the culprit until she was safely on the ground.

As her feet touched the ground she resumed her search, if she was hacking the stark tower she'd need a computer and likely internet and a place to plug in so that the computer wouldn't run out of power. That left only a handful of places in the area. Jean pushed through the throng of the crowd and towards a nearby cafe. Jean looked over the few people that had remained inside, not apparently caring about what was going on at Stark tower and a man passed out at his laptop. Jean made her approach and cautiously reached her mind towards his, not sure what exactly she'd be met with.

In the company of: Some passed out guy.
Thoughts: What will happen?
Out of Control:

We come into this world alone...
and we leave the same way...
the time we spend in between...
time spent alive, sharing, learning...
together...is all that makes life worth living.

Shadowy Loiterer

User Image
User Image

Natasha Romanoff

Natasha felt a muscle in her eyelid twitch as the seemingly random glitches occurred. With all the things going on right now they really didn't need someone messing with the tower but right now she couldn't do anything about it. As long as this person kept their focus on annoyances she could tolerate it. Something in the hallway burst into flames and she took that as her cue to go to work. Drawing her guns Natasha threw open the stair door and made her way into the lab. Loki was there and so was some hulking machine. Natasha couldn't quite see what it was but knowing Tony she could be sure that it wasn't built for merely picking daisies. Quickly she tossed a few taser disks at it hoping to short it out for a few moments at the very least before training both guns at Loki.
"I don't suppose you would just like to surrender now whoever you are?"

Where I am
Avenger's Tower- Lab
Who I'm with
Loki and Kyana
What am I doing
Hoping that machine stays down a bit

Friendly Fairy

15,790 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Mike Steelshape

aka Razor

Razor turned off and parked his bike and got off. he then drew his sword and sharpened it for battle as he followed the Black Widow, at least to the best of what he knew it was her. He got in the room not long after her and took a second to take it in. "Right Norse God." he said mostly to him self but still out loud when he saw Loki. He now readied him self for what ever was next and he hoped there was no surprises left.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

As far as Jean could see physically, Christoph was out like a light or possibly a long-term coma patient. Not even a twitch of awareness passed through him when she approached. The sole aspects of his brain in relation to his physical body which were still functioning were involuntary systems. He had a pulse and he was breathing, but his consciousness and his senses were disconnected to his physical body.

That was not, however, to say that such activity wasn’t there. Christoph was awake, at least in a sense of it. His awareness was simply reformatted. His neurological activity and the thoughts that accompanied it weren’t directed towards physical actions through the chain of neurons, but through the chain of code. The emotions and intent behind these behaviors seemed scattered; excited but unfocused. There was no sense of a specific mission or goal, which should’ve been plenty enough to tell that he wasn’t associated with the main attack.

His focus switched from one security camera to the next, the audio feeds being interpreted at the same rate. Whichever ones he couldn’t watch, the audio feed was being taken in by the automatic captioning processes, which, while imperfect, still gave a general sense of what was happening elsewhere in the building.

When Grudge started to lash out at the speakers, they shut down for now, the roar from before being replaced by the angry electrical crackle of the damage he’d done. The cameras, and Chris’ mind, switched their focus again, landing firmly and exclusively on the few people in the basement. His signal slowed slightly, the interference from the hijacked robot starting to sap the speed of his own access.

At that moment, when the system was starting to slow down, the system finally had enough space to notice Jean was there. Again, the ability to form a coherent thought of its own had been compromised. What should have been a human thought was rendered an electrical signal of a very different pattern, one that wasn’t quite human enough to express intent. The emotional signals in the brain started to express strain. The physical body lying at that table mirrored this. A thin layer of sweat was starting to appear, concentrating primarily on his hands, up his arm and to his face.

After fifteen seconds of a loading screen, Chris accessed a word program. The screen of his laptop was too cluttered to show the words physically, but given that Jean could see each of the processes he was running for herself, she’d be able to see the message. Go back.

The majority of his brain space wasn’t focused towards that process, instead having set on controlling the open room in the basement and the people inside. Between the footage and the audio feed, Christoph’s curiosity was being plenty fulfilled and raised all the more. Given how basic the communications systems were to manipulate, Loki using them was an opportunity that Chris couldn’t get himself to resist.
                                    The loudspeaker in the basement crackled. What would have likely been expected to be Tony’s voice calling back was instead a distinctly computerized one, much lower-tech than Jarvis’. ”I don’t know who the hell defined responsible for you, dude, but, for your birthday, I’m totally sending you a dictionary. There a zip code for Psychoville? …What’s that running on, anyway, personal-access wifi hotspot, standard-issue SIM?” Chris asked, the computerized voice taking any sense of emotion out of what Jean would know, based on the emotional state Chris’ mind was in, was supposed to be a giddy mocking. It was also meant to be a distraction while his curiosity roamed ahead, searching for a wifi jammer in the vicinity to potentially shut Hydra’s access to the machine down.

If his earlier emotions didn’t make it clear, that moment of intent should have done the trick—Chris wasn’t working for anybody. Right now, he might as well have been at a playground.

It was also worth noting that, if Jean did want to pull Christoph out of the system after that, she had a fairly obvious option to do so. He had even thought about it when typing the message to her. If she shut down the computer he was using for access, he’d be out.

User ImagexxxUser Image

[ where ? || in stark's computer system ] [ who ? || mentally, near everyone; physically near jean ] [ feeling ? || unconscious ]
Shimmering_Apocalypse

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces